My water heater overheating sensor!

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Did67

by Did67 » 02/10/13, 15:24

There, on the delta T and the power of the circulator, you leave me perplexed: I have a Wilo circulator in 2 speed, it is given for about 25 or 30 W (should I check); I have 5 m² of panel and a delta t on the good sunshine beaches of 15 °; at 5 °, I cut estimating that it is not worth much more compared to the electricity consumed!

I measured the flow and everything ... It was 10 years ago.

What are your panels ??? They capture nothing or what? Or your ciruclator is a super-bomb?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 02/10/13, 18:48

Did67 wrote:What are your panels ??? They capture nothing or what? Or your ciruclator is a super-bomb?
In 2h full sun vosgien I 1000 l water 50 °, that's enough for me. If I put the circuit under pressure it would double the yield. My solar roof is a homemade DIY. The Grundfos circulator is 120 W. I do not understand why you are cutting 5 °. The temperature of the balloon is 20 ° in the morning if I consumed everything the day before. With 5 ° of temperature difference, at noon I am at 55 °, then the regulation switches the valve 3 channels on the heating of the pool.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/10/13, 19:35

It is necessary the relation between electricity put to make circulate your liquid and quantity of heat which you recover ...

So when the difference becomes small, it means that my panels "collect" few calories and that the electricity consumed would produce almost as many. So the balance sheet becomes weak ... So it is better to stop!

[Again, it's the delta t flow product t that gives the collected energy, not the only delta t! But there is a limit below which it loses its meaning. And you should ask yourself if with a significantly lower flow rate - therefore more reliable electricity consumption too - you would not collect almost as much.

Ex: flow of 5 x delta of 15 = the same thing as flow of 15 x delta of 5; except that to debit 15, it takes much more energy than to pump 5!]
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/13, 19:49

Almost as much does not push either!

My old system, similar to cuicui, has a COP of 50 !!
So there is a hell of a lot of room before arriving under COP 1 ...

Any pressurized system must exceed COP 80 or even 100 ...

I refer you to this topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/cop-d-un-s ... t8220.html
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 02/10/13, 20:42

Did67 wrote:It is necessary the relation between electricity put to make circulate your liquid and quantity of heat which you recover ...
So when the difference becomes small, it means that my panels "collect" few calories and that the electricity consumed would produce almost as many. So the balance sheet becomes weak ... So it is better to stop!
[Again, it's the delta t flow product t that gives the collected energy, not the only delta t! But there is a limit below which it loses its meaning. And you should ask yourself if with a significantly lower flow rate - therefore more reliable electricity consumption too - you would not collect almost as much.
Ex: flow of 5 x delta of 15 = the same thing as flow of 15 x delta of 5; except that to debit 15, it takes much more energy than to pump 5!]

With pressure sensors the system works just as well with 90 W. It could work with less but it's the mini power of my circulator at 3 speeds. I have an interest in having a sensor temperature not much higher than that of the balloon because the higher the temperature of the sensors, the higher the heat loss.
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 02/10/13, 20:52

Hello,

You say this:

Cuicui wrote:... The Grundfos circulator makes 120 W ...

Do you know how much this circulator rotates, on average, per day?

A+
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 02/10/13, 20:55

1360 wrote:Hello,
You say this:
Cuicui wrote:... The Grundfos circulator makes 120 W ...

Do you know how much this circulator rotates, on average, per day?
A+
About 7 h in the summer. It runs quite long in the evening because the 18 m3 pool is only 35 ° max.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/10/13, 10:19

Did67 wrote:You have to have the relationship between the electricity put to make your liquid circulate and the amount of heat that you recover ... So when the difference becomes small, it means that my panels "collect" few calories and that the electricity consumed would produce some almost as much. So the balance sheet becomes weak ... So it is better to stop!
Do not understand. In my opinion, a delta T so high for such a small area of ​​panels means that the circulator is half HS or the circuit partially blocked. It would be worth checking.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/10/13, 22:03

No its normal. And as said, recommended by the instructions of my installation.

I just have a few elbows, because the path is a bit odd ...

And a small circulator ...

I wrote 5, I would have to read the parameters, it may be 3. But there is a mini delta below which the system stops ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 04/10/13, 10:03

Did67 wrote: there is a mini delta below which the system stops ...
Thanks for the precision. I understand better: your system works suddenly, depending on the Delta T. I do not agree with your manual, but that's my problem ...
0 x