Rockrider 6.0 Btwin electric mountain bike + brake discs + reinforced fork and two-seater!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Flytox

Re: Reinforce the fork of a Rockrider 6.0 ATV converted to electric and discs?

by Flytox » 04/11/19, 00:07

https://www.sobenracing.com/reglages-amortisseurs-soben.html

Flytox wrote:Vehicle dynamics

The different phenomena observed in vehicle dynamics
The adjustment of the Soben shock absorbers of the blue range
The different vertical speeds of the wheel
The different vertical positions of the wheel

Low speeds (zone 1) are between 0 and 0.2 m / s. In this area we will be able to act on:

cash management
traction
trajectory accuracy and car stability
vibrational comfort

The slope of the damping law must be identical between compression and rebound to have good comfort without compression or load shedding in the seat. On the other hand, the rebound damping must continue to rise beyond this zone while it must stabilize in compression. The slope change is made on efforts generally 3 times greater in expansion than in compression (zone 4).

The high speeds are between 0.7 and 2 m / s. In this area we will be able to act on:

comfort on bumps and falls
wheel bounce

Pumping

Diagnostic :

After receiving a bump, your car will oscillate endlessly. The reception is done correctly (no tailgating), however it follows oscillations, it is the phenomenon of pumping.

solutions:

To avoid this phenomenon, it is necessary to strengthen the trigger on low speeds. For this one can for example, on the stacking of the piston, pass from a leak valve with 6 slots to a valve with 2 slots.

So that the suspension swallows the obstacle and the wheel disappears, there must be a slope break in the compression damping laws so as not to generate too great forces in compression (zone 2). On the other side in rebound (zone 3), the damping must have a sufficient level to slow down the wheel flap or to restrain the fall of the wheel when going down a step. It should also not be too high as this generates vibrating in the car.

On old and inexpensive motorcycles, we often only find rebound damping and not compression.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/19, 11:31

Thank you for the link :) I believe I have never seen a curve of damping law ... it will help me to adjust the fork of the ATV!

There we are really in the fine preparation right?

I haven't understood everything yet but it seems to me that this graph shows that asymmetry is especially specific to Soben technology:

laws effort_deplacement-typiques.jpg
lois-effort_deplacement-typical.jpg (32.86 KB) Viewed 4400 times
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/19, 11:48

Flytox wrote:two fold

Sorry?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/19, 11:52

Flytox wrote:On old and inexpensive motorcycles, we often only find rebound damping and not compression.

Crazy that, I could have sworn the opposite! Especially on a motorcycle! (fork which plunges and which must pick up the fastest on the road ...)

We speak well in the reference "shock absorber", that is to say relaxation = the shock absorber lengthens ....

??

Because a simple fork, just with single coil springs, absorbs as much in compression as in rebound ... and as the fork spring is prestressed in compression by the weight of the machine, the springs are logically harder in compression than in relaxation ...

??
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/11/19, 22:11

Christophe wrote:
Flytox wrote:On old and inexpensive motorcycles, we often only find rebound damping and not compression.

Crazy that, I could have sworn the opposite! Especially on a motorcycle! (fork which plunges and which must pick up the fastest on the road ...)

We speak well in the reference "shock absorber", that is to say relaxation = the shock absorber lengthens ....

??

Yes, relax when the cushioning lengthens.
Soben's diagram also shows that the other competitors have asymmetric expansion compression curves. Of course everyone glorifies their own curve : Mrgreen:

Because a simple fork, just with single coil springs, absorbs as much in compression as in rebound ... and as the fork spring is prestressed in compression by the weight of the machine, the springs are logically harder in compression than in relaxation ...

Old / simple forks can dampen symmetrically, those that are a bit advanced use different passages / nozzles / valves etc ... for compression and relaxation. For the prestressed spring, I suppose it is as hard to go as to return, it is just an offset from the starting point, very useful among others on motocross bikes or the wheel often leaves the ground. ..
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 04/11/19, 22:32

You're right, but given our colleague's mountain bike, we're talking about DIY (excuse me Christophe)! The washing machine dampers that I had installed on the "fork" of my 103 had brought "a slight better" feeling to use and in no case a forked nirvana! Between resourcefulness, recycling and Öhlins, there's a chasm.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/11/19, 22:42

GuyGadebois wrote:You're right, but given our colleague's mountain bike, we're talking about DIY (excuse me Christophe)! The washing machine dampers that I had installed on the "fork" of my 103 had brought "a slight better" feeling to use and in no case a forked nirvana! Between resourcefulness, recycling and Öhlins, there's a chasm.

+ 1; : Mrgreen: It is true that a beautiful Öhlins fork is splendid, light, rigid, efficient, almost everything is adjustable in good manufacturing quality, etc.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/19, 10:56

After Bob the builder, Chris the builder! : Cheesy: Hey, you're kidding, but my "fork" budget was +/- 50 € ... and in the absence of compatible equipment there is only the resourcefulness which is possible !! The goal is also didactic in relation to other people in the same case! That is to say having a fork which is no longer or hardly available!

Yes I could have bought a mountain bike 300 € ... it would have been less DIY and after? Zero economic interest!

And my madmax fork, I am sure that it will be fine once the double aeraulic damper is installed and properly adjusted!

I would love to prove it to you, but how? I don't really have a shock absorber ...

However I have this: https://appcenter.bosch.com/details/-/app/iNVH

Any idea of ​​the protocol?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/19, 10:58

Flytox wrote: + 1; : Mrgreen: It is true that a beautiful Öhlins fork is splendid, light, rigid, efficient, almost everything is adjustable in good manufacturing quality, etc.

Yes and the splendid is expensive! How much are the first prizes? 1250 € !! https://www.bike-components.de/fr/OeHLINS/

Sorry I'm too poor to pay for that!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/11/19, 12:22

Christophe wrote:
Flytox wrote: + 1; : Mrgreen: It is true that a beautiful Öhlins fork is splendid, light, rigid, efficient, almost everything is adjustable in good manufacturing quality, etc.

Yes and the splendid is expensive! How much are the first prizes? 1250 € !! https://www.bike-components.de/fr/OeHLINS/

Sorry I'm too poor to pay for that!

I took as reference the Rolls of shock absorbing products. There are other brands that are much cheaper and just as valid, especially for mountain bikes.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)