The pros and cons of electric cars

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/04/12, 15:20

To live happily live hidden ... Otherwise it will do as for frying..The more we are crazy less there is oil ... : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/04/12, 15:21

the PSA VEs were quite discreet and often go unnoticed as the thermals.

A solution for Macro: prepare a book of explanations on the EV by not omitting to conclude by saying that you are a bear. :D
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/04/12, 15:29

I roll on the electric on the back (it's true that it goes unnoticed nobody stays behind) : Cheesy: ) and on the sides ...

I would do better than that I would answer them..Roll not with that ... It's that annoying ... It cut short, and in addition you pass for a brave guy who was fucked and gives good advice... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

This is what I say now to those who ask me questions, attracted by the smell of my barbeucue smell. Do not talk about it, I put it once and the smell does not never left me : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
RV45
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV45 » 14/07/12, 20:47

Hello,

I followed your discussion on VE. I wish to inform you of the project we wish to carry out on our site at work. We should have for a fortnight from August 2012 an electric car on our car park. (it's a proto of a very big car manufacturer who is already at his second big experience before the launch of a VE totally designed for that) there is in the project 10 vehicles of this type in France on the 1400 manufacture by the builder, a big party in California for regulatory issues.

The purpose of the experiment is to get familiar with this type of vehicle.
It will be intended for our non-traveling staff for business trips up to a hundred km, max 150.
When the vehicle will be available in the evening we will be able to make it available to our staff for work-related trips by giving priority to carpooling. The vehicle load that can be offered to staff such as the provision of the vehicle.

We are about fifty people on the site. And I think today virtually nobody imagines buying an electric vehicle in two or three years.

My goal is to make them think about the merits of this type of vehicle as a second car for at least 90% of our trips. And to have a more global reflection on our displacements so much we are stuffed with oil.

In our expansion work we already had an electric charging station in 230v. Because the extension of the car park is well over 200 m of our tgbt. The cost in three-phase was quite high and for a present of 8h per day is enough.

We are not at all in the automotive world. We will say that my company has a great sensitivity eco responsible. It is a nice project after having lowered by 25% since 2008 our average rate of our car park for example.

In the project, EDF and Scheider Electric take over the installation and supply of terminal 380v which will be installed on the current car park much closer to the tgbt. In the end we will already have two charging stations on the site to start.

We can first study the free charging for electric vehicles to encourage our staff to take the step.

If you have feedback from experience in business I am interested.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/07/12, 08:29

The largest user of VE in France having been EDF ... They should be able to give you a significant experience feedback ...
They have almost abandoned all electric traction for lack of reliable and efficient vehicle ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/07/12, 09:11

Macro wrote:The largest user of VE in France having been EDF ... They should be able to give you a significant experience feedback ...
They have almost abandoned all electric traction for lack of reliable and efficient vehicle ...
EDF may not have been the best user ...
The Bordeaux Urban Community, which still uses first-generation vehicles, or Liselec in La Rochelle (now Yelomobile) are more significant experiences.
For an experiment to be valid, users must be aware and adhere to it. For many, driving in VE was a lapse, they were underused or slaughtered when they were imposed ... Most VE EDF have not traveled more than 25.000km but had flinguished a set of batteries and sometimes a motor (case from the car of my wife who came from EDF and had 25000km in 8 years and has just spent 80.000km since we have it is 4 years).
We have just crossed, my wife and I, the cape of electric 100.000km. : Mrgreen:
But I am only a blue, some of my friends have more than 300.000km electric in their arms. :?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/07/12, 09:48

citro wrote:
Macro wrote:The largest user of VE in France having been EDF ... They should be able to give you a significant experience feedback ...
EDF may not have been the best user ...
The Bordeaux Urban Community, which still uses first-generation vehicles, or Liselec in La Rochelle (now Yelomobile) are more significant experiences.
For an experiment to be valid, users must be aware and adhere to it. For many, driving in VE was a lapse, they were underused or slaughtered when they were imposed ... Most VE EDF have not traveled more than 25.000km but had flinguished a set of batteries and sometimes a motor (case from the car of my wife who came from EDF and had 25000km in 8 years and has just spent 80.000km since we have it is 4 years).
We have just crossed, my wife and I, the cape of electric 100.000km. : Mrgreen:
But I am only a blue, some of my friends have more than 300.000km electric in their arms. :?

The urban community of bordeaux has put on sale at auction last month two sax electro (memory 40 and 440000km in 10 years ... very significant)
for an experiment to be valid it must be done on as much populas as possible with a conventional use without more precautions than with a standard vehicle ... And this is where the electric car confessed quickly his limits...
To ride with the electric one must COMPLETELY review its way of rolling by accepting all the constraints that had disappeared from the modern cars. It is necessary to start all over again ... To take back to zero it is easy for those who led diners years 60 or 70 ... For others ...

The RV 45 box will launch into a big puzzle ... The personal use of a professional vehicle being a real "pot of stinks" for employers they should have very nice feedback

the experiences of passionate electropropulsion, always dream ...
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 16/07/12, 10:17

Hi Macro,

Basically, I agree with you that, in the current state of affairs, old-generation VEs were demanding too much on users who took it more as a punishment. Just see how people drive to understand. Massacre has the tronconeuse (and it is also valid for turbocharged engines, the turbos are expensive ...).

MAISit is a problem of society rather than technology: assistantship.

Now, we buy a vehicle like a box of colored pencil, and we use it in the same way (at the limit the pencils asked for more involvement from the users, it was necessary to cut them regularly ...) .

Some buy cars with a max power available higher than a small power plant ... But for all that, they do not know a single technical detail of their machine, let alone the lever to open the bonnet.

To talk to people about watering, maintenance, etc., is a bit like giving a conference to the local couple on the system that equipped Apollo 13.

In short: they do not care, and anyway they do not want it, out of the question to open the manual, and especially not have the ounce of a spark of intelligence.

I still agree with the line of thinking that puts the responsibility on the users rather than the builders. They are lazy, they do not want to be interested, ok, we will not make things that do not sell in the capitalists.

A fairly telling example, on private flight training, many people are put off by the management of these old piston engines (Lycosaurus and other Continental). You must use the manual richness lever to adjust the air / fuel mixture. For a lot of pilots, it is horrible, because they do not want to delve into the theory. So they run "Full rich" all the time, quite polluting and consuming a lot.
Yet, well managed, these engines work very well, and can be quite economical. Just look to understand a minimum.

It's just an image of the general thinking mode. But it is found in all areas (you said buttock goat? : Mrgreen:).
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/07/12, 11:24

A professional vehicle is a utility vehicle, for many employees the vehicle is not a "professional" tool so it must be easy to use and in any case sacrificed on the altar of work itself ... A delivery man, a taxi should have a different approach (and still I'm in. On ...).
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/07/12, 12:49

Macro wrote:

To ride with the electric one must COMPLETELY review its way of rolling by accepting all the constraints that had disappeared from the modern cars. It is necessary to start all over again ... To take back to zero it is easy for those who led diners years 60 or 70 ... For others ...

When the liter of diesel or SP95 will display 2,50 / liter, I think people will start to make the effort to ride electric.
With new electric vehicles the real problem is more financial than technical.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.