GM electric car: EV1 scrapped

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Christophe

GM electric car: EV1 scrapped

by Christophe » 01/08/06, 20:03

Subject already mentioned but I restart it because I received an article scanned by email:

GM EV1 scrapped

There was 5 at 10 years ago, when the future seemed to belong to electric cars, Californian environmental laws forced car manufacturers reluctant to market clean vehicles for ridiculous sums.
Some pioneers, enthusiasts, optimists and ecologists have purchased these vehicles. While a few bought their electric vehicles, most of them signed hire-purchase contracts that forced them to return the vehicles after a few years.

The following : http://www.clean-auto.com/article.php3?id_article=2579

Edit: see the documentary "Who Killed the electric car"

Debate: https://www.econologie.com/forums/documentai ... t1961.html
Video: https://www.econologie.com/who-killed-th ... -4316.html
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 02 / 11, 17: 25, 2 edited once.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 14/06/07, 02:28

Yesterday evening I watched "who killed the electric car" and frankly, I have murder or suicide cravings again, depending on whether I let go of my hatred of the people who DESTROYED this project (and the word is well chosen since GM has gone so far as to take back by force the leased cars to DESTROY them !!!!!!!!!) or that I let myself go to my disgust with the human race: /

Note: did you know that it was this EV1 and these laws for zero emission cars that scared the Japanese and pushed them to move faster on their prius?

WHAT GACHIS anyway !!

The Ev1 worked wonderfully, but the oil lobbies / manufacturers / power group in place (it was after Bush's arrival that the coup de grace was given) preferred to say that the market did not want this small car 2 places with limited autonomy, but pushed for the sale of SUVs and other hummers, while the "market" did not want them more than that .... the difference being that the marketing was + "voluntary" for SUVs than for EV1.

Frankly it hurts to learn all this, to say that the US in the end are filled with sensible people, intelligent, but they are crushed by those who put money and power above all!

We could have 10 15% electric car on the US market, and therefore probably also by us by extension, we could have been 10 years ahead of battery technologies, or even solar panels on cars to lengthen the autonomy ... but no!

Disgust disgust:

Dreamer

PS: if qq1 had the French ST for "who killed the electric car" that interests me, thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/08, 16:14

I dig up this subject because the coal seems to come back in "force" now.

In global balance sheet on CO2 I am not sure that an electric car powered by 70% electricity with coal is better than a car "with petrol" ...

If kK1 wants to have fun computing ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/02/08, 18:23

Electricity YES but renewable : Cheesy:

But do not worry too much, the electric, it will impose little by little in hybrid architectures AND rechargeable ... In my opinion : Idea:
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 12/02/08, 22:24

If CO2 coal-fired power plants are developing, can this be a solution?

Research in this area is making great progress ... between algae, micro-organisms and how to trap the CO2, it becomes interesting ..... even if the sobriety is tjs setting!

gilou
0 x
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: GM Electric Car: EV1 Scrapped

by caracole » 14/08/08, 10:52

"We killed the electric car"

Subject evoked certainly, perhaps a little unknown to the general public.
The documentary video below is very interesting (subtitling FR)

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/5529 ... que-1_auto

So where are the culprits of this assassination? : Evil:
0 x
Windows is a human operating system by the computer.
Linux is the opposite ...
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 14/08/08, 10:58

dreamer wrote:Yesterday evening I watched "who killed the electric car" and frankly, I have murder or suicide cravings again, depending on whether I let go of my hatred of the people who DESTROYED this project (and the word is well chosen since GM has gone so far as to take back by force the leased cars to DESTROY them !!!!!!!!!) or that I let myself go to my disgust with the human race: /

Note: did you know that it was this EV1 and these laws for zero emission cars that scared the Japanese and pushed them to move faster on their prius?

WHAT GACHIS anyway !!

The Ev1 worked wonderfully, but the oil lobbies / manufacturers / power group in place (it was after Bush's arrival that the coup de grace was given) preferred to say that the market did not want this small car 2 places with limited autonomy, but pushed for the sale of SUVs and other hummers, while the "market" did not want them more than that .... the difference being that the marketing was + "voluntary" for SUVs than for EV1.

Frankly it hurts to learn all this, to say that the US in the end are filled with sensible people, intelligent, but they are crushed by those who put money and power above all!

We could have 10 15% electric car on the US market, and therefore probably also by us by extension, we could have been 10 years ahead of battery technologies, or even solar panels on cars to lengthen the autonomy ... but no!

Disgust disgust:

Dreamer

PS: if qq1 had the French ST for "who killed the electric car" that interests me, thank you

right here: http://www.dailymotion.com/related/5529 ... que-1_auto

and finally the killing Here: http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x3ag ... 5_politics

When we see this, we actually want to kill yes ...

Name of D. Wake up !!!
0 x

caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 14/08/08, 13:09

Christophe wrote:I dig up this subject because the coal seems to come back in "force" now.

In global balance sheet on CO2 I am not sure that an electric car powered by 70% electricity with coal is better than a car "with petrol" ...

If kK1 wants to have fun computing ...

No need to do scholarly calculations!
I open my nostrils and my ears. For me it's enough.

Of course, it will be necessary to produce more electricity to recharge the batteries. but the pollution generated by the production of electricity is much more controllable because isolated and targeted than that of millions of cars burning oil all over the world.
0 x

jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 14/08/08, 14:51

you make a mistake Caracole, by trying to cling to a pretext which does not hold: the particles, do not settle "on the spot" on the ground in the place where they are produced but are carried by the winds which sweep the sea. Earth.
as proof the winds of the sahara which end up chilling the sand of the desert: here end the fallout of the depleted uranium bombs from Iraq, "for example".
Well, it's the same for the pollution of the city / countryside of hydrocarbons, nothing pushes hard bitumen on the other hand the cows eat the grass and all that falls there.
the same is true of a nuclear power plant 14 carbon and other iodine tritium (the list would be long) and other fuel processing plants, the wind does not plate on the ground.

we breathe all the same thin layer of breathable air on this earth, the clouds have no borders.
0 x
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by caracole » 14/08/08, 17:01

jonule wrote:you make a mistake Caracole, by trying to cling to a pretext which does not hold: the particles, do not settle "on the spot" on the ground in the place where they are produced but are carried by the winds which sweep the sea. Earth.
as proof the winds of the sahara which end up chilling the sand of the desert: here end the fallout of the depleted uranium bombs from Iraq, "for example".
Well, it's the same for the pollution of the city / countryside of hydrocarbons, nothing pushes hard bitumen on the other hand the cows eat the grass and all that falls there.
the same is true of a nuclear power plant 14 carbon and other iodine tritium (the list would be long) and other fuel processing plants, the wind does not plate on the ground.

we breathe all the same thin layer of breathable air on this earth, the clouds have no borders.

I do not see where I'm wrong ... I do not cling to a pretext that does not hold, I did not talk about particles? however, I agree with your reasoning!
0 x