Electric bike: an acceptable compromise?

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Did67

Electric bike: an acceptable compromise?

by Did67 » 16/10/18, 12:07

THIS IS NOT A Joke, THIS BAD FALL ....

I'm going to be less talkative these next few times: I broke my mouth on an electric bike yesterday and I did it right - double fracture on the right shoulder ...

Already with two hands it's tedious for me to chat, but with only one finger of my left hand, I get overtaken by the slugs.

So don't worry more than that!

Edit moderation: messages moved from agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846.html (some answers may therefore seem a little HS to the unaccustomed reader)
3 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Electric bike: an acceptable compromise?

by denis17 » 16/10/18, 12:16

Good recovery.
Denis
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/18, 12:24

+1 (but we know that Didier knew others more serious ...)

But a double fracture anyway, were you going downhill or did you boost your VAE? : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/18, 13:18

None of that: banged against the sidewalk on a slightly uphill bridge at around 20 or 25 km / h; fell to the right: no scratches on the right hand - guess I "hung" on the railing by reflex; twist up, with my weight, even though it's only 75kg, it cracked; the "box" that holds the humerus in the scapula has given way.

On an electric bike, beware like the plague on the engine in the front hub. It's very unbalanced, the front wheel drive on a bike!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/18, 13:58

Ah ok it's a rupture by "traction" not by "compression" (sorry engineer inside :D), I understand better how it happened ... get well!

Yes I confirm; I never liked the concept of pedelecs with front wheel drive ... nothing that the distribution of masses on a bike should prohibit this (I think it's 65/35)

After there is much worse: the Solex ... I had the chance to drive a few models, it is very dumb on the handlebars!

Okay, I'm going astray! : Cheesy:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/10/18, 15:20

Did67 wrote:THIS IS NOT A Joke, THIS BAD FALL ....

I'm going to be less talkative these next few times: I broke my mouth on an electric bike yesterday and I did it right - double fracture on the right shoulder ...

Already with two hands it's tedious for me to chat, but with only one finger of my left hand, I get overtaken by the slugs.

So don't worry more than that!

Ah well, thin ...

You miss more than paying yourself (or getting paid by your publisher), the time of your convalescence a Maltron left hand

I know well because I have the 2D model (3 hands)

But sometimes from evil comes good.
Ask yourself if this break is not arriving at the right time in view of the overheating of conferences and travel?
What if it doesn't get better in early winter than in early spring?
If this is not going to give you time to think about (like your infarction which is the generator of what you are experiencing at the moment) complete your second book?
Anyway, only positive ... right? Image

Good recovery Image
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/18, 15:54

Christophe wrote:
After there is much worse: the Solex ... I had the chance to drive a few models, it is very dumb on the handlebars!

Worse in weight. But the electric motor is much more violent in terms of acceleration - there I was on the assistance level two (out of 3).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/18, 15:59

nico239 wrote:
I know well because I have the 2D model (3 hands)

But sometimes from evil comes good.
Ask yourself if this break is not arriving at the right time in view of the overheating of conferences and travel?
What if it doesn't get better in early winter than in early spring?
If this is not going to give you time to think about (like your infarction which is the generator of what you are experiencing at the moment) complete your second book?
Anyway, only positive ... right? Image

Good recovery Image

Positive maybe not. We can imagine worse because I did not tell you that the weather was good, gun blast, light ideas, I left without a helmet, without a cell phone ... Besides, I should not have been there; at the last moment I had the idea of ​​going to see if the garden center didn't have a dwarf honeysuckle to replace dead boxwood, just to lengthen the walk ...

We can even imagine that a truck is driving right in my wheel on this narrow bridge!
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 16/10/18, 16:27

ah shit, sorry to hear that Didier, I hope it will recover well, take care of yourself!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/18, 16:58

Did67 wrote:Worse in weight. But the electric motor is much more violent in terms of acceleration - there I was on the assistance level two (out of 3).

No worse in terms of imbalance / imbalance on the handlebars ... especially at low speed ...

For acceleration yes it was pretty windy and that's why we kept the pedals on Solex! : Cheesy:
0 x