VAE experience, practical electric bicycle with trailer

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/02/15, 21:10

After trolled against the Tesla Model S and its excessive power (and Thee bought a high-powered Golf GTE), you begin to take action against the VAE ...

Come a little common sense and intellectual honesty. :frown:
1- Dame Andean resides in the city and does not want to take all the disadvantages of an automobile: cost of purchase, use, parking difficulties, longer journey times in VAE,

2- What a big difference it is to offer someone who wants to be efficient and economical in their travels to buy a used car (by omitting the fuel budget) and by offering them as an alternative a gym subscription which does not answer the question "how to transport loads by bicycle".
:?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/02/15, 10:17

I do not troll

what you propose is great except the price and in city traffic ... this stuff is too expensive, and dangerous city, that's all.

if Lady Andean has the budget provided by the excellent technical adviser, but not financial Citro, it should buy an electric scooter.

With accessories, luggage rack, it can take heavier things, and better security than those articulated snails with Moms pedaling the limits of what can give their frail legs and infants above, all enclosed in the middle of tanks ...

http://www.avem.fr/scooter_electrique.html

@+
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/02/15, 10:36

I am also somewhat agree. the bike trailer, either electrified or not, is not adapted to the city, especially that with the tiller under the seat. otherwise it goes to trek the long term.
for the city, if we really heavy stuff to carry, there is the cargo bike but it's so specific and expensive that seems reserved for pros.
anyway, the bike (electric or not) is not really suitable for heavy loads. to some degree large enough bass mounted bags go well to go do some shopping but without filling the cart.
0 x
Click my signature
Dame Andean
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dame Andean » 09/02/15, 13:02

Thank you very much for your reactions (different!) :-)

To locate more precisely: I am in a semi-urban setting, a few kilometers, I can be in a city center (6km), or in the countryside (10km) -I specifies the way that I am in Belgium, which can be important to the place of purchase.

It's very good to know that mottrix is ​​not adequate in the rain! I drop this idea ...

I had considered the cargo bike, but several things have dissuaded me:
- the price
- Congestion systematic
- The fact that I have no garage: my bike in my throne room (which solves the issue of the cold store and charge batteries : Cheesy: )

because in fact I do not have to carry things every time I go out, my bags are often sufficient ... by cons, I wish I could do 10-15 km (or more) way, without being tired by the route. 30km for fun, it's nice, 30km to move and with strenuous activities between the outward and return time to time blah ... I would consider longer distances (60-70km - so with a battery replacement).
And 2 4 to once a month, I would like to carry too heavy and / or too cumbersome for my bags.
So with this in mind, I would see rather a detachable trailer.

Budget Background: I do realize that buying a used car is more or less equivalent in terms of starting fresh. By cons, in monthly and annual expenses (fuel, insurance, tax, interviews ...) will make a significant difference ... I have some savings to enable the purchase of departure but not for a possible follow . Ideologically, I admit that I would do without a car - without any judgment for those who have one, it is often helpful or even necessary. But if I can live without it, I prefer :-).

So, I said my questions:
- Electrical kit (cycloboost?) Or electric bike?
- Is it conceivable to have enough power for me and a trailer?
- Naïve question (that's 1 week I know that electric scooters exist): do we can attach a trailer to a scooter? (I have a little hard to imagine, but you never know ...)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/02/15, 15:58

I answered you in the reverse order;

Electric scooters (moped equivalent) remain, in France, a confidential market because of a highway code, amended in 1998, which prohibits them from accessing cycle paths that they had to use before that date (in fact the use of cycle paths and currently decided by municipal decree, which becomes Kafkaesque ...). In practice, users of electric scooters who use cycle paths are "attacked" by cyclists (lived experience) ... We can certainly put a trailer behind a scooter but this will considerably reduce its autonomy, which is not always foolish, and afterwards, you have to push a 110kg machine without counting the trailer ...

A non-motorized trailer hitched to an electric bike seems to me the best solution for the use you describe.
However, choosing a more powerful engine (engine and battery) appears to me necessary to take the trailer when you will use it ...
The investment will therefore be consistent.

