Calculation of a solar parabola: focus, curvature ...

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Re: Calculation of a solar parabola: focus, curvature ...

by Christophe » 11/06/20, 12:28

You can also read again the beginning of this subject, you would have found this link: https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... satellite/

I advise you to start with a star mesh to start ...
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/06/20, 13:54

Christophe wrote:Uh is the shape parabolic? I have a little doubt because any bowl is not parabolic ...

You can easily check if the curvature is parabolic with the technique I indicated in my previous message. : Idea: : Idea: : Idea:

on the other hand as explained above if we are not looking for a pretty well punctual focal point, we do not care a bit, any more or less spherical shape will already cause a concentration of the rays at a distance equal to half the radius of curvature (radius of the sphere as close as possible to the surface)
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/20, 14:35

Is that so ? Your lack of rigor on this one calls me knowing you ...

A sphere will waste most of the energy: theoretically only the rays arriving at the center (bottom of the sphere) will be reflected on the focal length = center of the sphere! Bad luck (no pun intended) it is at this level that we put the "collector" ...

So no a sphere does not allow to make a solar cooker!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 11/06/20, 16:24

Christophe wrote:Is that so ? Your lack of rigor on this one calls me knowing you ...

A sphere will waste most of the energy: theoretically only the rays arriving at the center (bottom of the sphere) will be reflected on the focal length = center of the sphere! Bad luck (no pun intended) it is at this level that we put the "collector" ...

So no a sphere does not allow to make a solar cooker!

if the focal spot is smaller than the size of your container, it does not matter: on the contrary it distributes the heat more evenly instead of concentrating it at one point, in the same way as a burner has several flames and not one. Finally, I imagine because I have never used such a device :).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Arthur b
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Arthur b » 11/06/20, 16:29

It's ok I got it !
After doing the test I got a result close to the curve of my dish but there is a few cm of offset, do I have to correct everything or else it can still work.
0 x
jmfrigerio
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jmfrigerio » 14/09/22, 18:53

Christophe wrote:To get a parabolic shape, you just have to flame (buckling, not burning, eh) the materials!

Naturally the flat profiles of homogeneous common materials take on a parabolic shape (as long as they do not enter the plastic strain at the most constrained pointss)! And the more you burn, the closer the home will be!

To obtain a linear dish, it suffices to compress any rectangle of a fairly thin and flexible material ....
To obtain a parabola, simply assemble X flamed slats in the same way ...

Hello,

I come back to this buckling, which intrigues me a lot, I admit.

Do I understand correctly if I say that by joining the 2 ends of say a concrete iron rod (diam 6mm) 3m long with a 2m cable I get a parabola?

Thank you for your lights
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/09/22, 20:08

approximately, yes.

A single curvature parabola (cylindrical-parabolic mirror).
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/09/22, 21:01

What knowledge! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/09/22, 21:45

In this regard, the least we can do is to be dazzling!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/22, 01:10

Remundo wrote:approximately, yes.

A single curvature parabola (cylindrical-parabolic mirror).

And a parabola made it an assembly at 60° of 6 (at least) of these elements by their center... : Oops:
0 x