Overproduction for swimming pools ... What mounting?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Overproduction for swimming pool ... What mounting?

by sicetaitsimple » 07/04/20, 15:21

epfyffer wrote:As I am sure to understand, you suggest that I mount the exchanger on the cold line without any modification, and that I activate the pump automatically by my regulation when the temperature of my cumulus is sufficient? And indeed, no more big modification needed ...? If that's the idea, will the passage of the solar cricuit in the pool exchanger lower the temperature enough so that the cumulus does not continue to heat? And if it cools down really very much, are we not going to cool the cumulus if at the sensor outlet then we are less hot than the temperature of the balloon? This is where I see a possible problem with this solution right?

Yes, that's the idea. You said that your exchanger was a priori of a dimensioning greater than your needs, so that could do it.
There is no reason for the cumulus to continue heating if you choose the right temperature threshold to start the "pool" pump, that's why I spoke of a temperature "representative of" a plus or less "full". Is it 40 °, 50 °, ... for the temperature of the heat transfer fluid leaving the balloon, I don't know, you will have to grope, it actually depends on the characteristics of the exchanger, the flow rates, ....
As for the "cooling" of the cumulus, well you just stop the swimming pool pump on a lower temperature threshold (for example 10 ° C, again it will be necessary to grope) than that which generated its engagement.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 07/04/20, 18:04

here is the modified scheme.
Schema_solaire_pygiène.jpg
Schema_solaire_piscine.jpg (61.92 KB) Consulted 3953 times

as long as the balloon has not reached T ° for DHW, say 60 °, only it is served. and when he's there, we only serve the pool.
The rocker is done with a thermostat and a relay having one of the inverted contacts or by the regulator according to its possibilities.
0 x
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 08/04/20, 21:13

Hello,

Philippe Schutt wrote:here is the modified scheme.
2020-04-08_21h08_36.png
2020-04-08_21h08_36.png (28.88 KIO) Accessed 3912 times

as long as the balloon has not reached T ° for DHW, say 60 °, only it is served. and when he's there, we only serve the pool.
The rocker is done with a thermostat and a relay having one of the inverted contacts or by the regulator according to its possibilities.

I think your solution meets what I had in mind and that I had drawn false ... Indeed, I thought well of this solution, but in more complicated (with a shorter circuit to create between the cold and the hot) while the switch to short circuit can be done precisely by the exchanger as you draw it well. And indeed I think my regul can do it (to control ...) to switch from one to the other. And then indeed there we speak of a long circuit when the solar circuit passes from the collector to the cumulus and of short circuit when the solar only passes through the exchanger ... The least of this situation is that we are not afraid of heating pool water until the cumulus value is reached. The + is that we are 100% dedicated to the pool once in short circuit. And finally that is what we ask of such a system.
2020-04-08_21h08_36.png
2020-04-08_21h08_36.png (28.88 KIO) Accessed 3912 times

sicetaitsimple wrote:
epfyffer wrote:As I am sure to understand, you suggest that I mount the exchanger on the cold line without any modification, and that I activate the pump automatically by my regulation when the temperature of my cumulus is sufficient? And indeed, no more big modification needed ...? If that's the idea, will the passage of the solar cricuit in the pool exchanger lower the temperature enough so that the cumulus does not continue to heat? And if it cools down really very much, are we not going to cool the cumulus if at the sensor outlet then we are less hot than the temperature of the balloon? This is where I see a possible problem with this solution right?

Yes, that's the idea. You said that your exchanger was a priori of a dimensioning greater than your needs, so that could do it.
There is no reason for the cumulus to continue heating if you choose the right temperature threshold to start the "pool" pump, that's why I spoke of a temperature "representative of" a plus or less "full". Is it 40 °, 50 °, ... for the temperature of the heat transfer fluid leaving the balloon, I don't know, you will have to grope, it actually depends on the characteristics of the exchanger, the flow rates, ....
As for the "cooling" of the cumulus, well you just stop the swimming pool pump on a lower temperature threshold (for example 10 ° C, again it will be necessary to grope) than that which generated its engagement.

OK, I can see the system. No other circuit to manage, on the other hand it is more groping and a point that annoys me that sometimes (in case of green algae) you have to let the pump run 24/24 ... Not ideal in entresaisons perhaps not?

Thank you in any case for your return is great!
Last edited by epfyffer the 08 / 04 / 20, 21: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 08/04/20, 21:14

I would like the opposite effect: Cool the pool ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 08/04/20, 21:38

well I think that the proposed assembly would do it ... There is only to turn the pump and the circuit runs at night, the water of the solar circuit would cool during the passage in the thermal collectors and would cool your pool right?
0 x

http://www.pouleto.ch/solaire

Our small contribution to a greener world ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/04/20, 22:06

epfyffer wrote: Thank you in any case for your return is great!

Do not exaggerate anything! It is above all simple in terms of "hardware" modifications and above all it does not in any way modify the operation of the priority use which is the supply of hot water, from the moment when the activation threshold of the pump pool was properly wedged.
Now nothing prohibits in case of a beautiful day announced to manually start it in the morning.
0 x
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 09/04/20, 14:23

I'm going to think about all of this, but the 2-circuit solution seems pretty good to me too because I have the pump and the regulator, and there are just the two valves (possibly controlled by the regul) ...
0 x

http://www.pouleto.ch/solaire

Our small contribution to a greener world ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/04/20, 14:29

My pool pump runs 24/24 all year round.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/04/20, 14:46

epfyffer wrote:I'm going to think about all of this, but the 2-circuit solution seems pretty good to me too because I have the pump and the regulator, and there are just the two valves (possibly controlled by the regul) ...

No problem, a bunch of solutions can work! The one I proposed to you is just simple to install and almost passive, but it's up to you!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 09/04/20, 18:12

epfyffer wrote:Hello,

Philippe Schutt wrote:here is the modified scheme.
Schema_solaire_pygiène.jpg

I think your solution meets what I had in mind and that I had drawn false ... Indeed, I thought well of this solution, but in more complicated (with a shorter circuit to create between the cold and the hot) while the switch to short circuit can be done precisely by the exchanger as you draw it well. And indeed I think my regul can do it (to control ...) to switch from one to the other. And then indeed there we speak of a long circuit when the solar circuit passes from the collector to the cumulus and of short circuit when the solar only passes through the exchanger ... The least of this situation is that we are not afraid of heating pool water until the cumulus value is reached. The + is that we are 100% dedicated to the pool once in short circuit. And finally that is what we ask of such a system.
2020-04-08_21h08_36.png

I did not draw that! in my drawing there are no valves.
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"