Electric car: must we tax the road kWh EdF?

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/01/11, 12:34

our leaders and the builders of future EVs must cogitate hard to spare the goat and the cabbage.
-Do not kill in the egg future EVs (once again ...)
- limit the shortfall in petroleum taxes. not too much at the start or it will be marginal but do not create a state of affairs difficult to modify later.

In my opinion, one of the solutions is already showing up via battery rental. it would not take much to add to this solution a tax on road kwh.
they are already talking about renting the batteries from us at a price that would be the equivalent of the cost per kilometer in thermal. it only remains for them to include in it a tax which will be collected by the organization responsible for managing battery contracts. then, the user will pay his kwh the same price as that of the vacuum cleaner and dot bar.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/11, 12:40

Quite pitt!

And there is even better / simpler: with the advent of new 3G technologies, automatic invoicing / charging per actual km traveled would be entirely possible ... would be enough to include a 3G chip in the car! Additional cost: 10 € to 100 €?

But just like a battery tax, it would not encourage the use of solar road electricity and that's not good ... :|
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/01/11, 13:43

Christophe wrote:with the advent of new 3G technologies, automatic billing / charging per actual km traveled would be entirely possible ... it would be enough to include a 3G chip in the car! Additional cost: 10 € to 100 €?

Small flat limit off topic, but: today there is an insurance that charges per km traveled. The billing does not work or very badly ... The GPS (if there is one?) Takes too long to stall.
Result, even on long journeys like 800km, the insurer sees only 50% of the kms! (according to a user of said insurance)
[edit- = fault]
Last edited by bamboo the 05 / 01 / 11, 14: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/01/11, 13:58

Christophe wrote:Who is "we"?
Well, EDF and the French government have embarked on a “standardization” phase to impose a specific “road kWh” outlet with communication by power line with the electricity meter.
The vehicle must not "accept" to launch the charge unless it has recognized the counter.
From there to apply a different tariff (or level of tax) for the current passing through this socket :x

Christophe wrote:The purpose of this subject is to reflect on whether or not it is necessary and for what good or bad reasons to tax the electro-road kWh
I think we can also be interested in the consequences of taxation (if it is implemented).

The scheme:
tax -> fraud -> implementation of costly anti-fraud means -> technical problems (impossibility of recharging in photovoltaic self-production, impossibility of recharging abroad, impossibility of repairing oneself with a generator, ...)
reminds me a lot of what we’ve already seen with CD and DVD copy protections : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/11, 14:12

indy49 wrote:Small flat limit off topic, but: today there is insurance at the rate per km traveled. The billing does not work or very badly ... The GPS (if there is one?) Takes too long to stall.

We recently got a smartphone (Galaxy S) and I can tell you that their chip and geolocation protocol are fully developed: in less than 30 s you have an approximate position at 100m (based on the phone relay) .... so even inside!

And it detects GPS satellites better than our 2006 car GPS which finds nothing inside and in cars it takes 3 to 5 min to call ...

The latter is obviously X times larger than the Galaxy! Frankly the technology has made a good leap forward the last 2/3 years quite impressive!

In short it would be quite possible to include, for a ridiculous cost, a geolocation on a new car ...

indy49 wrote:Result, even on long journeys like 800km, the insurer sees only 50% of the kms! (according to a user of said insurance)

What is he complaining about? : Lol:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/01/11, 14:21

Christophe wrote:What is he complaining about? : Lol:

He doesn't complain, he welcomes it! :D
It was just to illustrate that it is not that miraculous in terms of effectiveness.
The case is apparently placed under the dashboard. There is not the same reception there as when the GPS (or the smartphone) is on the windshield ... Finally I do not know what it is due to, but it does not work. Ptet also a bad design of this case ...?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/01/11, 14:33

It’s from the Soviet Gps that they stuck to them..I have a garmin nuvi question to give me the shortest way it is not top but it knows in France always where it is a few meters ready
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/11, 15:00

Yeah, there is something fishy Macro ...

indy49 wrote:Well, I don't know what it is due to, but it doesn't work. Ptet also a bad design of this case ...?

So on this point: you can trust the state absolutely when it comes to making reliable technology linked to its cash inflows ... : Cheesy:

The techno is there, see the example of smartphones, adapting it is nothing at all.

We can even imagine using a smartphone that would be given with the electric car as an "ignition key" and would therefore allow it to be started!

For example, there is an electric scooter which already has an "iphone" slot: https://www.econologie.com/forums/smart-esco ... 10034.html

0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/01/11, 15:06

Christophe wrote:So on this point: you can trust the state absolutely when it comes to making reliable technology related to its income ... : Cheesy:

It is true that they can put the antenna where they want from the moment it is planned from the design of the car.
I surrender : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/01/11, 15:15

Christophe wrote:So on this point: you can trust the state absolutely when it comes to making reliable technology related to its income ... : Cheesy:

With in addition a small periodic annual regulatory check and its small sticker billed as on petrol pumps ....

40 years I tell you .. As long as there remains a drop ...
: Cheesy:
0 x