COP of a solar thermal system with drain of 20 years of age

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

COP of a solar thermal system with drain of 20 years of age

by Christophe » 18/08/09, 13:58

I just redo a measure of performance of our solar installation of 65m² panel single glazing with automatic drain.

Goal:

a) see if it has evolved 2 years after the 1ere measurement.
b) do a "high" T ° (the 1st I did at low T °, ​​see link below)

Measures:

- Measurement done 18 August 2009 to 13h30 (the solar noon is at 14h), there is a very slight cloudy veil at altitude
- T ° input = 50.9 ° C
- T ° output = 58 ° C
- Delta T ° = 7.1 ° C
- Solar pump outlet pressure = 1.1 bars
- Pump power = 626 W (measured at pm231)

Results:

Hence a pump flow (see this topic for the curve performance of a solar installation with emptying) = a little more than 4000L / hr at 4000L / h

And so:

- Solar power = Q * Cp * Delta = 4000 / 3600 * 4.18 * 7.1 = 33 kW
- COP = 33 000 / 626 = 52.7

Note:

- Regarding the COP of 52.7, I would like the defenders of “high performance” = “clean and free energy” CAPs to argue that we are just laughing ...

- In low T ° I had found 50 kW and a COP of 76 (see this topic: photos and presentation of our solar installation ), which is consistent given the technology of our "rustic" panels (single glazing, a little dirty ...) ...

- Solar yield side ca gives this: 65m² for 33kW from where a energy per m² of 507 W / m² recovered in the water. It makes a return of 33 / 65 = 50.7% (assuming the solar radiation of the day at 1 kW / m²) which is not so bad! (We were at 780 W / m² in low T ° with T ° input = 19.6 ° C)

See curves here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/rendement- ... t4317.html

The following?

It is a basic system, with a powerful pump, without any regulation except a comparator of T °. I presume that by playing on the flow / pump power, we can improve things! Problem: the current pump is a single-phase guinard kietis 4000 whose speed / power is not variable (apparently it is possible in three-phase) ...

More

More info on the "solar collectors": https://www.econologie.com/forums/photos-mai ... t5283.html
More info on the "solar thermal buffer": https://www.econologie.com/forums/energie-so ... t4517.html
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 08 / 09, 12: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/08/09, 14:17

Well, what are you doing ... with 33 kWhours / day in this season?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/09, 19:24

Uh it is 33kW during 5 to 6 h per day about 200 kWh about sunny days ...

Otherwise it's a good question: we buffer "a max" in the 70 L of our buffer (it is over 000 ° C there, it has never been so hot for 60 years) ... in short, we prepare our thermal phase shift for the fall but I assume that part of this energy is lost at night in losses in the buffer ...

From a certain T ° buffer, I think that on the Primary Energy it is more interesting to run the solar pump because if it is to lose the pumping energy spent the day at night .. there is more interest ...
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 19/08/09, 20:26

Bonjour Christophe

Houses like yours, there must not be many.
The guy who imagined it, built and paid ... and moreover in Belgium, it is either a precursor or a cracked ... choose your category!
In front of me (Nice) a high-end subdivision was built three years ago, NOT ONE SINGLE THERMAL PANEL, but SPLITS on each villa. Recently one of the owners had a second installed.
My troglodyte house buried for 50% gives me earth-concrete air conditioning because all the parts against the earth are not insulated. Only "open" facades are. Not a single fart of condensation in winter. Earth inertia is formidable.
60 ° it's not a bit hot for swimming in an indoor pool, although as sauna
Ciao and good sweat
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/08/09, 21:33

What are splits?

In which region do you live?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 19/08/09, 23:12

The splits are the awful square boxes of the reversible air-to-air reversible air-to-air (RC) cabs that are outside, fixed on the front (rarely on the roofs) and that make noise at night for the neighbors without air conditioning who sleep the open windows. : Evil:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 20/08/09, 09:56

EH EH ! it is true that the COP of a solar installation is without concurence ... Oh yes, the direct radiation behind glazing : Cheesy:

but what has not helped the development of solar thermal is the difficulty of storage

which will soon be settled with FCE (Fluid Change of State) not true Toff?

It suffices to immerse "packs" of vegetable oil in the water in the shape of the blue cooling blocks of the coolers, thin and in tight rows
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/09, 11:00

former oceanic wrote:The splits are the awful square boxes of the reversible air-to-air reversible air-to-air (RC) cabs that are outside, fixed on the front (rarely on the roofs) and that make noise at night for the neighbors without air conditioning who sleep the open windows. : Evil:

a) Don't surprise me: we are looking for "ease" ... but there are some who will quickly feel the gravel ...

b) Not sure if they are reversible though?
Chances are it will be simple air conditioning + electric heating in winter ... In short the total to satisfy the shareholders of EdF!

: Cheesy:
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 20/08/09, 11:01

former oceanic wrote:The splits are the awful square boxes of the reversible air-to-air reversible air-to-air (RC) cabs that are outside, fixed on the front (rarely on the roofs) and that make noise at night for the neighbors without air conditioning who sleep the open windows. : Evil:
it smells the lived : Mrgreen:
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/09, 11:10

Christophe wrote:b) Not sure if they are reversible though?
Chances are it will be simple air conditioning + electric heating in winter ... In short the total to satisfy the shareholders of EdF!

: Cheesy:

Ps: Cherry on the cake of shareholders, these Air / Air pac were up to 1 / 01 / 09 subsidized tax credit! Fortunately it's over!
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"