Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by phil59 » 25/07/21, 19:10

The same at 130 km / h

valenciennes marseilles 130.JPG
valenciennes marseilles 130.JPG (232.19 KiB) Viewed 1337 times

We do not gain much, what we gain in travel time, we lose it a bit at the charging station ...

According to its EV, and according to "its speed of charge", it is necessary to find the good compromise of speed ....

With a ZE40, we will be more in the 100-110 km / h, I think.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 25/07/21, 19:18

Janic wrote:phil59 »25/07/21, 17:24
Janic wrote:
at the current advantageous rate, but when things go up in flames, there will be some grumpy people! Naïve people believe that industrialists have turned into philanthropists.
The question is the same for oil, when oil is going to flare up! It is exactly the same thing, if it is only for oil, it will undoubtedly happen, well before.
I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other. but currently the price of oil is high only because of taxes, taxes that will have to be recovered elsewhere from the goose that lays the golden eggs that motorists are once again. Then put the same petroleum taxes on electricity and do your accounts.
The other aspect is that of the monopoly which until now was on thermal and which will be transferred to electric if, according to forecasts, thermal will be eliminated. And as they will not make 2 prices for our beautiful doe eyes ... zou the blow of bamboo behind the ears, but there will remain the eyes to cry!
so don't think in terms of today, but in terms of the future!
PS: the bonuses will not last with such a rapid transition because an industrialization does not happen on the snap of a finger ... politics by demagoguery

demagogy
feminine noun
Politics by which one flatters the masses to gain and exploit their adhesion.

Like I said, that's not the topic here, HERE is how to ride an EV.

But the premiums will be stopped, of course, but at the same time, there is more production, therefore more profitability, and the price of the batteries, roughly, is divided by 2 every 4-5 years, for the same autonomy.

To situate, a battery of zoé is of the order of more than 8000 € TTC.

The question also, is what is the maintenance of an EV?

Not many things !!!!

When we returned my wife's ion, almost 60 km away, in 000 years, she had NEVER seen the garage!

Generally, how much do we do on our "fridge"?

This is exaggerated, of course, but for example, brake pads, I do not intend to change them before 200-300 km on the ion ...
We brake, generally, very little on an EV, we regenerate, we recharge the battery by "releasing" the accelerator, or by "touching" the brake pedal.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/07/21, 19:22

sicetaitsimple wrote:Thank you for this recap.
Your last post partially answers the question I was going to ask you, that of the loss of autonomy with age, the number of cycles, or mileage.
In fact, I plan to switch to electric for my next (and maybe last ....) vehicle in 3 or 4 years, but I drive relatively little (my Clio is 11 years old and 90000 km). As I keep (historically) my vehicles generally more than 10 years, I wonder about the autonomy at this time.
Do you know one or more studies that answer this question of the respective influence of age, the number of charge cycles or the distance traveled?
In other words in my case, can a low annual mileage allow me to consider a greatly increased lifespan even if I use it (and recharge) a few tens of km on average per day.
An interesting article which joins the experience of Phil59 https://www.clubic.com/transport-electr ... eries.html
Between 1000 and 1500 cycles, depending on whether the charge is full or partial.
phil59 wrote:Currently with the ion of 2012, I lost less than 20% of autonomy, really. (around 17%). THE car has within 115 km. They are used every working day.
These are quite old cells, now we are doing better.
If I understood correctly, it is in the 1150 charge cycles for 100 km / day.
It is better to charge regularly to 60 - 80% of the capacity to increase its lifespan.

I am also thinking of another use, if the vehicle is charged by photovoltaic, on days when it runs little, can it be used to run household appliances and other circuits in the house at night and on days without sun?

edit: OUPPSS I had not seen the answers
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 25/07/21, 19:46

I see that we are documenting ourselves well! so much the better.

A priori the cells of my ion are expected up to 5000 cycles, it seems to me, the one before, it was 1000 ....

With autonomy of 50 kWh of battery, and journeys of 50 km daily, the car could serve as a buffer, with a minimum subscription of 3 kW to "EDF".

The pb, is that zoe, and Europe, killed the "chademo", fast leaf loading, for example, which was bi-directional.

How easy it would be to do that directly ... V2H ...

But, instead, the Germans first, it seems to me, put the combo on the market ...

It seems to me that here someone had published an article on this, but we still had to wait a few years ...

Currently, we will have to "tinker" with your car, to get there.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 25/07/21, 20:24

20210725_124847.jpg

I don't know if I put on anymore, but practically coming back from one of my daughters today, after a few shopping on the road, 10-20 km from her home.

Average over 70 km / h on the road, driving at + 3 km / h from the authorized speed. The last 10 km are all practically done at 50 km / h ...

20210725_124937.jpg

I admit, that at times I let myself go a little, in acceleration ...

I left at 68% autonomy, you don't necessarily have to be 100% to do a course, it is not used for much, except for a very very long course ....

20210725_125014.jpg

On the way there, I had only taken 32%, but cooler, on the other hand air conditioning on the way ....
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 25/07/21, 20:47

izentrop wrote:https://www.clubic.com/transport-electrique/article-886273-1-sr-voiture-electrique-quelle-duree-vie-batteries.html
Between 1000 and 1500 cycles, depending on whether the charge is full or partial.

Why do you want to stop an EV that is only at 70% autonomy?

As long as the cells are all in the same range, that's okay.

What is problematic, it would be only one cell, well below all the others.

Having only 300km of autonomy, instead of 450 km, is that a pb for everyday life?

