electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by moinsdewatt » 28/11/20, 19:56

Tesla is hiring heavily for its Berlin Gigafactory

Emmanuel Touzot / 20 Nov 2020

Tesla has posted recruitment announcements for its Gigafactory in Berlin, where the new battery cells will be produced as well as the Model Y SUV which will be assembled there in a slightly different version from that marketed in the US market and China.

The announcements were seen on Tesla's official website, and were relayed by Drew Baglino, the firm's vice president of engines and energy engineering. Baglino, who co-hosted Tesla's last Battery Day with Elon Musk, wrote: "Accelerate the transition to sustainable energy by joining our production force in Berlin, for which we are recruiting leaders now."

The fourth Gigafactory, which will be established in Germany, will manufacture the new 4680 batteries which were presented and detailed by Musk and Baglino in September. These will be an integral part of the battery pack that will be integrated into the Model Y, whose rear structure will be designed in one piece.

The assessment of candidates should be done during the month of December in partnership with a German recruitment agency, which explained that Tesla was targeting around 7 recruitments for its factory located around Berlin. Rumors point to a start of production in the summer of 000, which would allow the Palo Alto brand to start production of its new cells and the Model Y at the same time.

https://www.automobile-propre.com/breve ... de-berlin/
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 17/12/20, 08:54

Construction is progressing quickly at the Tesla Gigafactory in Berlin:
Image (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giga_Berlin)

First cars delivered in July 2021.

She started in Texas (it's TerraFactory now :D ):
Production end of 2021.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 02/01/21, 08:39

Impressive drop in battery prices:

The full article is here: https://www.automobile-propre.com/voitu ... en-10-ans/
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 09/01/21, 22:39

France: The electric car passes the milestone of 100 registrations in 000

Michael Torregrossa 1 Jan 2021

In 2020, sales of electric cars in France reach a historic milestone with more than 110 registrations recorded. In December alone, more than 000 units were sold with a record penetration rate.

Electricity closes the year 2020 with historic results. According to data communicated by the Committee of French Automobile Manufacturers (CCFA), 20 new electric cars were registered in France during the month of December. A historic record which allows the electric to take 744% of new vehicle sales over the past month. While it will be necessary to wait for the publication of the Avere France barometer to discover the results of the different models in detail, some are already known. This is particularly the case of the Renault ZOE which beats its individual record with 13,6 registrations, but also of the Volkswagen ID.5 and the Tesla Model 978 which total respectively 3 and 3 units sold over the month.

As for plug-in hybrids, the atmosphere is also festive despite the many controversies. 15 vehicles were sold in December. A record for this rapidly growing segment which represented 119% of new cars registered over the month.

https://www.automobile-propre.com/la-vo ... s-en-2020/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/01/21, 10:39

Another good management of public money ... some obviously take the opportunity to condemn technology when the problem is human or financial ...

Here is one of the first scandal of the first electric cars, unfortunately it is likely to happen again in the next years to come

The photos date from January 2015. At Euro Casse in Coulommiers, this is how we finish the 250 Berlingo and Partner Electric that La Poste had received only 4 years before.

126490684_2110747089061850_8558816064243012984_n.jpg
126490684_2110747089061850_8558816064243012984_n.jpg (65.78 KB) Viewed times 1368

As an anecdote, in 2007 La Poste launched a call for tenders for 250 electric vehicles as part of a plan aimed at reducing the CO20 emissions of its fleet by 2%. These 250 vehicles must ensure the delivery of mail in urban areas. The contract was won by the PSA-Venturi partnership and a production plant was set up in Sarthe, inaugurated by François Fillon, the first in Europe dedicated solely to the production of electric vehicles. A total of 1000 Citroën Berlingo and Peugeot Partner “Powered by Venturi” are produced.
The 250 vehicles ordered by La Poste were delivered in 2011 to 13 urban areas in France: Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Nantes, Strasbourg, Rennes, Lille, Grenoble, Clermont-Ferrand, Limoges, Pau and Quimper.
The rest of the production is sold in Europe.
In 2015 Venturi ceased all production of electric vehicles.
This is when the 250 vehicles received by La Poste are simply sent for destruction, and all in the same junkyard. They are therefore repatriated from all over France to Euro Casse in Coulommiers (77) which has specific accreditation for the depollution of electric vehicles. The most kilometers were barely 10000 km, some even less than 1000 km.
This is how 10,6 million Euros spent by a public company, including 1.25 million Euros in state aid, has been reduced to pulp.

0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/01/21, 10:58

The battery technology on these berlingos .... Was a heresy .... They consumed a lot of electricity when they were not used just to keep the batteries in temperature ... In addition ... When the only company capable of supplying spare parts closes its doors .... What remains as a solution to a company ???? Get rid of obsolete vehicles ... Already it was done by finding a recycler who knew how to do it ... Imagine these vehicles sold at auctions to individuals ... What would have happened to these vehicles once at the end of their life. ... I have in one of my dependency a stock of a 20ene of old nickel cadmium batteries with liquid electrolyte of my PSA generation 1 which I do not know what to do .... They may cost me a fortune in destruction. ... Unless I empty them in the sink and gently throw the rest in the rubbish in the used battery container : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/01/21, 11:25

Christophe wrote:Another good management of public money ... some obviously take the opportunity to condemn technology when the problem is human or financial ...

attention there were 2 different battery technologies on the Berlingo Electriques

First the SAFT Nickel Cadmium (STM5-100-MRE cell), cold electrolyte in concentrated soda. 16 kWh on board

and then there was what I call the hot soup cooker : the PSA base was taken over, but VENTURI was fitted with a ZEBRA battery
https://www.voitureelectrique.net/citro ... poste-1800
https://www.plugincars.com/citroen-berl ... 06936.html
the electrolyte was a salt of aluminum, sodium and chloride, 23,5 kWh on board (not bad for the time, 10 years ago)

and an endowment was made to the Post Office, the car was called Berlingo first by Venturi.

This battery is annoying because you have to constantly heat them to keep them in temperature, so there are only lit ones to want to recover that on occasion. In my opinion Venturi has ceased its activities ...

In the same genre, Bolloré LMP drums have this problem, however with a totally different techno.

So in this case, I believe that technology is also involved even if that is not the only cause of the mismanagement.
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 13/01/21, 19:55

it's still a shame that there is no retrofit with battery change :(
1 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 13/01/21, 20:01

thibr wrote:it's still a shame that there is no retrofit with battery change :(

Yes, because even without the battery the base of the car could have been reused.
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/01/21, 20:34

It's clear, especially since hey, 16kWh of lithium battery now must be able to fit into their thing.
1 x