Avoid evaporation of water with oil?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/08, 13:38

Yes that's what I'm afraid of ... and ping pong balls? :)
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 29/08/08, 13:59

And a large tarp placed on floats? or even drawn above the tampon, the water will condense on the tarpaulin and fall back into the tampon.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/08, 14:06

Ah not con the air pad rita ... but difficult to put them in place ... (unlike ping pong balls or polystyrene balls) ...

Matt not possible: it would require a perfect seal at the walls ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 29/08/08, 14:06

You should have clarified that it was for such a surface.

For less, there is vegetable oil use that we
found everywhere for nothing. there is to ask.

I still advise you to inject a little air into
your tank to avoid anaerobic fermentation.

This kind of fermentation quickly smells of rage.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/08/08, 14:19

To keep the water level in the siphons of the condensate waters of the cold rooms and in the thermowells for the probes, we put 5mm of synthetic oil

in fact any non-vegetable or animal oil (rot-proof) will do the trick, but the dust tends to stick to it, which is not excessively annoying
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/08/08, 14:21

otherwise, you put a bubble cover like on the swimming pools

it floats at least

Uh, back on your tampon, it's open and the water is in contact with the air? hello algae, oxidation and germs
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/08/08, 14:26

animal oil, rot-proof? .... animal fat rots, but oil? kézako? distilled animal fat? where do you find that?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/08/08, 14:35

jonule wrote:animal oil, rot-proof? .... animal fat rots, but oil? kézako? distilled animal fat? where do you find that?

Ben cod liver oil and mink oil to name just two of the best known.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/08, 14:38

Capt_Maloche wrote:otherwise, you put a bubble cover like on the swimming pools

it floats at least

Impossible for the same reason as given above: sealing on the walls but also, I had forgotten: you have to pass the innumerable (one minus ten) hoses at the surface ... so a complete tarpaulin can not not even ride it!

Attention it is not a fixed idea that I have: I am inquiring without having the objective of doing it because I have not noticed a lot of evaporation since I repaired the big holes!

By cons the idea of ​​ping pong balls (or equivalent) pleases me enough because it would isolate (a little) the water from the upper concrete slab must still be a sacred thermal bridge!

Capt_Maloche wrote:Uh, back on your tampon, it's open and the water is in contact with the air? hello algae, oxidation and germs

There is about 10-15 cm of air ... not seen an algae develop (without light and without a deep algae strain I can't see how it could develop) ... The water is even very clear after 20 years as shown in the photos below.

Here are the photos when we moved in (low level = evaporation because house abandoned):

On the last photo, we can see the thickness (1/2 in fact) of the concrete slab of the "cover". This slab has been mineralized from below (most likely with the same product as the walls)

On the other hand look at the irritations, one would say that there was thus already a kind of "product" (or then it is a pollution resulting from? er the grease of the plumbing fittings for example?) ... it is this observation (that I hadn't noticed when I took the pictures) that made me create this subject!

ps: jonule maloche said NO prutréscible ... you're like me you tend to read a little too fast ...
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 08 / 08, 14: 50, 2 edited once.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/08/08, 14:42

uh ... I swear it marked "rot-proof" : Cheesy:
Anyway, I didn't know about cod liver oil, it can be useful; I saw + moldy duck fat ...
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"