electric car and transport, wire news

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Electric Cars and transport, wire news

by gildas » 18/10/22, 19:30

Christophe wrote:Well, no, it's called a VTOL (drone)...

I meant that a drone with wings will need an airplane runway...

Le quirky flying machine will seem to be the solution to take off without runway but the pilot does not see as well as in an XPeng X2...

I can see myself taking off from my home with an XPeng X2 to cross the lake of Grand-Lieu at 30 meters high and 30km/h...: Mrgreen:

This lake is as big as a township and by car you have to go around it if you want to go south... :|
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 19/10/22, 23:56

I concluded a little quickly... A winged drone would therefore not need a runway...

Christophe wrote:Another VTOL project (Vertical Take Off and Landing) halfway between the drone and the plane ... partly funded by Google.

The design is good against the name I do not really understand, very close to heavyside?

Flat it is a single-seater (for the moment) ... But the design is better than most "flying drone taxis" including that of Airbus ...

Transportation-electric / kitty-hawk-Heaviside-VTOL-electric-mid-drone-mid-air-google-inside-t16159.html

It's quite tricky in flight during the "transition" phase:

The term "transition" refers to the moment during which the ADAV passes from vertical flight to horizontal flight after takeoff, or from horizontal flight to vertical flight before landing. The first transition is very delicate because the lift must be transferred from the engines to the wings, and the wings only play their role if the horizontal speed of the plane is sufficient. The changeover is therefore gradual.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avion_%C3 ... e_vertical
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/10/22, 00:32

I think you need 2 independent systems, one that takes care of the horizontal propulsion, the other of the vertical lift.

on this subject, I often drew sketches, there are quite a few possible solutions with tilting rotors. You need a power plant with generator in the aircraft and bring everything by cable to the engines and propellers.

unfortunately I don't have sufficient aero knowledge to know the optimal config.

Do you know if placing the rotors at the wingtip is favorable or not? I asked myself the question and I don't have a clear answer, it's very multifactorial.

On airplanes, the rotors are in the middle of the wing.

On the Heaviside, there is a wingtip rotor.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 21/10/22, 00:07

Remundo wrote: ...

unfortunately I don't have sufficient aero knowledge to know the optimal config.

Do you know if placing the rotors at the wingtip is favorable or not? I asked myself the question and I don't have a clear answer, it's very multifactorial.

Alas no.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/10/22, 01:00

can you expand?
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 21/10/22, 10:05

I have no knowledge of aero either, apart from some technical information on aeronautics, popularized by wikipedia or others...
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/10/22, 10:17

according to the little experience I have (because let's remember I'm a moron and an idiot of aerodynamics) ....

Moving the propellers away from each other and from the body of the aircraft should probably limit the phenomena of disturbances in the airflows in the suction of the said propellers. In addition (noted on my son's self-made four-engine drone) with increases in lever arm, the maneuvering precision of the machine increases, but its reactivity (liveliness in changing direction) decreases, it's a matter of compromise ( from the moment the flows are no longer disturbed) if the beams are lengthened too much, the weight increases, the machine is more precise to stabilize but less reactive and loses load capacity, this assuming that we keep the same management (case of my kid's drone) of engine regulation
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/10/22, 11:00

Macro wrote:according to the little experience I have (because let's remember I'm a moron and an idiot of aerodynamics) ....

It's not new : Lol: me too, and all here....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/10/22, 11:10

for those who want to dwell on the subject:

How to properly design a helicopter-plane (ADAV/VTOL)?
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/10/22, 13:25

0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré