Making an economic electric bike

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 16/09/05, 22:51

Hi all:
As for a 12v drill motor, are you sure this is enough ???
it hangs by hand this type of gear.

According to the "drills" this can go very high in torque

Regarding the dimmer: a small simple diagram on 12V or other voltage (protect the NE555)

The command is AJ1 variable resistance
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 17/09/05, 13:04

Hi everybody.

If the drive is done on the rear wheel, you will have to pedal all the time !? It's annoying, especially at 45 km / H lol :D

The "Hatem" bike.

One of our readers (thanks for the info and the pictures) writes:

"I just met at the Paris fair a very nice gentleman who was demonstrating with his wife (lost in the depths of the Video-Sound pavilion) of a unitary unit with permanent magnets. He even installed one on a bike but alas on the rear wheel (the next version will be on the front wheel) which required pedaling without stopping to have the on unit. Of course it would be advisable to check all this more carefully because I could not in a few minutes (just before closing at the end of the day) to have an absolute certainty. This gentleman is called Léon Raoul HATEM and he offers a whole theory of explanation of the universe. His experiments of on unity with magnets are not that verification.

We know the work of Mr. Hatem, if you want to know more, see the many pages of his site,

you will find precisely his explanatory theory of the Universe.

I tried, by 2 times, to contact them but no answer: angry:
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 17/09/05, 13:07

PS: RPS, you do them with what software your diagrams?
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
The Passing

by The Passing » 17/09/05, 13:09

There is eagle which is free for personal use, and which is very good (also runs on Linux):

http://www.cadsoft.de/
0 x
khartoum
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by khartoum » 17/09/05, 13:20

MisterLoXo wrote:If the drive is done on the rear wheel, you will have to pedal all the time !? It's annoying, especially at 45 km / H lol :D

Hello,

There is no problem if you install a second pinion ...
0 x
A CX is Bo ... But it's rusty !!! :(
The Passing

by The Passing » 21/09/05, 11:40

I just "autopsy" my Bosch cordless drill, the drive has the following characteristics:

- 18 volt
- 20 amps

Everything in a small box, with a tri-leg that could well be an IRFxxx indeed;)

"z is vabriké by a German zoziété": http://www.marquardt.de/produkte/baureihe....?bauid=111&sp=E

It's all very interesting!
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 21/09/05, 12:11

My physics lessons being a bit far, could someone give the relation between:

- available torque on an engine in Nm
- weight of a load mounted on wheels in kg (neglecting the friction forces)
- acceleration generated in m / s

?

the information I found on a conventional drill / driver:

Speed: from 0 to 1250 rpm.
Torque: 45 Nm

The torque of a small car oscillates between 80 and 150 Nm So I would see 4 independent driving wheels each "equipped with a drill" and independent, all controlled by a single module for acceleration, etc ... It would a torque of 180 Nm in total with 4 drills.

With 30cm diameter wheels, and at 1250rpm it gives a theoretical speed of 70km / h, which is enough :)

The data on each motor: 20A under 12V.

Or 80A maximum simultaneously on the 4 wheels. By taking a 12v / 80Ah battery, it gives a theoretical autonomy of 70Km (80 A for one hour ==> 70km / hour) at maximum speed.

In practice, we can count on a good 50km :)

In addition, nothing prohibits the use of a small 4-stroke engine that runs on gas and runs a car alternator to provide current / recharge the battery. :)
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 27/09/05, 16:34

Some interesting information aboutmass energy:

Mass energy

It is interesting to have an idea of ​​the order of magnitude of the mass energy of our huge lead batteries.
This energy is traditionally expressed in "W * h * kg". It would be more rigorous to comply with the SI (International System) and to use Joules, but the use is established. Watts are the product of voltage and current P = V * I.

Take a conventional lead battery:
Voltage 12 V, capacity 135 Ah, mass (weight) 48 kgf
The mass energy is V * C / P or: 12 * 135/48 = 35 Wh / kg approximately. This is the accepted value for medium lead batteries.

As a fun comparison, let's compare the mass energy of an R6 NiMh battery:
Voltage 1.4 V, capacity 1.5 Ah, mass 25 grams
Mass energy 1.5 * 1.2 / 0.025 = 72 Wh / kg

Mass energy of large and antique lead batteries = 35 Wh / kg
Mass energy of tiny and modern NiMh batteries = 72 Wh / kg
For information, Fuel cell = 120 Wh / kg
Which is extremely far (factor 430!) From petrol or fuel (approximately) = 15.000 Wh / kg
and (factor 1000!) of hydrogen = 34.000 Wh / kg

These values ​​are quite extraordinary and show that the remarkable latest generation NiMh batteries are barely double the capacity of the old lead batteries (which equal that of the old CdNi)!
New technologies (Lithium and others) have much better performance, but unfortunately the energy efficiency of fossil fuels is so much greater, that electric cars and boats are not for tomorrow.
Source: http://www.voilelec.com/notes/ener_bat.php

In summary:

[*] lead: 35 Wh / kg
[*] NiMh: 72 Wh / kg
[*] Li-ion: 135 Wh / kg
[*] Fuel cell: 120 Wh / kg
[*] Petrol: 15.000 Wh / kg
[*] Hydrogen: 34.000 Wh / kg

And this little comparative table on the disadvantages of each techno. stack:

(Retrieved from http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accumulateur_...es_technologies )
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 27/09/05, 22:10

Hello Benoit
We must not just consider the weight on a vehicle there are other factors
The harmful weight, acceleration in the braking dimensions, but on a flat road it does not change much,
For example if there is a place where the weight is bad it is a plane
When I fly, little fuel and only on board, the plane takes off faster
climbs faster, but for level flight it is full of fuel and 1 passenger, as long as it is loaded in the weights and balance, without exceeding its weight limit, its cruising speed is identical, only very lightly loaded, consumption increases slightly at full load. I suppose it must be similar for a car that runs flat.
Andre
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 10/10/05, 11:59

I’m thinking of something silly:

* A pedal bike does not need permission to ride on the public highway.
* In summer, in seaside towns, there are bikes with four wheels, with 4 or 5 places, with canvas roof (Rosalie, I believe); a real public danger, moreover… They must also drive without authorization, apart from the obligation to signal electrically and reflectors for the night. ; maybe you need a municipal permit? The fact remains that this must be easily made with recovered bicycle frames.
* A pedal bike can be helped by an electric motor, without too much authorization either?

*** So a pedal vehicle, four wheels, with electric motorization, should be able to roll, without too many authorizations, either?
With the stability, one can put accumulators there, without problem for safety. Nothing prohibits driving alone, on a vehicle provided for several places. B)
Well! On bicycle paths, it will not be easy ...

*You see Andre, it is typically the French spirit to want to circumvent the laws, without bad intentions either either; it is the national sport to play smart and to end up with authority. There is plenty to do with the arsenal of laws and regulations ...

Gegyx
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.