Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by Christophe » 15/02/23, 09:20

Check the fuse! : Mrgreen: Maybe it's a circuit breaker : Lol: : Lol:

ps: usually before being down it is not!

reps: no nothing…
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/02/23, 09:48

Accessory battery out of order. More than 12V = nothing works anymore... Well, this battery is 12 years old... I ordered one directly... I didn't even look to see if it was out of fleet ...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/02/23, 09:57

Christophe wrote:

You don't know a thing called "warning signs"

For example on my caddy... You forget the light in the body (it's easy to forget it because it's completely tolé and painted rear windows) for a few hours... And you don't start... You bypass it for 2 seconds on another and vroom it starts .... A poor 5w bulb or leaving the ignition on for 20 minutes to listen to the radio while waiting for your other half in front of a store is enough to leave your battery dead ... While you leave it without the start for two weeks including one with frosts at -6 at night You turn the key and it leaves...
Well, for example, these are precursory signs of an upcoming battery failure (especially with the VW varta AGMs) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/23, 10:33

Macro wrote:
Christophe wrote:

You don't know a thing called "warning signs"

If I know well and in mechanics it is "easy" to diagnose them but they are almost non-existent with regard to electricity (in the broad sense): I schematize but a fuse or a MOSFET do not really prevent that they will slam...

And when it's over, well, it's too late!

Preventive maintenance in electricity is much more difficult than in mechanics unless you have a chiadé monitoring system!

I'm curious to know the reason for your failure...
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/02/23, 11:11

12V battery slammed overnight. Yesterday at 17 p.m. when I parked the car everything was working I turned off the ignition and plugged in the charging socket everything went well.. I came back to my car to get my bowl which had remained inside around 20 p.m. it is well lit without concern, this morning nothing more. On the C zero, the accessory battery is only recharged by the traction batteries when the ignition is on...The classic 12V lead-acid model battery has decided to stop living last night... It must be said that it has been in demand for two weeks rather that it freezes every night at my place...

This morning I had a temporary battery installed at Minimacro and the C zero is back on..
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/23, 11:49

Is it just like breakdown? Pffft I'm disappointed! : Lol: Here is my last clumsy breakdown: heating-insulation/air-conditioning-airton-from-2012-list-of-error-codes-panne-f5-de-dingue-t17430.html

And the traction battery does not give any indication on the dashboard of the HS lead battery? : Shock:

Crazy!

Ah yes it's Citröen...sorry! : Mrgreen:

(yes I know it's also Mitsubishi...all the more surprising...)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/02/23, 14:04

Well the same, down...
This is yet another problem with current VE/VTs, which don't run for a long time...

I left for 6 months holiday teleworking on an abandoned beach confident... (I had returned for a brief "attention" at a seminar...) turned the ignition on and nothing : Cheesy:

In short, I no longer have the possibility of charging a vehicle permanently for the moment, and even if I wanted to, if I had to buy an EV, what would be the point of buying batteries (with 4 wheels.) and which would go disintegrate on a parking space without rendering the slightest transport service...

The VTs for nearly twenty years ditto, for occasional use, they all have an ECU (several on the Avensis) and these computer-a-choz eat battery power... Including the little red diode that flashes in permanence on the TDB — and which I hate : Evil: — because supposed to reassure you about the inviolability of the machine, but which siphons off all the energy without asking your opinion...

In short, how do you not "forget" to recharge when you go on vacation and have several vehicles? Apart from disconnecting the battery (something I omitted), because on my old Toyot. there was a basic ECU (Daihatsu), but it didn't drain like that... There I can't leave it for 15 days without draining the battery...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/02/23, 14:30

:D I remember having left a 2cv from 1960 with a 6v battery in a parking lot near Brest station for 15 days in the summer of 1978, in order to accompany a delivery of an Arpège sailboat from Brest to Cherbourg. We had passed the wreck of the Amoco Cadiz.

Well, on the way back, the deuche kindly started.
Well then I added a second 12v battery, which I recharged, only for starting.
On ! The starter of the Titine, had the fishing at the start. : Cheesy:
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/23, 15:41

Was the 6V alternator able to charge the 12V? : Shock:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/02/23, 17:21

no but the 12v battery operated the starter better I had done the same thing on my buggy with a deudeuche engine
1 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."