Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by Ahmed » 13/02/23, 14:15

It is true that renewable energies seem in phase (!) with a fleet of accumulator machines (whatever they are), but their intermittent character on the one hand (except the classic hydraulic one) and on the other hand the low density of the energies captured quickly leads to equipment that is extremely greedy in terms of mining resources, which is in line with the analysis of Janic, since the machines that use the current cannot be dissociated from those that produce it.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/23, 14:28

OK, Ahmed, there's definitely room for a debate about the material-type "physical" resources, not the physical solar or wind resource.
But first I wanted to take this apart"even multiplying by 1.000, at least, the C(entrals) N(uclear)". It's so ridiculous and shows how much its author confuses his "convictions" or his "a priori" with realistic figures yet calculated with my biggest ladle.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/02/23, 15:51

simpleton
and assuming total substitution (very unlikely at least in the medium term)
Everything is here, assuming that! However, in the long term precisely, it is the wish of the developing countries to imitate the affluent countries and therefore to have the same standard of living, all electric vehicles combined.
All this to prove that your "even multiplying by 1.000, at least, the CNs;" is just massive bullshit.
all this to prove nothing at all because not starting from the same elements of comparison
It's so ridiculous and shows how its author confuses his "convictions" or his "a priori" with realistic figures yet calculated with my biggest ladle.
precisely your ladle is suspicious! : roll:
OK, Ahmed, there's definitely room for a debate about the material-type "physical" resources, not the physical solar or wind resource.
precisely, it is not enough to focus on a single current and specifically French parameter. However, if climate change continues and worsens, hydropower will decrease more and more, wind power will become difficult to establish given anti-wind policies and voltaic panels like batteries are more energy-consuming, as Ahmed points out.
So all-electric is industrial and ecological nonsense, even worse with nuclear. It's so ridiculous and shows how much you confuse your "convictions" or your "a priori"
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/23, 16:18

Janic wrote: precisely your ladle is suspicious!

Well, rather than dabbling in ranting as usual, rather indicate by quoting precisely the extract(s) from my post, where there are figures, where I would have been wrong, indicating in what way.
Otherwise, it's just your usual old gaga sausage-esque blah blah, never mind.
Last edited by sicetaitsimple the 13 / 02 / 23, 16: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 13/02/23, 16:19

All-electric is not for tomorrow, and it's not going to get any better,
The cost of EVs will be increasingly out of balance with VTs, mainly because of battery raw materials.
One of the advantages and this is not guaranteed may be the longevity and the low discount of the vehicle.
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/23, 16:38

perplex wrote:All-electric is not for tomorrow, and it's not going to get any better,

Indeed it's not for tomorrow, that's why there's no need to cry wolf.
Things will happen in the automotive field as they go along, effectively and mainly depending on the cost differential between VT and VE. I don't have a forecast progression curve to offer.
But you can't shout "peak oil" or "peak gas" and sit on your ass either.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/02/23, 16:41

little reminder
https://www.google.com/search?q=voiture ... fGEjhSzNNI

simpleton
Well, rather than sausage and ranting as usual, indicate by quoting precisely the extract or extracts from my post where I would have been wrong, indicating in what way.
Otherwise, it's just your usual old gaga blah blah sausages, no matter.
Well, rather than sausage and ranting as usual, indicate by quoting precisely the extract or extracts from my post where I would have been wrong, indicating in what way.
Otherwise, it's just your usual old gaga sausage-esque blah blah, never mind. and get your ass off your chair to see the reality on the ground!
Indeed it's not for tomorrow, that's why there's no need to cry wolf.
like for thermals and crying wolf when it's too late!
I don't have a forecast progression curve to offer.
that we would have suspected and to please you, it's the same policy as for vaccines: vaccinate first and we'll see later, when it's there too, too late for the victims.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/23, 16:59

Janic wrote:that we would have suspected and to please you, it's the same policy as for vaccines: vaccinate first and we'll see later, when it's there too, too late for the victims.

EV victims? For those I know and those I read on this forumI haven't identified any yet...
But thank you once again for this relevant parallel with vaccines. Do you ever think of anything else?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/02/23, 17:42

The idea that all countries would be willing, in the more or less long term, to equip themselves (assuming that it is physically possible: we are still on very large numbers) of electric vehicles does not seem relevant to me. Countries rich in fossil fuels are perhaps not in such a hurry as a country like France which is almost completely energy dependent.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/02/23, 17:51

A little common sense... it's restful.
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."