Electric buses

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric buses

by Macro » 23/08/21, 23:22

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:I found a video of a gas bus that "explodes" ... A gasoline vehicle (Diesel, I don't know) would have done a lot more damage, even if it's impressive:

Exploding vehicles ... It's in the movies ... the tank of a gasoline car can only possibly explode if it is empty ... Now they are all plastic so they melt under the effect of the heat and the gasoline ignite it can possibly make a fireball effect ... but nothing similar with your bus which still has a nice flatulance ...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/21, 02:02

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/22, 17:58

Oops ...

This line 71 bus caught fire in the 100th arrondissement of Paris in the morning, mobilizing around thirty workers, according to the firefighters contacted by Le Parisien. It is a 5% electric bus, from the Bolloré brand Bluebus 149SE series, like the bus that burned down at the beginning of April. This afternoon, the RATP decided to temporarily withdraw from circulation the XNUMX Bolloré electric bluebuses that circulate on its network.

https://www.leparisien.fr/video/video-b ... ULAUVM.php

It would be good for Bolloré to carry out a complete check of the assemblies of its batteries...because a battery does not catch fire like that when stopped except in the event of short circuits of the assemblies...(water infiltration, humidity ?) or serious breaches of the instructions for cooling the elements...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/04/22, 18:30

To my knowledge, the "Bolloré" are hot batteries.

If they are not used, or are not connected for 48 hours, it seems to me, they are put in wintering.
And it takes about 48 hours for them to be operational.

For a bus, it's not too awkward, it runs every day, and quite a few hours a day.

On the other hand, for a particular vehicle, it's not great to consume constantly on the batteries, to keep them "warm"!
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/22, 19:01

What ? Does he still use those big crap batteries to maintain the energy-consuming and anti-ecological temperature of the BlueCars? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/04/22, 21:38

Yes, and it's not new, it looks like you're discovering....

The E-Méhari, for example, is the same ....

On a bus that runs a lot, it's not a problem.
Just like a 38T for riding in town, where a Ferrari is not suitable.

A LP to make a move is good.

A Ferrari for driving on German autobahns is fine.

A 2Cv to drive in town is good!
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/22, 00:22

Yes I discover that these batteries are still used... there are plenty of high-performance and durable batteries that do not have this constraint...

How much is charged for a new electric bus vs a gas one?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 30/04/22, 05:41

Taken from ; clean car.

While manufacturers mostly equip their electric vehicles with lithium-ion technology, Bolloré is staying the course with its LMP batteries. The Breton group hopes to manage to evolve its accumulators towards more energy capacity and operation at room temperature.

In order to justify its perseverance in developing its lithium-metal polymer batteries with solid electrolyte, Bolloré balances several important advantages: the absence of critical materials (cobalt, cadmium and nickel), their resistance to extreme temperatures, their better energy density , their recyclability and their simplicity of manufacture.

However, for their proper functioning, the LMP cells, which the Bluecar and its Bluesummer and Citroën e-Méhari derivatives carry, must be maintained at a temperature of around 60°C. If this is not really a problem for fleets of vehicles operated daily, private motorists find it difficult to adapt to having to connect the car to the mains when it is not in regular use.
0 x

elman46
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by elman46 » 30/04/22, 10:25

For those like me who are wondering, where are the batteries put on an electric bus? page 20 of this pdf
Me, who thought they were under the floor, sheltered from the heat and the cold.

https://www.je-roule-en-electrique.fr/s ... ance_0.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/04/22, 12:13

That's because it's adaptive tinkering done in a hurry to maximize profits...
0 x