Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 18:48

20 cts, let's say 15% max price difference.

On the terminals, it can almost be from 1 to 10, for the same power....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 18:57

phil59 wrote:So easy?

Yes, simple... Pricing per kWh and "expulsion" via an exorbitant rate per minute after, say, one hour of charging.
The time before "expulsion" can vary depending on the occupation of the charging station. No reason to evict if there are free terminals.
I understand (not sure) that some Tesla stations limit in certain peak occupancy cases charging to 80%?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 19:07

Macro wrote:Not so long ago...Total was almost 20 ct per liter cheaper than the others....

Yes, so we are talking about an order of magnitude of +/-10% around an average.
Nothing to do, if I understand Phil59's figures correctly, with what seems to be the case in the field of electric charging.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 19:10

sicetaitsimple wrote:
phil59 wrote:So easy?

Yes, simple... Pricing per kWh and "expulsion" via an exorbitant rate per minute after, say, one hour of charging.
The time before "expulsion" can vary depending on the occupation of the charging station. No reason to evict if there are free terminals.
I understand (not sure) that some Tesla stations limit in certain peak occupancy cases charging to 80%?

This is where the "bottom hurts". One hour can be very good, but look at the example of the ion, to have its 100 km, on all AC terminals, you will have to stay around 5 hours, or even more, depending on the charging method.

Yes, limited to 80% charge is very good, because generally, after fast charging it becomes long.

And when we talk about Tesla, it's DC charging, generally, fast.
And they go further, if you stay without charging, it's €1 per minute, full terminals or not.

With a lot of VE, between 80% and 100%, you put the same time as 10 to 80% ....

Have you seen my example of charging according to your car in AC?

Crazy price, depending on your VE....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 19:32

phil59 wrote: but look at the example of the ion, to have its 100 km, on all AC terminals, will have to stay about 5 hours, or even more, depending on the charging method.

I agree that for the Ion there is a concern... But hey, is the Ion the future of the electric vehicle on the one hand, and is it a vehicle that people have to go for a long journeys?
I think the answer is no to both questions.
There are technological solutions which are naturally eliminated by other evolutions, the Ion type vehicles are in my opinion of these even if they were perhaps relevant a few years ago.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 19:44

It is however a good example of a "city" vehicle, which to charge on a terminal, you pay a fortune, if you do not have a socket at home.

We can talk about the spring too, recent.

To put 15 kWh back into the battery, on a 22 kW terminal, with its less than 7 kW at maximum load, will take around 2h30.

2h30, will give, 1.65€ + '(1.5*60*.037) = 5€ approximately, to put in less than 100 km, in a spring.

Good car, depending of course on what to do, but 5€ there. Far from the zoe at 1.65€.

And of origin, no DC load on the spring.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 19:48

I forgot to say, that it is a reasonable terminal in price.
0 x

Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/11/22, 20:03

Far from the zoe at 1.65€.
for now, but the prices are going up, up!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/11/22, 20:13

Yes, of course, it's not a prediction, it's obvious, like the price of fossil fuels which should explode if there is no shield...

But the difference is that with an EV, with a little panel, you have a little "free" energy....
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/11/22, 20:29

phil59 wrote:We can talk about the spring too, recent.
To put 15 kWh back into the battery, on a 22 kW terminal, with its less than 7 kW at maximum load, will take around 2h30.

No need to try to convince me that today, the EV is reserved for those who can charge at home and/or at work, I am absolutely convinced!
So indeed a vehicle like the Spring seems quite attractive (for example for my use, I drive quite little but regularly), but its out-of-home charging capabilities are really repellent if you are considering a few long journeys.
PS: honestly, from a strictly financial point of view, I have no interest in going electric because I don't drive much. It would be more of a wish, I might indulge myself in this little pleasure for the purchase of my next vehicle, even if mine (Clio3 gasoline from 2011) currently suits my needs perfectly!
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."