Wheel motor

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Wheel motor

by geotrouvetout » 31/05/08, 01:39

Hi everybody,

to see or review for some on youtube, I did not know or post, here or mouth.

To listen to the end.

https://www.econologie.com/moteur-roue-p ... -3976.html

Geo;).
0 x
quartz
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by quartz » 31/05/08, 19:45

Good evening everyone, :D

The wheel motor was used on Volvo public works machinery, a combustion engine powered an alternator.
The overall performance of the machine was very good.
Because the efficiency of a constant speed heat engine is more easily optimized.

Volvo to reuse this wheel engine technology on a small city car all that in the 85 years.

The synchronous motors we made significant progress it should be known that on the first TGV, these motors weighed 1515 kg (we called them the "Marignans") and developed 550 KW. 12 were needed per train. The AGV's synchronous magnet motors weigh 700 Kg and develop 900 KW each
There are roughly standard Samarium Cobalt magnets, it's a bit warm (180 °) for the Neodymium Iron Bore.
These are the engines that propel the AGV which exceeded the 574,8 KM.

I am convinced that the problems are not technological but political.
For the record, an on-board alternator group driven by heat engine, has an extremely honorable performance much better than a thermal subject to constant variation regimes.
and I'm not talking about a stirling solution also tested by Philips in the 72 years.
In short everything we talk about the electric car has been farted and repeated invented etc ...
Just there is no desire behind that to follow.

You will find me poop certainly but it swells what!
0 x
Every minute that passes is an opportunity to change the course of your life.
YouTube page, Dailymotion page, Picasa album, personal Pages, Viktor Schauberger
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 31/05/08, 20:53

yes quartz
it dates from 5 years ago we have already spoken
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2003/michelin.php
Mercury Sand Davis
Another project attracting attention is the Mercury Sable (photo opposite) prepared by the students of the University of Davis. This car was originally equipped with 6 cylinders of 3 liters, students replaced this mechanics with a very small 500 cm3 engine, coupled with a powerful electric motor. Thus modified, and thanks to ultra-sophisticated management electronics, this large 5 seats sedan would now consume less than 2 liters at 100 km. Contacts are already established between the students (and their teachers) and several builders. There was also a bi-fuel diesel truck, since it also accepted natural gas (not current for a diesel ...), as well as a vehicle that can work with methane as well as with hythane (wonder of the electronic command direct injection).
So we saw that the technical choices to go to the clean car are multiple, and all the participants left with lots of new ideas, that was the goal. While the main thing to remember from this 2003 edition was that for the first time, hydrogen predominated, it will not be the last.
0 x
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 31/05/08, 21:16

Hello,

thanks for the answers, but I was expecting other reactions to the "second" part of the video, whatever the technology, the big financial groups of all kinds are preparing their backs by getting their hands on everything which has a public interest (and financed by the public) and in addition there will be a taxation on electricity such as that of products intended for vehicles and new speculations on fuel electricity.
In spite of the so-called liberties, a dictatorial financial manna will always oppress us.
In order to be able to do ecology it is first of all necessary to subject oneself to eradicating the ecological brakes (powers in place, decision makers etc ...), but how to pierce a hermetic sphere to all legitimate claims, which is to say how change the world.

Geo angry : Evil:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/05/08, 21:45

The motor-wheel is not so new: already at the end of the years' 60 the Belgian company ACEC (Charleroi Electrical Workshops) produced and realized 2 buses demonstrators, one of which ended at the ditch following a the driver's carelessness so easy to drive. without continuation.
They have also equipped armored military vehicles, some of which have been delivered to South Africa and have presented a troop transport particularly powerful the Cobra. Unfortunately as the Belgian army did not want to buy (no budget) they have never been able to sell (try to sell an armament that even your country does not want to see)
Acec was acquired by Alstom for the 75-78 years.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Remundo

by Remundo » 31/05/08, 23:21

elephant wrote:one of whom ended up in the ditch due to imprudent driver so easy to drive.

Good evening everyone,

Well the driver may have been bad, but the motor-wheel has a very important defect: it increases the unsprung mass of the vehicle and therefore degrades its handling ...

Unfortunately for passenger vehicles (ordinary cars, vans and small SUVs) this technology is not easily usable.

Indeed, to ensure acceptable handling, we must tend to suspended masses (wheels, steering, dampers, brakes) as large as possible compared to the unsprung mass. The beautiful alloy wheels contribute to it.

By placing the motors in the wheels, we do the opposite: we increase the suspended mass while decreasing the unsprung mass.

Because of the high inertia in translation and rotation of the wheels, a wheel in vertical movement (movement when rolling on a rut or a hump) is dangerous because it transmits its movement to the entire vehicle, which is caught up to the down or thrown in the air, wheel taken off of the ground.

A little less boring, but annoying, a heavy wheel requires more force to change direction ("heavy" steering wheel). And gyroscopic effects can also generate torques that wear out the running gear.

Wheel motors are much more easily applicable to heavy vehicles traveling at low speeds, preferably on well paved tracks. For example, a dumpster, a bus, a construction machine (some super-mine trucks work like that with a huge central diesel fueling 4 electric motor-wheel, but more often hydraulic).

That said, it is not impossible to think that the mass of the wheel motors can become acceptable, with progress on the materials ... and the compaction of the engines. Some links for the curious about the PRBC concept:

http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_francais ... nstat.html
http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_francais ... ybrid.html
http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_francais ... nvmvt.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 31/05/08, 23:23

For the vision of "the big bad private multinationals", I like to remember that they employ tens of thousands of employees. They are not there to give alms and when a technology interesting is no longer protected and / or developed, they seize it either by purchase / direct circumvention of patent, or not taking a stake in a company holding them.

Quebec does not adequately defend its inventions, both those developed on public funds (such as the wheel motor, Lithium batteries ...) that those private (almost non-existent support vis-à-vis the Quasiturbine Saint Hilaire).

Quebec also has the disadvantage of being stuck between two very liberal Anglo-Saxon giants and "friends": the USA and Canada.

France has a few too rare industrialists with "pif" and significant financial resources, such as Bolloré and Dassault.

So, here comes what happens ...

@+
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 31/05/08, 23:47

I missed an episode : Cheesy: I was not aware of the independence of Quebec : Cheesy:

dassaut had the gall to make the burst that no one wants : Cheesy:
the father he calls bloch or dassaut was a huge man ...
his serge father simply inherited the name ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 31/05/08, 23:58

But of course George ... : Cheesy:

You don't know Dassault very well to say that. They are in the process of taking over the private jet market with the Falcon X, and moreover, CATIA, a Computer Aided Design system, is the world leader, the most successful and elaborate on so-called "business" applications after having supplanted / ate its competitors and not the least ... CATIA By Dassault Systèmes.

They had a two problems with the Rafale which is not technical ... Unfavorable geopolitical stakes on the foreign market and a French state without the penny to buy them on the national market.

It's the same thing that happened with GIAT and the Leclerc tank.

Well, it's a little HS on this subject :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/06/08, 00:04

0 x