The end of the thermal vehicle arrives bright electric.

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
RV45
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

The end of the thermal vehicle arrives bright electric.

by RV45 » 12/04/14, 18:58

Unimaginable for almost all of us. But when it's Osamu Masuko who says it, we no longer laugh

The CEO of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Osamu Masuko, is not in the habit of making surprising revelations regarding electromobility, so we could not ignore this news.

According to him, electric cars will be so affordable and will have such a long autonomy between recharges that petrol cars will not be able to compete in the next generation of cars.

He mentions that manufacturers of cars and batteries are currently working on a sevenfold increase in battery capacity, increasing its potential range to more than 1000 km, as well as a major reduction in the cost of the battery, 1/20 of 2009 prices, which will drive growth for electric cars.

“Once these targets are met, the gasoline engine will not be able to compete,” he said, adding, “In 10 years we could see a drastic change.” He compared the increase in electric vehicles to that of mobile phones, which has had a major impact on land line phones. “The world is changing, and battery technology continues to advance,” he said.

Matsuko said that lithium-ion batteries for a 2009 electric car cost as much as a Toyota Yaris, but that its price has since halved.

Masuko said the fact that China - along with Bolivia and Chile - controls one of the few sources of pure lithium for the production of current batteries is a matter of concern, which means that the product has often been used as a tool for political negotiation. However, new deposits have been found in Kazakstan, reducing the risk of supply instability. In the longer term, the use of new substances for the manufacture of batteries may further reduce the use of Chinese lithium. : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/04/14, 22:55

doomed doomed doomed ...

We will see ... I think that in 10 years, the thermals will still be the best in autonomy.

But if the batteries make such technological leaps in such a short time, well I will be very happy anyway.

You still have to stay moderate ... If we look at the trend in mass energies for propulsion batteries over 30 years, it hasn't multiplied by 10 every 10 years, far from it ... We went through painfully Lead to Nickel Cadmium, then NiCd to MiMH, then to Lithium ...

And yet Lithium is not as reliable as Nicad ...

Calm, calm ... :P
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/04/14, 01:32

in 1899 it was an electric car which was the fastest and broke a record at 100km / h

since the battery progress we've been very slow

electric motors can not make progress since they are almost perfect: excellent low weight performance ... there are only the batteries that make the limit

on the other hand the internal combustion engine progressed regularly, there is no reason that it is finished ... the limit calculable thanks to carnot is still far
0 x
RV45
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV45 » 13/04/14, 08:28

Already 300 km with a BMW i3 and 500 km with the Tesla Model S.

The Mercedes B-Class will have 30 kWh of battery.
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/uneact ... s_id=27332

The Kia Soul EV has a battery of 200 wh / kg with 27kwh on board.
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2014/K ... trique.php

But above all research on batteries is so strategic around the world that the good technologies are considerable.

Batteries are not only for cars but also for storing renewable energy.

So technologies on graphene electrodes where lithium air or other is not what is missing.

Example BMW had already dropped the doubling of battery capacities in three years. We know very well that this information is difficult to let go. Result all BMW will be hybrid and rechargeable.
The first will be the X5.
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2014/B ... edrive.php

It was the turn of WW which had been late in announcing between doubling and tripling capacities for future models, however one of the manufacturers dragging their feet on the EV.
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2014/v ... um-air.php

So now that manufacturers can no longer escape the electric because of sales rocking in some countries with more than 20% of sales like in Norway where some American states like California on large sports sedans with the overwhelming domination of You're here. Finding out all the manufacturers are playing their survival.
http://www.lavoiturehybride.com/actu/ve ... r-europeen

Even Porsche goes electric, of course with the rechargeable Panarema, but also the other models.
And it's not the only one
http://www.lavoiturehybride.com/actu/vo ... n-de-pekin

A very good thermal engine has an efficiency of 35% the future motor could reach 38% at a price always ten times more expensive than an electric motor with an efficiency of 98% :!:

What annoys the manufacturers and we understand it is that the manufacturing price of an electric car is much lower than the thermal vehicle and this supremacy will be sooner or later in the selling price of the vehicles. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/04/14, 10:34

RV45 wrote:A very good thermal engine has an efficiency of 35% the future motor could reach 38% at a price always ten times more expensive than an electric motor with an efficiency of 98% :!:

It has been repeatedly explained that one cannot compare a thermomechanical efficiency and an electromechanical efficiency ...

