Electric cars: the future price (S Tesla, GM Bolt)

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Re: Electric cars: price for the future (Tesla S, GM Bolt)

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 15:21

Did67 wrote:In both cases, they are idiots !!!

Quite right and therefore they would be less so coming here! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 15:32

Did67 wrote:The 100 fast terminals I was talking about is the equipment objective for the whole of France. They will not all be at everyone's rest area!

I went down to the Hautes-Alpes this summer ... well I was quite surprised at the large number of terminals on the motorway ... there are:

The "universals":
- the vast majority was not used (I must have seen 1 car in charge of the dozen that I passed ????)
- I would say that 20% were already down ... (yes if ... obviously the operators pocket the subsidies and stop at the maintenance ...)

The Tesla:
- often next to universal ones (= duplication ???)
- 0% failure a priori (or not seen)
- much more used (... yet limited to Tesla therefore premium vehicle ...)

2 photos to illustrate (taken the same day):

20200717_132709.jpg
20200717_132709.jpg (228.25 KB) Viewed times 2498

20200717_164823.jpg
20200717_164823.jpg (316.97 KB) Viewed times 2498
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 15:43

And the same day we had crossed that also on the highway ... motivated for the restoration the guy !!!

20200717_141442.jpg
20200717_141442.jpg (304.3 KB) Viewed times 2494
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/10/20, 16:59

Certainly (for the terminals): as long as there is not a lot of EV, it impresses. But compared to the number of vehicles that go to the pump, we can see that even Tesla (or other) terminals would quickly be insufficient with even only 10% of the fleet that would have changed! Each terminal being occupied, say for 20 minutes !!!

Once again, I place myself on the assumption that the answers to the survey (autonomy / recharging time) are understandable: "like that I quickly recharge the snack time when we go on vacation".

Because as you said, 95 times out of 100, an autonomy of Dacia Spring is enough for the majority of the people… There remain the long weekends and the holidays with "trips". And there, we will all be at the same terminals on the same day and at about the same time! And then 200 km or 400 km, it will usually be insufficient.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 18:30

Of course but let's be crazy, I return the question to you: do EVs (in their current specs) have anything to do on the highway?

Wouldn't it be wiser (given your remark and the enormous structural costs to come ...), as Renault proposed a long time ago, to lend combustion vehicles free of charge to EV buyers a few days a year ( say fifteen?) for their long journeys and to limit the use of the EV to peri-urban journeys?

Peri-urban journeys which in any case represent more than 75% of the km traveled in the life of a private car in France ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/10/20, 18:45

The massive loan of thermal vehicles during the summer peaks of departure on vacation seems difficult to envisage ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 18:49

Is that so? And why ? Isn't enough in stock right now? Ask VW ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Another ALL or NOTHING reasoning as if EVs already had 100% market share ... surprising from you my dear Ahmed ...

In the event of strong market penetration by EVs, one can imagine other systems: changing EV vehicles or using removable batteries (had you known the Betterplace project? transports-electriques / ve-2-0-projects-betterplace-get-ready-ecotality-et-fortum-t6769.html at the time? It dates ...) ... rather than the "classic" load even fast ...

Afterwards, the best is still to revise downwards its mobility claims, right?

Finally, the Betterplace project has mostly sold wind ... and probably greatly enriched its carriers ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/10/20, 19:04

Ahmed wrote:The massive loan of thermal vehicles during the summer peaks of departure on vacation seems difficult to envisage ...

Totally agree, it was perhaps a selling point in a stammering market and with EVs with a range of less than 200km, today I can not imagine a manufacturer going into this.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 19:11

sicetaitsimple wrote:... in a stammering market and with EVs with a range of less than 200km, today I can't imagine a manufacturer getting into this.

Many EVs currently on the market do not have 200 km of autonomy ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

This will be the case for the Dacia Spring mentioned above in particular (with only 27 kWh of battery ... at 0.15-0.2 KWh / km in road mode the calculation is quickly done ...)

So obviously you don't know the market so you don't know what you're talking about ...

Do you want a list with some examples where it will be? : Shock:
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 26/10/20, 19:21

Christophe wrote:Sure, but let's be crazy, I'll return the question to you: do EVs (in their current specs) have something to do on the highway?

Wouldn't it be wiser (given your remark and the enormous structural costs to come ...), as Renault proposed a long time ago, to lend combustion vehicles free of charge to EV buyers a few days a year ( say fifteen?) for their long journeys and to limit the use of the EV to peri-urban journeys?

Peri-urban journeys which in any case represent more than 75% of the km traveled in the life of a private car in France ...

This is a question I ask myself: I have an EV that is 100 km max (it is over 6 years old). So no question of doing 600 km to go to the mountains where I do a lot of km on the spot to access the hiking departures.
In lack of solutions, I keep my old thermal, but the day it fails it is either to buy an EV with a big battery (but €€€€), or to rent a car. No more buying a thermal: when you drive electric, you only come back to thermal when really forced.

In fact, it would be ideal if I put my car on the train. Unfortunately it hardly exists any more and it costs a fortune.
The best would be a train that travels at 90 km / h and makes the trip in 7 hours. it leaves time to have a drink (without alcohol) before taking the car back.

Or a concept of a car on a trailer pulled in convoy by a tractor truck. It's the train on the road in fact. Tesla had released a concept for Boring

One could imagine the same approach not in tunnel but on road in convoy
that would avoid:
- the stupidity of big batteries which are only used twice a year
- the thousands of ultra-fast terminals to charge all this
- the RTE part and the electricity production that goes with it

The tractors could be diesel initially and then go to a motorway catenary system.
1 x