The pros and cons of electric cars

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/03/12, 18:58

citro wrote:
Macro wrote:Remundo should come and inform us of the inappropriate use he made of his historic berlingo so that he began to yoyoter regenerative braking ...
Cathi got cold ...
Its use is more intensive than inadequate. It covers significant elevations which subjects the circuits to significant loads over longer times.
Let us await the verdict of the dismantling. :?
He did not, I believe, give any information on the state of his brooms ... :?:

The verdict: according to my intuition, it was the calculator that was HS and the power part + the batteries are in perfect working order. The brushes also since the traction always pulled smoothly, even in the red.

I came back one day at -15 ° C, dry road. I drove a long time in the cold ... The breakdown occurred.

Replacement of calculo by another. Here we go again.

I have not yet identified the faulty component in the calculo. Some electronics technicians have offered me their services, it's under consideration ...

I know Diesel that no longer drove at all, or even that farted their diesel pump: some took more than my Berlingo ...

My Berlingo always started "with the quarter turn", er, electron), and could roll (very slowly) even with the calculo HS for piloting in regenerative braking.

Not all species can say the same with their 12V raplapla battery. I have a 16 kWh pack of Nicad ...

On this occasion, I took photos / videos of the bowels of the SAGEM Y4000 block, available in the CATHI FAQ of 05/03/2012

@+
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/03/12, 22:30

In the "for" series: http://petrole.blog.lemonde.fr/2012/03/ ... continuer/

I browsed the Renault site, with the info on the Zoe: http: //www.renault-ze.com/fr-fr/gamme-ze/zoe/renault-zoe-life-12.html

What if Renault's economic model [= purchase of the car (for a price say "bearable") + leasing of the battery for around 2 x the price of a box or a full tank] was the right one ???

However, what I do not understand is that the site indicates a drop of 20% in the price of maintenance (therefore excluding battery). I want to say: why only 20% ???? What is there for maintenance on an EV?

In short: what if the breakthrough came from Renault ?????

[all this without advertising, just as reflections that I am doing myself these days and that I share there]
0 x
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 10/03/12, 22:34

Macro wrote:
Arnaud M wrote:When we are no longer able to synchronize our movements at this point ... we start to reserve a place at the hospice ... With the dinosaurs ... When we lose reflexes acquired for years we have a problem, and vehicle with electric automatic transmission or not ... there is nothing more to do behind a steering wheel ......

Well yes, I have been shifting gears since the age of 15 so for me it was an innate reflex, more than 25 years handling gearboxes and not all synchro so double declutching, even on trucks in the army besides, old 6 wheel drive) I already had an automatic for a year and no problem to return to the speeds (but the cars keep the principle of the speeds that we feel passing),

but now I can't do it anymore!

And what do I moan against this clutch pedal, surely that once we understand that this pedal is weak we must have a psychological blockage?

I think we learn to drive differently too, only driving and acceleration are useful, no notion of operating range as on thermal which is very limited (we are at 6 or 7 speeds on some current thermals. ..).
In short, electric is even simpler than a car gearbox, and you get used to it very quickly.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/03/12, 22:35

Macro wrote:
Arnaud M wrote:+1, the rare times when I have to drive in thermal I can no longer shift gears correctly, ... in short, the term prehistory is only too well chosen!
What I think about this ... I'm sorry it may be shocking but ...
When we are no longer able to synchronize our movements at this point ... we start to reserve a place at the hospice ... With the dinosaurs ... When we lose reflexes acquired for years we have a problem, and vehicle with electric automatic transmission or not ... there is nothing more to do behind a steering wheel ......
I think Arnaud has made it bigger, I don't have that kind of problem and am still able to drive any vehicle.

The fact remains that driving an electric vehicle represents for me the ultimate in daily comfort, it is even much better than driving a thermal in an automatic gearbox (I did however have very pleasant).
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/03/12, 22:59

Arnaud M wrote:and not all synchro so double declutching, even on trucks in the army for that matter, old 6 wheel drive

I have a GMC in this genre with speeds in a strange order in the 4 corners of the box
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/03/12, 08:12

When we go back to "smoking", we generally appreciate the power and autonomy,

on the other hand, we don't really like the gear lever and the clutch pedal, especially in town.

And the passage at the pump, well there it is horrible : Cry:

It is true that we end up "deconditioning" in one direction as in the other. I want to believe Arnaud when he says he is painfully readjusting to his thermal.

For example, the first times I went on EV, my left foot did not sink anything at all ... he was looking for an unconscious reflex!

After a few thousand km in EV, it's better. And when resuming the thermals, we must again look for the clutch ... : Lol:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 11/03/12, 14:59

You touch with your finger what you also feel at the wheel of a Prius: Absence of vibrations / clutch, etc ...
Admittedly, the transition to the pump remains, but it hurts less than on a standard car.

I would add another thing concerning the comfort of use:
When you want to stop with a classic car, what should you do?
- Disengage
- Put in neutral
- Apply the handbrake
- Cut contact

Why say 4 times that you want to stop?

It takes so little intelligence to do it all in one action: just push the button that says "stop".

This is just a detail, but it pretty well represents the complexity of a classic car compared to cars that were a little smarter.
(And again, I guess I'm going to be told that it's not much to do 4 actions instead of 1. But that's when you haven't tasted it! 8) )

All that to say that I am sure I would love to ride electric!
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/03/12, 00:36

indy49 wrote:You touch with your finger what you also feel at the wheel of a Prius: Absence of vibrations / clutch, etc ...
Admittedly, the transition to the pump remains, but it hurts less than on a standard car ...

All that to say that I am sure I would love to ride electric!
You have just formulated what I consider to be the highest quality of the Prius.
It allows its users to discover the pleasure of an electric car without jumping into the unknown of electric motorization.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/04/12, 09:53

Well I finally tried one yesterday (a saxophone of 97 reconditioned batterries and calculo from 2004) .. Effectively flexibility and silence are waiting for you ... However the perfs are just that of a good cyclo released .. .Although I have argued well with Mamita: the answer was immediate: NO
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 20/04/12, 10:14

Cool that you could have tried! Indeed the comfort is excellent, I must say that I was surprised by the space available at the front of the 106, the absence of all the nuisances linked to the heat engine (the sound system maybe great for example :D). Difficult to return to a steamer, you get used to it too quickly (even with a torque converter box, as in my case with my steamer).

The handling is average I would say because of the weight, but it is not studied to make the Schumacher anyway.

For me nervousness is not a problem, it is I think more than enough for what we do. I admit that in the long coasts, or on fast track, it is a little fair, but that invites to calm down and be much more relaxed (considering the duration of the journeys max that does not change anything anyway).

It makes you smile to see all these ultra aggressive drivers, which we systematically find (90% of the time) at the next red light, which we redouble because no need to reaccelerate given that we have anticipated : Mrgreen:. It puts them in an even worse state : Mrgreen:.

Well, you have to use great means with Mamita, romantic dinner, evening intoxication, sabotage of smoking ... : Mrgreen:
0 x