Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by A.D. 44 » 08/09/22, 22:46

Christophe, I come back to this again...

You are not afraid (of clogging) of clogging your exchangers with this product?!?
1 x
Christophe

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by Christophe » 09/09/22, 01:21

No chance of fouling? Isn't 1 or 2 mm of LHM on the surface of the buffer on exchangers 1000 mm deep that will foul anything? Or ???

And the water is pumped from 3 m deep in the buffer...if you were talking about the solar collectors?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/09/22, 06:34

Come on, I'll be nice to you....

Buy a concrete manhole and do the water plus lhm test...before throwing it into your underground pool
2 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/09/22, 07:51

I haven't followed everything, but I really don't see the point of this layer of vapor barrier oil.

If there is evaporation loss, it's probably because the top of your pad isn't waterproof.
Is there an effective vapor barrier, without leakage, under the insulation of the upper part of your "buffer"?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/22, 12:09

Macro wrote:Come on, I'll be nice to you....

Buy a concrete manhole and do the water plus lhm test...before throwing it into your underground pool

Yes it is planned and I have concrete stuff for that...but the problem is that I also have to simulate the casing.

I found old two-component Sika products but they have been outdated for 20 years... and given their current prices, it's expensive for a test...

Or do I try with the expired ones? : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/22, 12:10

izentrop wrote:I haven't followed everything, but I really don't see the point of this layer of vapor barrier oil.

If there is evaporation loss, it's probably because the top of your pad isn't waterproof.
Is there an effective vapor barrier, without leakage, under the insulation of the upper part of your "buffer"?

Answers in photo here (it already dates from 2007): Solar-thermal / thermal-solar-buffer-optimization-and-repair-t4517.html

No, it's not 100.00% waterproof, I assume... even after my interventions (but before, before the gaping holes, it was a disaster...)
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 16/01/23, 06:36

This stamp is crazy!
I will find out a bit about water-based epoxy (the thinner is water) if that happens, it would go into the cracks on its own and freeze.
Otherwise, more conventionally, you lower the water level a little to make a layer of water-based epoxy on the upper part of the tank so that the oil or the candle wax will not be able to get too much into your concrete, or else some kind waxed concrete : Mrgreen:
At least the paraffin burns well if you ever have to clean up the carnage later
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/23, 13:33

I assure you it is waterproof on the hydraulic part, I was talking about the airtightness of the aerial part (air saturated with humidity)...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/01/23, 21:01

I haven't reread everything. But if you were ever trying to keep that buffer under pressure. You would considerably limit the evaporation. This technique was used on gas tanks in the last century...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/23, 00:34

Impossible macro…it's not pressure-tight + RoW??

How much pressure should you put on the fuel?

What do we do now?
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"