On the other hand, changing a cell, to have a correct battery, is good. And at the end of battery life, yes, for solar, etc., this is the solution.

There are still EVs over 20 years old driving every day. Not the same drum techno.

I still have a camcorder, with the same battery techno as the current EVs, which is 20 years old, and the battery, even if it has aged, still works, less time than before of course ...
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 25/07/21, 21:16

This is what a course with a zoe ZE40 can give, not the best, but easily "buyable". 15pm to do a Valenciennes-Marseilles.

ze40 val mars.JPG
ze40 val mars.JPG (280.33 KiB) Viewed 1302 times

Impossible ? no, reasonable ... once-twice a year ....
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 25/07/21, 21:17

phil59 wrote:I still have a camcorder, with the same battery techno as the current EVs, which is 20 years old, and the battery, even if it has aged, still works, less time than before of course ...

You had the best of the best technology back then ... The first lithium batteries were released by Sony in 1991.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 09:14

We're going to start talking about zoe.

The first, if I remember correctly, were 22 kWh of battery, we will say about 150 km of autonomy.
The load can go up to 22 kW, terminals that we find almost, exaggeratingly, on every street corner, with a T2 socket as standard.
By cons at the time, terminal side, it was T3. By having a T2-T2 cable, around 150 €, (by not taking it from Renault), we charge everywhere ...

The battery was leased, we can now buy it back. It's up to you to judge if it's worth the cost or not.
Less than 2000 € for a pre-2013 one.

The zoé from before 2014, are not too recommended, first models, some youthful flaws.

From 2017, there are 40 kWh, the ZE40.

Always charge in T2, 22 kW, same compatible terminal. The ZE40 is about 250 km of real autonomy.
Battery still leased, possibility of repurchasing the battery, it seems to me, at least, a little over 4000 €.

From 2020, we find the ZE50, 50 kWh of battery, more than 300 km of autonomy, always a charge in T2, 22 kW, some have the CCS option, charge in DC, possibility of going up to 50 kW load, max ...
The battery was in Rental, and since 2021, the batteries are in full purchase directly.

These dates are leading, and given as an indication.

On the zoes, except ZE50, some were equipped with the load, in theoretical 43 kW, on always T2 socket, in AC. Rather rare terminals, but, they also take the 22. So at worst, it is a classic zoe! Generally, in its reference, we will find a Q, for quick .... quick.
THE load in 43, if you find a terminal, makes an average load at 35 kW real.

To calculate an approximate charging time of charge, to give an idea, in a lot of EVs, up to 80% of capacity, it is still about good, you take 80% of the battery, if battery 22 kW, that is to say approximately 18, and you divide by the "speed" of the terminal.

So if we are practically at 0 kw of battery, that gives us 22 kWh to put back in, on a 18 kW terminal, about 22 minutes, practically an hour then. The additional 50% will take almost the same time, so it will take more than 20 hour 1 minutes to refuel.
The last phase balances the cells.
It is an idea of ​​the time to put.

From the ZE50, we have more or less something linear up to 95% .... beyond that, it becomes long again. (load in 22 kW)
That is to say, being at 0 on a ZE50, up to 48 kWh, it remains relatively good, a little more than a good 2 hours ...

We will not have the same on a CCS combo socket. (50 kW)
Up to 80%, count an average of 40 kW, so one hour, to increase your battery to 40 kWh.

On a long enough journey, there is no point in charging 100%, it takes too long ....

Use the 20-40% range (if the autonomy allows reaching the next terminal, see the next one, in plan B) in low range, and 80% in high load.

The ZE40 actually has an actual 41 kWh battery, and the ZE50 is 52 kWh, just for the record, but counting 40 or 50, it's fine.

So much for the bulk of the Zoe, a vehicle that can charge almost everywhere in France in 22 kW (almost also abroad, but many terminals only deliver 7 kW).

It's a bit of theory, and not to take all of this literally, it's just to give an idea, true, real, more or less 10%.

22 kW on the terminals, on the other hand, we do not always have them.
The "EDF" subscription being at 18, often you will have 18 kW.
On double terminals, where 2 VE can charge at the same time, often, not always, the power is divided.
So 2 zoé on a terminal, it is often 9 or 11 kW to give.

I started with zoé, because the most common in France to date, but that will eventually change ....

LA zoé, unlike others, can chain load after load, thus making a long trip, with "full" loads. The speed will decrease a bit, if the batteries get too hot ....
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/07/21, 09:57

Nissan Leaf.

Car that appeared in 2011, with 24 kWh of battery, and batteries without rental, included in the purchase amount.

So a little more than 150 km of autonomy.

It is equipped with a fast charge, chademo, which can charge up to 50 kW. So up to 80% of the battery is less than 30 minutes.

So taken a little harder to find ...

On the other hand, with a T1-T2 cord, we can charge on all T2 terminals, in 7 kW maximum, this is what the onboard charger of the leaf takes.

From 2016, we had models in 30 kWh, then after 40 ... up to 60 kWh of battery.

I don't know enough to tell you more.

On the other hand, on models up to 40 kWh, the batteries were not cooled, which makes them difficult to accept chained charges over a long trip, or else we only charge 7 kW ....

We note a lot of cars that have lost autonomy.
Is it because it is not hidden, unlike other cars?
Other cars always tell you they're 100%, 100% how much? of the possible load?
The users are generally not unhappy.

It was the best-selling EV in the world a few years ago.
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."