Because a thermal machine works with energy disorderly to convert it into energy orderly : it is subject to the limits of Carnot, whereas an electrical work, it is roughly a mechanical work directly transmitted to electrons, is only a conversion of energy of a ordered form to another.

But finally this kind of debate "we are going to have great batteries, you will see", we must be able to find some 10 years ago, 20 years etc ... Electrochemistry is hyper-delicate, especially when you want to develop a reliable, efficient and not too expensive product on an industrial scale.

If you look at the electrochemistry that has really developed for vehicle traction, There are not a lot...
1) Lead,
2) Nickel,
3) Lithium.

And even the autonomy of Lithium in km / kg on board is still ridiculous compared to liquid hydrocarbons, which are much easier to transfer than electrons (35 L of SP95 for 500 km poured in 5 minutes, how many hours to fill the Tesla 85 kWh, even at fast charge? ...

Et batteries "in the air" , attractive by their energy density, have lots of long-term internal corrosion problems, because of the oxygen ... which as its name suggests "oxidizes" almost everything ... There is hardly that Fluorine and rare gases which are diverted from it ... : Idea:

My idea is that it is the best choice and for a long time to come: a predominantly electric car equipped with a small 10 or 20 kW generator.

@+
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/04/14, 11:26

Come on, I summarize in 3 points ???

1) As long as he is right! Provided !!!

2) Others, before him, had announced the big turning point [I think of Carlos Ghosn of Renault-Nissan; but today it is very far from the announced objectives; let Renault recognize the merit of continuing - see the current advertising campaign for the Zoé!]

3) Question batteries, it is still not won in advance. The trend curve of progress, until then, was not that of Intel on processors with a doubling each year ...

4) Come on, I put you 4 for the price of 3! There remains the fundamental question thatwe should not dissociate from that of electricity storage: its production ! It will be necessary to produce all this electricity, in addition to that which is consumed elsewhere! Beware of "tomorrow we shave free!" Do not forget that all the energy consumed in fuels, that makes a hell of a stick of GWh! Proglio must also dream of "provided that ..."

But I repeat: provided that!
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The end of the thermal vehicle comes alive fast.

by moinsdewatt » 13/04/14, 11:58

RV45 wrote:...
According to him, electric cars will be so affordable and will have such a long autonomy between recharges that petrol cars will not be able to compete in the next generation of cars.

He mentioned that manufacturers of cars and batteries are currently working on a sevenfold increase in battery capacity, increasing its potential range to more than 1000 km, as well as a major reduction in the cost of the battery, 1/20 of 2009 prices, which will stimulate growth for electric cars .....

and if my aunt had it would be .......

Researchers have been the ideal battery for a long time.
All this is not for the next generation of cars.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/04/14, 13:33

the promise of a miraculous electric car, I leave those who want to believe it

on the other hand a heat engine with a yield of 47% this is not a promise for the future: Did67 is well placed to find out, with the schnell group of its methanizer!

transposing what works big and fixed to a smaller engine will end well to be possible

if peugeot and renault really wanted to do it it would already be done
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/04/14, 18:25

all that remains is to invent an efficient taxation system! It would not be that owners of PV panels drive almost free!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
RV45
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV45 » 13/04/14, 21:49

Remundo wrote:
And even the autonomy of Lithium in km / kg on board is still ridiculous compared to liquid hydrocarbons, which are much easier to transfer than electrons (35 L of SP95 for 500 km poured in 5 minutes, how many hours to fill the Tesla 85 kWh, even at fast charge? ...

@+

Too easy the answer, the demonstration has already been made where rather the thermal vehicle has once again been ridiculed : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

http://www.turbo.fr/videos-voiture/4353 ... ondes.html

You have other claims like that :P

To see it for real you have to go between L'os Angeles and San Francisco to see the first production.

My test of the Tesla in California was last summer.

The reality is the first electric car brand in Japan, the biggest EV market in the world at the moment.

Wouldn't it be credible

http://ev-sales.blogspot.fr/search/label/Japan
0 x