Heat transfer in vacuum tubes

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Heat transfer in vacuum tubes

by emlaurent » 16/01/21, 21:20

Hello,

I am trying to understand the principles used in evacuated tube solar collectors to transmit solar heat.
And there is a question that I do not solve, maybe you have the solution!

There are (old) systems with heat pipes onto which fins have been grafted which absorb solar radiation.
The whole is inserted into a glass tube under vacuum (for thermal insulation). Those are ok for thermal transfer:
solar radiation> absorption by the fins> transfer by thermal conduction to the heat pipe> transfer to the liquid

The more recent systems use a double-walled vacuum tube whose internal face is covered with an absorber (metal layer deposited under vacuum) and there is a heat pipe in the middle of the tube. Solar heat absorbed by the inner layer is transferred to the heat pipe tube, but how?
- is it by convection / conduction through the air between the heat pipe and the glass tube?
- are there metal fins to transmit this heat from the abs layer. to the heat pipe? (which would seem more efficient to me!)

I take a close-up photo to see the different solutions (or diagrams)! (I don't have such a solar collector at home ...)
merci!
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"