Range of the 20 most popular EVs in winter

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

Re: Autonomy of the 20 most popular EVs in winter

by Christophe » 02/02/20, 21:22

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:I did not know that there were heat pumps for heating systematically on EVs ... Are you sure about that?
On Tesla I want to believe it ... but on a Zoe I have a lot more trouble.

Since its release in 2012.
https://www.cnetfrance.fr/cartech/renau ... 769452.htm

Indeed there was no worse than my example with the zoé ... my fault! : Cheesy:

It does not prevent one can read there 2 to 3 of COP ... for 1kW consumed on 22 kWh it is already 5%.

I think that it is illusory to be able to maintain a zoé at 21 when it freezes and that one rolls ... with only 2kW hot ...

And the other models?

In short, I don't see why the journalists did not deactivate the heating, especially if some models do not have a heat pump ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/02/20, 21:52

Christophe wrote:And the other models?
In short, I don't see why the journalists did not deactivate the heating, especially if some models do not have a heat pump ...

Unable to answer you, but it would surprise me that the other models do not have a PAC if the ZOE had one in 2012.
Journalists may not have wanted to freeze the c ...... s, right? Especially if the instruction was to stay at 21 ° in the passenger compartment.
Okay, if you want to take this simple article as "positive" conspiracy about EV performance in cold weather, that's your right after all ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/20, 22:00

No conspiracy ... just rigor! Pffffiouuuu ...

I deduce that we can halve the loss of autonomy if we do not use the heating (with or without cap) ... rigorously! : Mrgreen:

Can it be so important? A thermal vehicle is also subject to the weather! Order of magnitude 10-15% ...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 02/02/20, 22:04

Look rather on the side of Renault Twizy.
It's the same heating as on a motorcycle
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/20, 22:07

Yes there is not what! : Cheesy:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/02/20, 13:21

Not all electric cars have a heat pump.

I have been driving an ion for 7 years, and it is badly designed heating side for the winter, because it is an electric boiler, and badly insulated pipes.

It's a super fun car to drive, though. It has about a hundred km of autonomy in summer (road limited to 80 km / h helps well), and 60 in winter at max from chez max, about if it freezes or almost outside, with heating at 16 ° in the passenger compartment and gloves for driving.

Without heating, effectively, it takes 20% less autonomy.

In these cases there remains the right solution to the equation, speed, consumption, heating time.

But for everyday life, with daily journeys of around XNUMX km, it's still perfect.

My also have a zoé, the heating, PAC, plays a little less on the autonomy, but the cold, and always the cold, plays on the charge of the battery.

ZE40 is about 250 km in summer and 200 km in winter.

Whether with a car of around 100 km of range, I have already done with 130 km, in good condition, in summer, with, on a single charge, cool driving, of course, and 400 km in the same day, there with several charges.

With the zoé I have already done more than 300 km on a single charge, in OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2019, from the Netherlands, Belgium, the flat country, it helps a lot, regulator at 90 km / h on the highways, and 21 ° in the passenger compartment, and of course journeys of more than 500 km the same day, it's not very complicated with a zoé, when you have the right charging infrastructure, that is to say T2 sockets, in 22kW .

I have not had a thermal car for more than a year, and I hope this year to make 1000km to go on vacation in EV.

I have confessed for a long time that I do not take the toll motorways, or very rarely, take a lot of breaks, so for me, it does not change much in time, you quickly spend 30 minutes, on a break, a coffee , a "pee" ....

There are a lot of EVs currently coming out, there's enough to do ....
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/02/20, 13:59

plasmanu wrote:Look rather on the side of Renault Twizy.
It's the same heating as on a motorcycle

I'm not sure if the twizy is considered a car, but can be a four-cycle ...
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 09/02/20, 14:02

On a Leaf 24 kWh, 6 years of age still 120 km of autonomy in summer (140 new), and 100 km with battery charged outside (~ 0 ° C) and heating in winter. The heat pump is deactivated below 4 ° C to switch to pure resistive heating. The battery has lost 15% of capacity in 6 years.
The charging temperature of Lithium-ion cells has more influence on autonomy than heating (except for making very short trips).
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/02/20, 14:40

ENERC wrote:S and 100 km with battery charged outside (~ 0 ° C) .....
The charging temperature of Lithium-ion cells has more influence on autonomy than heating (except for making very short trips).

To be sure you have understood correctly, and ignoring the heating aspect which is an additional consumption: the fact of charging in an individual garage or an underground car park where the temperature in winter would be say 10 ° C, compared to charging by leaving the vehicle outside, significantly limit the loss of range? The temperature "while driving" does not matter (excluding the effect of additional heating consumption)?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 09/02/20, 15:27

If we exclude the heating, the batteries are less "vigorous" in winter, and a loss of about 20% of autonomy is real.

That is to know for his journeys. In addition is also to know, we can not always charge at maximum speed when it is cold, the "BMS" protect the VE

All this is to know when you want to drive 100% in EV, but when you know, you are not surprised.

All this is of no importance in everyday life.

For larger trips, that is. It is to know that some EVs like the leaf, do not know how to chain fast charges on a long journey.

When you know where you are going, all this is not a problem, because you know the "current" limits of the system.

As for EV charging, currently, we know how to charge 15 EVs without an additional power plant, out of a total of 000 vehicles circulating in France.

We are very far from the 15 EVs in France, I dare not even say 000.

If you do more than 300 km per day in EV, it could be complicated, depending on what we do.

To have a comfort rule without any bp, you do not divide 2 the manufacturer's autonomy, and there, no worries, even in the event of a hard blow ...

At 75% of the manufacturer's autonomy, for 99% of the cases, it is realistic.
1 x