Rockrider 6.0 Btwin electric mountain bike + brake discs + reinforced fork and two-seater!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Re: Rockrider 6.0 mountain bike converted to electric: brake discs, reinforced fork and two-seater!

by Christophe » 26/05/21, 16:27

IsidoreLeGros wrote:Ah yes, 50 EUR shipping costs! : Shock:
When I bought them, the shipping costs were free.
Waho, that's a hell of a lot of inflation! :o

Hi legros! : Cheesy:

Here is what gives a 12 € on Amazon Prime + improvements of 2 extensions on my 2nd mountain bike assembly:

nouveaux-transports/vtt-viper-fs-3-0-biplace-adapter-un-porte-bagages-passager-sur-vtt-full-suspendu-alu-7005-7020-t16849-10.html#p448181

(the rockrider's got lost ... don't screw up sending the 2 in one package ...)
1 x
IsidoreLeGros
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Reinforce the fork of a Rockrider 6.0 ATV converted to electric and discs?

by IsidoreLeGros » 29/06/21, 10:45

IsidoreLeGros wrote:That's a little over 1000 km since the electrification of my bike 6 months ago, on 21/10/2020.
According to the counter:
- 1027,2 km traveled
[...]

And hop, 1000 km more traveled in 2 months, since May 3. 8)
It's run good ! :D

1 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Rockrider 6.0 Btwin electric mountain bike + brake discs + reinforced fork and two-seater!

by Rajqawee » 30/06/21, 10:13

I'm very interested in this subject, I'm going to move during the summer to my house, 5km from work (including a 100m hill, uphill on the way back) and I ask myself the question of electrifying my GIANT LIV Alight 3 bike. (https://velo-dans-la-ville.fr/produit/alight-3/).

The idea is:
-take it almost every day to go to work, saving time on the way back
-be able to combine the work trip with, for example, a few shopping at the market
-be able to easily take and bring back a toddler (even if mine are in school at home, that does not exclude activities in the city after all)

I doubt I will manage to do all this regularly without electrifying. My question is that I mostly see people converting ultra heavy and robust stuff (like rockrider) while my bike is more of a very light thing:
- drum brakes
-10kg
-road tires

Opinions ?
0 x
IsidoreLeGros
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Rockrider 6.0 Btwin electric mountain bike + brake discs + reinforced fork and two-seater!

by IsidoreLeGros » 11/08/21, 16:53

To answer @Rajqawee: A VAE uses more power and greater speed, which requires a beefy structure and good brakes. I very much doubt that a light bike with drum brakes and road tires (low contact surface with the ground to brake) is the best choice for making an eBike. To be honest, personally I would not recommend it.
0 x
IsidoreLeGros
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by IsidoreLeGros » 11/08/21, 17:00

Christophe wrote:I did not notice any leaks no but they are barely 1 year old ... and about 500 km ...

And not even inflated they cushion ... it's just softer.
Advantages: very light and look ...
Disadvantages: frankly delicate settings
If you take a pneumatic model, 1 chamber is enough ... mine are 2 chambers but it is useless in my use of "grandpa" ...

I ended up with an adjustable spring suspension, with oil damper, and adjustable rebound.
It is true that it changes the comfort of the bike! :D

Small problem with the new shock absorber: the body is closer to the bindings than on the old one. Suddenly it came to a stop and I couldn't fix it.

It was settled with a blow of the grinder ...

There you go, impeccable. :)

The behavior is very different: there is now really a cushioning, and it feels, it is much more pleasant.

I am happy. :)
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/21, 17:03

Rajqawee wrote:I doubt I will manage to do all this regularly without electrifying. My question is that I mostly see people converting ultra heavy and robust stuff (like rockrider) while my bike is more of a very light thing:
- drum brakes
-10kg
-road tires

Opinions ?

+

IsidoreLeGros wrote:To answer @Rajqawee: A VAE uses more power and greater speed, which requires a beefy structure and good brakes. I very much doubt that a light bike with drum brakes and road tires (low contact surface with the ground to brake) is the best choice for making an eBike. To be honest, personally I would not recommend it.

I would say the opposite ... no problem with a 250W crank motor ... and a battery on the triangle!

A 250W electric bike will not make you go faster at maximum speed, since it is limited to 25 km / h ... but it will make you go faster at medium speed!

I don't see a "drum" brake on your bike ... I see skates ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/21, 17:04

IsidoreLeGros wrote:I ended up with an adjustable spring suspension, with oil damper, and adjustable rebound.
It is true that it changes the comfort of the bike! :D

(...)

The behavior is very different: there is now really a cushioning, and it feels, it is much more pleasant.

I am happy. :)

Ah you see! Finally !! :) I told you that the original shock absorber was not!

ps: put the images with the attachments please ... otherwise they will disappear sooner or later from the forum :(
1 x