Solar ECS - over-production ?!

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Re: solar ECS - over-production ?!

by Christophe » 17/09/18, 20:17

Yes a swimming pool, a spa ... or a thermal buffer of several m3 ... or supply the neighbor with DHW (but that the "system" does not want) ...

Not bad the idea of ​​reflecto but I would limit it to reflection in winter and not the cover, for the cover just draw a flexible material covering (white preferably) ... which would simplify the movement and therefore the size and cost of installation.

In fact he took over the concept of the Ulog solar oven: Solar-thermal / solar-oven cooker-ulog-build-and-performance-t10753.html

And that reminds me strongly of the idea developed here by Flytox (in 2009): heating-insulation / house-double-southeast t7157.html

ps: uh say he's on the other side? I have a doubt ... : Cheesy: : Mrgreen:
1 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/09/18, 14:17

Christophe wrote:Not bad the idea of ​​reflecto but I would limit it to reflection in winter and not the cover, for the cover just draw a flexible material covering (white preferably) ... which would simplify the movement and therefore the size and cost of installation.
But that would make two separate systems (so two engines, and perhaps difficulties to mechanically coexist the two systems).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/18, 15:02

Certainly it is easier, mechanically, to unwind a blind than to flip mirrors (heavy, brittle ...)

I believe that the "double south" function in this system is more interesting than the "sun cover" function ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/09/18, 15:40

Christophe wrote:Certainly it is easier, mechanically, to unwind a blind than to flip mirrors (heavy, brittle ...)
The "mirrors" are metal plates in this assembly.

Christophe wrote:I believe that the "double south" function in this system is more interesting than the "sun cover" function ...
The fact that it can do both without additional complication seems interesting.
0 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 18/09/18, 15:44

I think that partially hiding the panels is quite easy to do, indeed with a motorized "shutter" a bit like the skylight shutters.
To improve performance in the winter, perhaps fresnel lenses can bring a little more.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/09/18, 15:56

Fresnel lenses only concentrate on a smaller area, which would imply dimensions much greater than those of the receiver panels, which seems to me quite difficult in practice ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/09/18, 15:58

president13 wrote:I think that partially hiding the panels is quite easy to do, indeed with a motorized "shutter" a bit like the skylight shutters.
Yes, if we only want this function.

president13 wrote:To improve performance in the winter, perhaps fresnel lenses can bring a little more.
Possible...
It is much heavier and more complicated than the reflector system.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 18/09/18, 16:12

Hello,

I installed a reflector-occultant (non-motorized) there is a little more than 2ans and a half (soon 3 ...): http://www.apper-solaire.org/Pages/Expe ... occultant/

and I was already at the time largely inspired by this montage that I found very clever: http://www.apper-solaire.org/Pages/Expe ... /index.pdf

I thank again its author.
0 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 19/09/18, 14:25

Ahmed wrote:Fresnel lenses only concentrate on a smaller area, which would imply dimensions much greater than those of the receiver panels, which seems to me quite difficult in practice ...

even with one lens per cell?
0 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 19/09/18, 14:26

Gaston wrote:
president13 wrote:I think that partially hiding the panels is quite easy to do, indeed with a motorized "shutter" a bit like the skylight shutters.
Yes, if we only want this function.

president13 wrote:To improve performance in the winter, perhaps fresnel lenses can bring a little more.
Possible...
It is much heavier and more complicated than the reflector system.

I was thinking more about the fresnel lenses we put on the panel, one per cell, for example.
0 x