electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by moinsdewatt » 23/09/18, 16:49

Volkswagen unveils its SEM electric platform

The cornerstone of the Volkswagen Group's electrical program, the SEM platform was unveiled on Monday. Announced for several years, it will serve as a base for 10 million electric vehicles across the various brands of the group. From 2019, it will give birth to its first model: the Volkswagen "ID".

http://www.automobile-propre.com/volksw ... e-meb/amp/
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/18, 00:03

https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-servi ... 210562.php

Car pollution: the European Parliament on a hard line

MEPs on Wednesday adopted a target of reducing 40% by 2030 CO2 emissions of new vehicles. One in five new cars must be electric from 2025. The industry denounces unrealistic goals.

(...)

I also have a hard time believing it ... Europe imposes ambitious goals: but what budget does it give to get there?

The billions of conventional builders who help to continue on the same path (and that's the bad thing): build 2000 kg cars for less than 10% of useful mass ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/10/18, 01:21

It started with the technical control.
My old fiesta goes over :(I moved this afternoon for nothing. Fortunately, they did not charge me.
For me it's ok, she had holes in the body that I repaired cheaply.

Now, finish the repairs to the sintofer or riveted sheet as I did. I'm not ready to go electric, I have other priorities.

I am not to be pitied, the worst must be for young people who have reworked an old jew's harp to get to work.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 11/10/18, 00:25

As often, we also have to "get out of the box" to see other strategies.

With a few years of delay, the automotive industry is just following suit in the recording industry.

According to the scheme vynil, k7, CD, dematerialized, the colossal fleet of diesel vehicles is a manna equally colossal to turn into a gas park ... (with the complicity of the governors? The question is to dig)

And jointly (though probably with a certain lag) in electric park.

Everyone has their own opinion on how consumers will react ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 11/10/18, 11:14

izentrop wrote:It started with the technical control.
My old fiesta goes over :(I moved this afternoon for nothing.
I have a friend who "abandoned" a motorhome of about 25 years old which was driving very well because the headlights no longer passed the technical control (reflector pitted) and the spare part could not be found.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 14/10/18, 14:57

PSA will decline its utilities in electrical

13/10/2018

Towards mid-2020, the manufacturer will offer the Citroën Jumpy and Peugeot Expert in 100% electric version. It intends to respond to the tightening of regulations concerning the circulation of diesel vehicles in city centers.

The entire range of PSA utilities will switch to electric by 2025, according to information from Echos. "We think it is better to arrive with pure electric rather than with rechargeable hybrids, explains Philippe. Narbeburu, the daily "LCV" manager of PSA. "The objective in terms of battery autonomy is to cover 85% of our customers' uses", he explains.

The first models to convert will be the Peugeot Expert and the Citroën Jumpy, which will roll off production lines in mid-2020. "We can electrify this K-zero program without too much work, under acceptable economic conditions," says Philippe Narbeburu in Les Echos. Secondly, the Berlingot and the Partner will be converted to lithium-ion. Large utilities, now assembled in Italy with Fiat, will be the last.

To meet the needs of its customers, PSA is also thinking about offering two different battery sizes.

15% of sales in the first years
This major electrification plan is intended to respond to the tightening of regulations concerning the circulation of utility diesel in town centers. It is therefore a question of offering an alternative to professionals and logisticians who must ensure the delivery of the "last mile".

PSA intends to offer an identical monthly rent between the electric and thermal versions. It thus wants to make electricity attractive to its professional customers, who are already interested in the low maintenance costs of this technology. "The proportion of electrics in sales? Everything will depend on the regulations" advances Philippe Narbeburu cautiously. But the manufacturer is still betting on a share of sales of 15% from the first years.

https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/psa-va-d ... 43526.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/18, 15:31

Uh, it already exists the electric berlingo (and co) ... where is the novelty?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 14/10/18, 17:32

The novelty is that they believe in it and that they really intend to sell them, unlike the old models which were above all a showcase and "demonstrators" (whose unacknowledged goal was precisely to demonstrate that the electric no future, did not interest customers, and did not meet their needs)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/18, 18:51

Yes, yes, I think they intend to pocket the millions of various and varied public aid ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 14/10/18, 20:30

I do not know if they are targeting more help than that. Above all, the market is changing. Already it seems that Renault / Nissan gets to earn money with the zoe / leaf, if the market becomes profitable, it interests the other manufacturers.
Then the new WLTP standard, in the current state of things, will mean that almost all thermal vehicles will be subject to an ecological penalty, except the electric ones which will have a bonus ... that will probably decide a lot of people to switch to EV and this is again a market that manufacturers do not want to miss: by arriving too late, they will lose significant market share to those who have a coherent electricity supply ... while waiting -sure that the government adjusts the co2 rate of the penalty / bonus with respect to this new standard (in Belgium it seems that they have already planned to "delay" the taking into account of the new WLTP co2 rate, for France we do not know yet)
0 x