Mitsubishi MiEV electric, CO2 emissions: 41 g per km

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
harry ravi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by harry ravi » 03/10/08, 12:43

So if I want (as an average French) to use an electric car and be economically autonomous.

I consume every day: 23 * 0.3 = 7kWh

If I produce 24kWh of electricity over 7 hours, I am independent to go to work.
I have to produce 300Wh every hour to go to work.

I do not know if you have done this analysis but I am talking to me.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/10/08, 13:27

the 200 to 300wh / km is for thermal. an electric vehicle is generally designed to be less energy-consuming given the low energy on board.
rather, it is necessary to count between 100 and 150Wh / km in an urban journey. and yes, when stopped in traffic jams, the EV does not consume :D

so if you do 23km / day, you need 3,5kwh. it is necessary to count more because the load and storage efficiency is not 1. but let's say that with 5kwh / day, you are autonomous.
over 1 year, with around 6000km, that's around 1000kwh.
if you want to produce it with solar, for example, you will need about 1kwc of installation because there are on average 900 to 1200kwh / year for each kwc installed. it's in the 8 to 10m2 panel. it's not delusional.
0 x
Click my signature
harry ravi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by harry ravi » 03/10/08, 15:11

I read that a 10m² photovoltaic installation costs around 8000 € (subsidies if roofing?).

Personally I am not for photovoltaics but I would prefer to pay 8000 € and go to work without paying full for 20 years ....

Then we can surely do better with wind power (produced overnight) and with heat differentials (new principles presented on this forum) to produce the 300Wh.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/10/08, 16:46

harry ravi wrote:So if I want (as an average French) to use an electric car and be economically autonomous.

I consume every day: 23 * 0.3 = 7kWh

Yes except that 23km is that the drive ... you have to make the return ... so it's already 14 kWh it would take.

harry ravi wrote:If I produce 24kWh of electricity over 7 hours, I am independent to go to work.
I have to produce 300Wh every hour to go to work.

Uh yes except that on average you only produce 12 hours per day smoothed over the year so that would already be 600Wh and * 2 because of the return: that is to say 1200Wh per hour "of day" to produce!

So let's take the case of Alsace where you have 1200 kWh / m².year of solar radiation and an (optimistic) yield of 20% each m² will therefore produce (neglecting losses) 240 kWh / year!

The needs amount to 23 * 2 * 0,3 * 21 * 10,7 = 3100 kWh / year

21 = number of working days per month
10.7 = number of months worked per year (12 months - 5 weeks of vacation)

You would therefore need 13 m² therefore reasonable ... either roughly € 10 of investment or the equivalent of 000L of fuel at 7000 € / L enough to travel 1.4 km with a car that consumes 100L and 000km ca how many years of work at 7 km per day?

2174 days or 9 years and 8 months ... the batteries of your electric car will be HS long before ...

harry ravi wrote:I do not know if you have done this analysis but I am talking to me.

Yes that speaks except that one neglects a FUNDAMENTAL point and undoubtedly the most important, you believe that the State will let you make? Driving on electricity at the tax-free kWh price? Do you see what he does to people who drive in oil or red?

We therefore compare on one side: an electrical kWh not taxed but also subsidized and on the other hand an kWh petroleum taxed at 65% ...

You have to wake up right away! : Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 10 / 08, 16: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/10/08, 16:49

dirk pitt wrote:the 200 to 300wh / km is for thermal. an electric vehicle is generally designed to be less energy-consuming given the low energy on board.
rather, it is necessary to count between 100 and 150Wh / km in an urban journey. and yes, when stopped in traffic jams, the EV does not consume :D

No, it's mechanical kWh ... what consumes in the city is above all the acceleration for thermal (poor efficiency)

dirk pitt wrote:it's in the 8 to 10m2 panel. it's not delusional.

13 m² precisely for Strasbourg and 23 * 2 km per day ...:D

It does not solve the problem of taxes: the State will not subsidize an installation which brings it a shortfall! It only subsidizes what does not scare it: as oil tankers only do photovoltaics and not thermal solar!
0 x
harry ravi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by harry ravi » 03/10/08, 17:43

Of course this tax story is intolerable, but as I say, I am not for photovoltaics.

But in the current state of technology, it is difficult to choose a means of autonomous production of electricity other than photovoltaics.

Maybe with heating panels, a small turbine and a small generator we would get better performance.

Then there are the perrier works, the solar trap, .....

But I also talked there are two three posts of wind turbines ... can be better performance over 24h ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/10/08, 18:06

Yes, the PV that powers an electric car will be the simplest ... but not necessarily the most economical in the long term ...

With solar H2 made by a Perrier concentrator which would supply a fuel cell, no need to import petroleum ...

I dream that municipalities or local authorities regain control of their energy (they had it a few decades ago with the municipal forests for example!) with lots of small solar power plants here and there ... coupled if necessary with micro algae cultures ... Image

What am i dreaming It is still allowed no but !!

I have a dream!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 03/10/08, 21:15

It's beautiful Maaaiiiiitre : Mrgreen:

Keep on dreaming guy! Good for you, and by the way, bring us a nice dream too (oups it's already done! Thank you masterImage)

good night sleep tide :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/10/08, 10:19

Here is the video in question: https://www.econologie.com/mondial-de-l- ... -3943.html

Look at everything: we clearly see the paradox between the intellectual honesty of the Japanese who says that his Miev emits 41 g / km given the manufacture of the batteries and the hypocrite of ghosn who continues to speak of zero emission vehicle. ..

Otherwise here is a very interesting subject devoted on the balance sheet of electric propulsion
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 03 / 09, 12: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/03/09, 12:46

Mitsubishi and PSA sign an agreement to launch an electric vehicle in late 2010 in Europe

TRANSPORT - Actu-Environnement.com - 02/03/2009

Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and PSA Peugeot Citroën have announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding for collaboration on the electric vehicle. The two groups are now partners to develop an electric vehicle adapted to the European market built on the basis of the i MiEV being developed at MMC in Japan. This common vehicle will be produced by MMC and marketed under the Peugeot brand alongside the Mitsubishi i MiEV.

The two companies are continuing their discussions in order to envisage a commercial launch in late 2010 or early 2011.

In addition, the PSA Peugeot Citroën group is focusing its research on the development of a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. It is an electric vehicle assisted by a small heat engine. The electric autonomy will be of the order of 50 km, compatible with almost all daily uses with the possibility of recharging the vehicle during stops (work, home, parking, shopping centers). The internal combustion engine will take over for longer distances.

They want to reinvent the Cleanova it seems? : Cheesy:

http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... _6839.php4
0 x