I tend to advise you to find a bike shop (specialized electric bicycle preferred) capable of mounting kit nearest you to make installation and service.
Most of the kit suppliers (cycloboost is not the only one on the market with good products) now offer "plug & play" systems with coded connectors and color markers, but assembly still requires mechanical skills and great care to be reliable over time.
0 x
Dame Andean
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dame Andean » 09/02/15, 16:07

Thank you for the advice ... yes I also thought that the concern of the scooter is when the battery is flat. A bicycle pedals ... But you push the scooter ...: -S
I'll try to see what happens in the shops ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/02/15, 19:20

Good thing: me too as I experience Citro torque electric ATV trailer for transporting heavy loads and I can tell you one thing, it really makes for VERY great service! For me, it clearly replace the automobile for short trips ...

I went up to take a maximum of about 150 kg load (+ trailer load of manure) on a route fairly short course, with a maximum slope of 6%:

I quite agree with the details on Citro (trailer and powerful engine) and more, contrary to other opinions expressed here, my experience shows me that a drawbar trailer under the saddle is quite well suited for city very handy and have little influence (everything is relative ...) on the reactions of the bike.
1 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Dame Andean
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dame Andean » 10/02/15, 20:59

Woodcutter Ah, thank you to transmit your experience. It reassures me :-).
You know tell me what is the power of your bike?
And your trailer, it is home? She looks great :-).
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/02/15, 22:03

Sorry WoodcutterBut I am far from your experience in this area. :?
I just started in the VAE with a very rustic antiques that I put on (motor brushed in 36V).

I see that you are equipped with a superb frame with suspension and hydraulic brakes on which you have a 8FUN crank engine kit part references of the moment because of the very high torque it delivers.
8)
I suppose it is powered by a battery 48V that you carry in a backpack.

But I invite you to present it to us, particularly in terms of motor control and instrumentation. : Mrgreen:

Trailer bike does not really disrupt the behavior Cycloboost and was even allowed to make videos in any field of their powerful propulsive single wheel trailer to show the pilot facility.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 10/02/15, 22:23

Hello ,

an example Bafang pedal kit is far from an exorbitant price, it's the couple that's at lumberjack on his bike ....

Batteries, lipo big question, li ion, po life safer ...
Doctor Bass turns with LiFePO ... he's the man tojours record my speed if I'm not mistaken ... so he built quality assembly .... if it turns into LiFePO there is a reason; ) ....

For what is the battery for DIY there is the pack version of radio controlled models;), cheaper and very effective ...

If not for all comers but for all comers there ds dealer as PING (ping special battery vae) and many others ...
I would say around 10 Ah, should be enough for the Belgian dish and walks or running on a terminal 30 ene ... after 12 24 V voltage side or, it seems to me that Belgium is like in France, 250 W max for I do not know how many seconds, so after death 24 is to stay within the rules ...

The advantage of the pedal motor is that retains the benefit of speed unlike motor hubs ...

There is also a Belgian invention which works very well ... The drive roller and yes like a moped ... is ultra simple and robust ... but not enough to carry loads imho ...

If not to have other more technical details I also advise reading from forum such as velorizontal and cyclurba ... cyclurba being really geared to electronics and electrical ... a lot of testing and consulting.

mostly users have turned to the pedal engine ... it works most often has its nominal speed because of the available speed which made it consumes less, and we make no bounds with the same amount of amps .. .

and choosing well his game and gear tray can be drawn so hard ... and heavy ... and then it's a VAE (assisted bicycle) not VTE (electric bike) which actually resembles a moped ... for a while I remember it was doing us sweat by what we took off the pedal after /// by what he could no longer ride on bike paths ... will understand ...:)

Anyway my opinion is worth what it is worth but I also think that a good bike with a good kit that's just nickel ... After a battery and a controller that turns a motor that is Boosts fine;). .. ... everything is adaptable for DIYers of li ion battery it starts ay have everywhere, often on a single battery stack the 1ere is dead) ... kind screwdrivers ...

In any case the view that diesel prices going up up up, so prepare immediately and currently as an alternative that is what he is most honest, if this is the problem of battery ... (cleaner with LiFePO and less dangerous) ...

Good evening day more
0 x