Recycle buried oil tank thermal buffer

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Recycle buried oil tank thermal buffer

by dede2002 » 16/10/13, 12:29

Hello : Cheesy: ,

The cubic tank 6000 liters, she is buried in sand near the house.

When I change my energy, it will not be used for anything. There are even some who told me that it was necessary to leave (at great expense) otherwise it would go out alone, too funny ...

My idea is to fill it with captive water (additive used grease fat ...), and build a heat exchanger connected to my installation.

There is a big manhole and I already have volunteers to go down and clean up.

---

Frequently Asked Questions:

Will steel resist water?

Will the sand behave in isolation, or in additional thermal storage?

A soft pouch filled with water inside, with insulation around, is it a good idea?

What are the other problems that I did not think about?

A+
1 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 16/10/13, 13:09

I think you should not put anything other than water for reasons of potential soil pollution.
these steel tanks always end up piercing. standards on fuel tanks have changed.
besides, it's true that you have to fill it with something anyway if you do not want it to go back on its own.
personally, I had it cleaned, degrease and pass a layer of epoxy paint inside and it serves me as a water reserve.
0 x
Click my signature
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 16/10/13, 13:18

Yep I also thought about this possible use.

The parenthesis is related to another subject of the forum.

Otherwise, I think of captive water.

And the sand around the cistern ????
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/10/13, 13:18

a tank of oil rust miserably when you put rain water ... except by putting very good paint

for thermal buffer if the water is not renewed it is like a central heating, when the water has lost all its oxygen there is not too much corrosion: we can even put an anti-corrosion additive

sand or other soil is not insulating: storing heat will be a waste

I rather see a tank as a good point of contact with the ground: good to connect a heat pump that will find a temperature never too low

to send low temperature heat of solar collector? why not to increase slightly the temperature of the tank and improve the coop of the heat pump ... but increase the temperature of the tank so that it is used for direct heating I do not believe
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 16/10/13, 13:22

For the interchanges, since we can go down inside, we could connect several demolition radiators (big heavy and thick) installed inside the tank (immersed).
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 16/10/13, 13:26

chatelot16 wrote:a tank of oil rust miserably when you put rain water ... except by putting very good paint
temperature of the tank so that it is used for direct heating I do not believe it

I thought of the preheating ecs between season, just to put a little more panels on the roof and store in summer.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 16/10/13, 13:35

The sand that surrounds the tank, it is on one side against the foundations (wall of the cellar), below to more than 2 or 3 m. from the surface, on the top I could isolate.

Since initially my only investment would be the manufacture of heat exchangers, and the increase of the surface of panels, that can be interesting ...?

Being understood that if I submit my idea is good to study all yours :P
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/10/13, 14:05

for me it can only serve as a warm source for a heat pump

if you already have solar panels, you can always swing all the heat available to see if the temperature goes up or if everything is lost in the ground

you do not have to worry about heat exchangers before you know what it will do: circulate the water directly between the tank and the solar panel, with a little antifreeze that serves as anti-corrosion

especially no vegetable oil that has no anti-corrosion effect, and would be even worse than nothing while rotting
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 16/10/13, 14:09

I do not have solar panels yet.

I'm trying to figure out how I could use the largest area possible while remaining economically profitable, knowing that I am a Taliban in direct recycling.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 17/10/13, 13:10

It could at first serve as an overheating radiator, because if I want hot water for 4 families between seasons, I will have too much heat in the summer.

With an exchanger connected to the circuit with permanent anti-freeze sensors, which will be used only in case of surplus, to limit the temperature of the sensors.

After, we can study how to recover heat, and what is the thermal inertia.

An insulating screed above would be feasible.
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"