Technically successful solar cooker?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
moarten
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Technically successful solar cooker?

by moarten » 26/04/20, 11:19

Hello everyone,

how to get the simplicity of a conventional oven thanks to a solar cooker?

Not having the desire or the time (at least for now) to hack this project (Arduino, R Pi, etc.), I am looking for a technically successful commercial solar cooker:

- parable
- motorization of the axes of rotation / tilt.
- cooking probe
- setting a cooking program
- setting of a desired end of cooking time
- control of the location (GPS) and the time.
- enslavement to local weather forecasts.
- forecast of the best execution of the desired cooking program taking into account this local weather.
- execution of the cooking program by controlling the axes of rotation / tilt, in particular to reach / maintain the temperature curve expressed in the program.
- piloting / control via web interface or via an app.

It seems a lot, but all this is technically possible, is not unduly complicated, all the data is online, all the automations are accessible, for example via Arduino etc ...

Does such a product exist commercially? Who would come closest to it?

Thank you,
Have a good day,
Martin bowen
0 x
Christophe

Re: Technically successful solar cooker?

by Christophe » 26/04/20, 12:11

Hi and welcome here!

It's a beautiful specification ... even too complex ... like certain criteria are useless:

Geolocation is useless..a solar tracker shims on the brightness, no matter the place ... on the other hand yes it can be controlled at a set temperature!

There will always be a cook to bake and prepare ... no conventional oven is 100% automated ...

What is your budget ?
0 x
moarten
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by moarten » 26/04/20, 12:57

Thank you for the answer.
Yes in principle, the GPS is not necessary, but anyway you have to know the time, and the weather forecast ... After that, the use of a GPS can greatly help the PLC, whose alignment could otherwise be deceived by less favorable weather.

So far, I have not found such a product ... Without even talking about budget, does this product exist? To get solar cookers out of the fun / holiday category, and make them reliable products capable of replacing the conventional oven?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/04/20, 13:29

You're welcome for that!

The use of weather forecasts seems unnecessary and complex for a simple cooking ...

It's a bit like wanting to barbecue that wouldn't light up in the rain : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

In addition, it is impossible to predict the solar masks that cumulus clouds make ... of a day of good weather!

The only solar cookers I know have trackers 1 (linear oven) or 2 axes (parabolic oven) .. otherwise the easiest to manufacture is the Ulog solar cooker ...

Most do not have trackers, the user makes the settings.

Look at similar topics at the bottom of the page and do a research on forums
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/04/20, 13:59

I'm going to be lynched but too bad!

A few PV panels for less than 100 € each for self-consumption and a common electric stove wouldn't that do the trick?

I say that, it's just that it could also turn the washing machine, the fridge, etc ... even during the hours and days when we don't necessarily have the possibility / the desire to cook in an oven solar.

No head, please! : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/04/20, 14:13

It's not wrong considering the current price of the toilet ... but you will not have the flavor of "thermal" cooking 
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 26/04/20, 14:15

1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/04/20, 14:26

Christophe wrote:It's not wrong considering the current price of the toilet ... but you will not have the flavor of "thermal" cooking 

Because a solar oven is more "thermal." than an electric oven, I'm talking about a food cooking point of view? Is that so...
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 26/04/20, 17:50

The idea is pretty good. By cons to clean, there is pyrolysis? (if not, it is not convenient).

Anyway to have a homogeneous temperature like in an oven, it is complex.
I join sicetaitsimple : for a solar oven to work you need a perfectly blue sky. A small veil of cloud of altitude transforms the direct radiation into diffuse radiation and the concentration of the rays does not work any more. While the PV captures the diffuse radiation.

We can make a solar oven with direct current PV:
- make an oven of refractory bricks,
- put a resistance in Khantal inside,
- connect the PV output to the direct resistor
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 26/04/20, 19:13

ENERC wrote:The idea is pretty good. By cons to clean, there is pyrolysis? (if not, it is not convenient).

Anyway to have a homogeneous temperature like in an oven, it is complex.

To clean it, in my opinion, the drawer comes off, otherwise the shape of the object and the solar radiation can provide homogeneous heat (at first glance) but I think Moerteen would like to have a real solar oven and not a traditional or DIY electric oven with a resistance supplied by panels. It is much more ecological, we will say.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)