Recycle buried oil tank thermal buffer

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Recycle an oil tank buried in thermal buffer

by lilian07 » 30/06/18, 09:17

Ok saw for the error I had understood that it was 6000 liters and I confirm the analysis with 6000 liters. If this tank is close to your house (ideally between 4 and 6m) it is even better you isolate the top 60 0 cm level and you use this tank as a heater / gel regulator at first. You can simplify and oversize your solar thermal system. Then you have the possibility to evolve to a more perforating system of solar heating by mid-season thermal storage framing the losses by a soil exchanger by small wells made by manual or thermal tare according to the soil and the configuration of your land. 6000 is already an interesting buffer for solar energy.
0 x
foudeforet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by foudeforet » 01/07/18, 16:54

from2002,
I reassure you, my tank is empty since 30ans, and she did not move! It was not declared and I played the hidden defect to make it empty 100l last liter and have it cleaned (black but declaring to the canton).
In Valais, I'm in the rules (I live there).
In the canton of Vaud, it should be filled with sand to avoid, the day it collapses, to have a huge hole in the garden.
In Geneva, I do not know.

According to my research (and Sebasol), do not spend money to do something. Better to put money elsewhere. You can make a wine cellar (by putting a ventilation in place).

My tank is at 1m from home, but I isolated the buried wall up to the foundation with XPS 20cm. I do not risk that the heat of the tank warms the house, or possibly with a significant phase shift.

Lilian07,
6000l or even 6000m3, buried, not isolated, horizontally is not "efficient mass storage" (the term "efficient" is wrong). Look at the Jenni, with 100 liters, that's efficient.

But as you say, I can use it as a thermal mass of the house. Maybe use it to heat a few days in the autonomous (avoid making a flambé)? More likely to use it as a good Canadian well in the fall with a temperature of 20 ° C.
I have a Canadian hydro well anyway on the other side of the house.

But I must finish my house (with high performance isolation), fired the cap and put solar collectors before playing with my tank!

fdf
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 07/07/18, 08:26

On the contrary, I find that a buried tank of 6000 liters is a very good exchanger for solar thermal, it allows to double the number of panels without worrying about the major problem of overheating and freezing.
Moreover a simple heat exchanger in this tank would make big savings on the ECS but also on the whole cold water part of the network which could be preheated not to enter 7 ° in the water network which is then heat with resistances (hot water, washing machine, dishwasher ...).
Saving economy 80%, saving washing machine 50%, saving dishwasher 50% ... If an ACT exists in place of a VMC then the savings are even greater.
The system is simple to implement, some connections and PER.
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"