Solar: Jean Luc Perrier, solar hydrogen production

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/02/06, 11:26

For the book, I went to the site and asked => here is the answer:

** Result values ​​**
Since: jean .....
Name: L ...... Jean
Phone:
Region: 63
Subject: JL Perrier's book
Comments: Is it possible to obtain JL Perrier's book?
At what price? Thank you.

It is no longer commercially available.
But I don't know if the person
who bought the stock still has some
and under what conditions.
I'll find out, but don't be in a hurry.
--
You family
St Philbert en Mauges
personal website -> http://m.you.free.fr
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/06, 12:03

Super thank you Jean63 for this investigative work : Wink:
0 x
vincent27
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vincent27 » 12/02/06, 12:18

I have to mix the Forum : Remark already made previously on solar hydrogen:
We recover solar energy
- to make steam,
- to make mechanical energy
- to make electricity
- to make hydrogen
- to make mechanical energy

yield * yield * yield * ...
I think there must not be much left in the end compared to the system implemented.

Do not forget to deal with energy problems in a global way, including the energy to produce and deliver the necessary equipment for the production of electricity ....

The simpler it is, the more profitable it is, the less maintenance there is to do, the less polluting it is to produce, ...
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 12/02/06, 14:21

JL perrier hoped to recover all possible energy from his sensor without wasting a single drop, the very fact of concentrating energy limits losses
the collector at home can be smaller and more efficient and the square meter of mirror is much cheaper than the square meter of high-tech solar collector (vacuum of selective surfaces ect ...) the collector at home made less 1m2 and recover the trifle of 50kw it could easily go up to more than 1000 ° and melt glass wool for example
he had built his heliostat mainly to prove that it was possible for a good handyman to become energy independent and also to be able to carry out various experiments at high temperature

its heliostat was multifunctional and fuel fabrication was only one aspect of its possibilities.

for the example which interests us the yield was:

50kw x steam turbine efficiency x alternator efficiency x electrolysis efficiency (it reached 90% efficiency for electolysis!)

which gives us 50 x 0.6 x 0.8 x 0.9 = 21.6 kWh, the equivalent of 2 liters of fuel in 1 hour!
two beautiful 10-hour days and his simca 1000 had the equivalent of 1 full of 40 liters of fuel!
to do the same with rapeseed or sugar beet he needed at least 1 hectare of land
there he used 100 square meter or 100 times less!
for applications of this type the yield does not care a little what matters is the initial investment, what we recover in energy and maintenance cost
and what is priceless! protecting our good old earth

in a badly sunny region (800 hours per year) we can hope with a similar sensor 1600 liters of fuel per year or 133 liters per month

or around 1500 euros saved per year
in a well sunny area (2400 hours) the sensor is absorbed 3 times faster

the application or heliostat of JL Perrier was the most efficient it was the direct heating of the water at low temperature (lower than 100 °) the the output was minimum doubled compared to the fuel production

Anyway as he said himself an individual did not need such power
for domestic hot water for example (a 200 liter tank requiring 10 to 20 kwh) a small concentrator of 2 to 4 m2 is more than enough to be autonomous ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/06, 15:02

vincent27 wrote:yield * yield * yield * ...
I think there must not be much left in the end compared to the system implemented.

I agree but I add a downside: if you start from a "free" energy, the sun in this case, the notion of yield is much less important than starting from non-renewable energy. For example, the efficiency of the well to the oil engine is of the order of 70% (30% loss = cost of extraction, refining and distribution, oil wars NOT INCLUDED), with an average engine efficiency of 25%, the final efficiency from the well to the wheel is 0.7 * 0.25 * 0.85 (transmission losses) = approximately 15%.
It is also very weak.

The same calculation can be done for electric cars and it is in the same order of magnitude despite an on-board engine which has 90% efficiency (the majority of the losses being at the nuclear power plant which have a efficiency of 35% and line losses during transport)

Let's go back to Perrier: the notion of yield doesn't matter to me.
Indeed, it suffices to slightly increase the original power (collection surface) to increase the final useful energy.

But obviously the concept of yield must be taken into account for a profitability calculation (but hey as long as we take into account the indirect cost of oil, the calculation is biased ...)

