Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Re: Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

by Christophe » 04/07/16, 23:51

... Moué capacity multiplied by 10, this is a very (too ??) pretty technological leap ... so I expect to see when it will be released and at what price?

The roadblocks will be many as it could upset the markets up!

ps: the fuel cell is also spoken in 20 years since ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/07/16, 08:36

Yes of course, but it is more promising than to liquid fuel based on hydrogen, even if it only happens 1000 Wh / kg standard, because the cycle is much shorter.
This is also why the fuel cell does not pierce.
The cumulative energy yields summaries of dihydrogen, compression or liquefaction are low.
Dihydrogen is not a primary energy source; it is an energy vector.

Nanotechnology is cross impassable barriers conventional. One may think that evolution will be quite fast. It is on the individual with his wrench and multimeter is rather dropped in this race forward.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/07/16, 19:16

izentrop wrote:Chatelot16, maintenance charging exists.

this is proof that the battery have loss

a lead battery can lose up to 10% of its total capacity in a month, you can of course offset by expense maintains ... but it's a storage bleed if the goal is to store the has been the winter: the lead battery are good at the scale of a month; and it's the only one I found a reasonable price

the chain of hydrogen electrolysis compression engine has a fairly poor performance, so worse that a battery short-term, but no additional loss if we want to retain an amount of energy of secour for year

a generator can be multifuel: methane and hydrogen gas, thus more versatile than a fuel cell which has hydrogen walk .... a hydrogen compressor can also be used for methane ... is the complicated and expensive equipment but can serve a multiple purpose
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/07/16, 11:31

The sodium-ion battery would yield 97%, with a lower cost because the technology is much simpler than the sodium-sulfur. Another more economical way for longer term: the sodium-ion in aqueous medium could offer a significant number of cycles at a particularly low cost. But for now, only the sodium ion in non-aqueous medium has sufficient technological maturity to bet on a battery development by 5 10 in years.
http://www.observatoire-energies-entrep ... uvelables/
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/07/16, 12:24

Great news that these sodium batteries. The price of salt that will make us battery € 15.- once the competition has done its work (although unfortunately for other competitors) : Cheesy:

So, electric vehicles will see their purchasing prices fall forward arrow.

Other likely benefits:
- No risk of explosion as cars with gasoline and lead-acid battery.
- Better safe handling (no corrosive acid that would sink by accident).
- Minor risks for the environment.
- Probably much lighter than anything we have known so far, therefore less energy loss constraint to transport the dead weight of the battery, charged via a loss in relative capacity to do this, and that should reduce much less the driving range.
- Easy recycling and the fact that is very stable salt (resulting from the finitude of chemical reactions ...).
- Which makes me think that there might be a regeneration system to the key, or better yet, we would be refilling its battery while the envelope would just recorded (or exchange / rotation system like glass empty bottles).
- Great news for emerging countries, which often are greatly deprived of advanced technologies, because of price and maintenance. Here the costs are extremely filed down.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/07/16, 16:33

Each year, the center for research and development of deposits between Saft Bordeaux 6 and 16 patents. Currently he is working on two technologies of the future. Sodium ion, which has the advantage of reducing the cost of the battery, but does not increase performance. And lithium sulfur, which can double the energy density, and seems ideal for the space market.

But their price suggests they are not yet ready to come on our cars. Thus, be aware that Bolloré Bluecar use battery technology, which dates 1990 years ...
http://www.sudouest.fr/2016/03/18/saft- ... 57-705.php
0 x
jolvil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jolvil » 06/09/17, 23:13

If you want to switch to the practice of solar hydrogen production, I invite you to join the Hydrogen group Now on Facebook. Clément Boury shares his experiments in self-construction for the production of hydrogen in electrolysis from photovoltaic sensors. It is exciting and it shows that it becomes very possible!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1669937283254176/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/17, 23:59

And for those who are not on facebook? Because there are still ...
0 x
jolvil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jolvil » 07/09/17, 19:13

I do not advertise for Facebook, far from it, I will be rather refractory but Clément has chosen this way to communicate, there are also people who do not have Internet, those who do not have computers, those who have no electricity and I am really sorry for them who will not have access to this valuable information. Do not take my remark wrong. : Mrgreen: The important thing is to share the experience of this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1669937283254176/
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 23/02/18, 16:39

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:What for hydrogen? To date, there is no truly cost effective solution for reuse.
The only "profitable" use of H2 is space :)

The situation is starting to change; in Belgium, will be operational this year a reversible fuel cell.

After having made my old habitat with positive energy (water, electricity and heating), I have the project to get rid of the electricity distribution network thanks to the autonomy that would provide a reversible hydrogen fuel cell.

Details of this project (Your suggestions are welcome)
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).