In the case of perrier, let's make a summary calculation:

1) The needs:

1 an actual car must consume on average and around 0,7 kWh to travel 1 km. (Consumption = 7L / 100 or 70 kwh)

2) The deposit:

1 m2 = roughly 1 kw during a good sunshine in our latitudes. To obtain the hours per year in France: http://www.ciele.org/ecologie/cartesolgrande.JPG

Even better here are the kwh / an.m2:

https://www.econologie.com/carte-france- ... -gisement/

We see on the second map that the average in metropolitan France is around 2 kwh / m1300.year

3) Application to Perrier technology

Suppose a hydrogen production / storage efficiency (ie from the panel to the engine) of 10% (the reality is probably slightly higher). Each m2 would therefore give, on average in France, 130 kWh / year in the form of hydrogen.

Enough to cover: 130 / 0,7 = 185 km.
It would take approximately 100 m2 per car to reach energy efficiency. It is not small but far from being impossible! We understand better the disinterest of the authorities : Cry:

When do we start a prototype? :)

Especially since this technology could be coupled with that of minto (see meyer!) To increase the 10% yield!
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 06 / 07, 17: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
vincent27
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vincent27 » 12/02/06, 15:55

I'm going right now .... But I'm still waiting for my quote from R123.

It is true that I exaggerated a little by speaking about output in these terms, I simply wanted to recall that in an energy system, it is also necessary to take into account this fact:

It is not necessary that, under the pretext of home energy autonomy, shift more than the gain of pollution towards the companies which manufacture the goods necessary for this energy production.

It may not be the forum which best illustrates these thoughts, but I want to always remain attentive to this point:

My example is not valid, but just to illustrate: if it is necessary for a wind turbine which produces 500 W
- 10 hours of a crane to set up
- Industrial production of an alternator
- The truck to transport it
- wear of the corresponding road or excess infrastructure for this transport,
- synthetic resin for the blades
- bearings
- fat
- Electricity for lighting and the designer's computer,
- Heating the workshop so that the resins set,
- Etc.

and that the life of the wind turbine is 6 months without maintenance and before it falls for an X or Y reason ...

We must continue to work on less polluting means of producing energy, but I think we must also think about this whole way of life.

So live DIY, recovery and simplicity for our tests but do not throw the hot potato to others by giving good conscience.
Nice theory when I need R123 to test. Our world is only a paradox.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 12/02/06, 16:58

nonoLeRobot wrote:[...] By cons that makes me think of a question. Why hydrogen vehicles are based on batteries (which we do not yet know how to manage) rather than conventional explosion vehicles like LPG. Pb of returns I imagine or feasibility.
BMW swears by hydrogen-powered vehicles with internal combustion engines. They started quite a long time ago, but they have produced some rolling demonstrators in recent years.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/06, 20:29

Woodcutter wrote:BMW swears by hydrogen-powered vehicles with internal combustion engines. They started quite a long time ago, but they have produced some rolling demonstrators in recent years.

More than 20 years ago precisely ... but heat pump or engine the problem of supplying H2 remains the same ... then the heat pumps have a CONSTANT efficiency higher than the combustion engine which is infinitely cheaper by against...

vincent27 wrote:and that the life of the wind turbine is 6 months without maintenance and before it falls for an X or Y reason ...

I understand your example and I defend it but beware, I have never defended the wind turbines ...
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 06 / 07, 17: 54, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/06, 11:02

vincent27 wrote:Nice theory when I need R123 to test. Our world is only a paradox.

Considering what the industrialists allow themselves with fridge gases, it is especially important that this aspect does not block you.

On this subject I had read a theory (in the book "the green imposture") like what the hole in the controversy of the hole in the ozone layer (widely relayed by Greenpeace and WWF ... while it is proven that the hole is a cyclical phenomenon although favored by certain chemical compounds) came out when the patents protecting the "ozone layer destroying" fluids fell into the public domain.

What to ask questions not? :|
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 15/02/06, 02:51

pity he lived a few miles from home this guy I could see her and his good man too.

a friend has another different press article I try to have it but he forgets it every time.

otherwise for information his widow seeing another recent article on water engines (end of year 2005, in November to be preci) would have given all the notes of her husband (several books) !!!!!!!!! !!!!

I am really sick, she makes mistakes she did without wanting to. they fell into the wrong hands. it's hard for me, some will understand.
0 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate