Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/09/21, 01:32

Yes, yes, the .pdf, the standards, coughed ...... I just know that by pouring on my fake tank, it ate the paint and deconstructed the plastic material (to be discarded, therefore), that the use of this dangerous product is done in an airtight space, that your tank is not, that it is your life and that you do what you want with it. : Wink:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by Macro » 14/09/21, 06:58

Do you have a motorbike that lhm Guy needed? the LHM is used rather for the citroen balls
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/09/21, 13:10

Macro wrote:Do you have a motorbike that lhm Guy needed? the LHM is used rather for the citroen balls

No no, I had a Xantia and I spilled a little while passing over the fuel tank cover.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 14:04

DOT3 and DOT4 (which must not be far from the LHM) it also attacks paints ... plastics I don't know ...

Hey, I haven't tested the DOT! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/09/21, 14:10

DOT mixes with water ... especially when it heats up ... This is why it must be changed regularly in the braking circuits ... And always with product from a sealed container. ..But I'll tell you like Guy ... It's your life you do what you want….
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/09/21, 14:13

Guy ... I said that because there is a motorcycle, equipped with a "tank cover" which uses LHM for its clutch .... Given the ultra confidential distribution of the machine and the type of machine…. It would have given me one more reason to come for a motorcycle ride with you… (that said, I no longer have this motorcycle)
Last edited by Macro the 14 / 09 / 21, 14: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 14:13

Oh yes, DOT liquids are shit!

The LHM is better!

Please Macro, can you decipher the .pdf that I posted above on the LHM and see if you really see any contraindications?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/09/21, 14:17

The contraindication Guy gave it to you ... And so did I. From the moment you throw a fucking fatty substance (vegetable or mineral) in your pool, it will stick to the concrete walls (porous by definition ) and you will never have the possibility of repairing a possible crack… What is more, these crap is toxic, non-degradable, polluting… It is you who sees
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 14:17

Macro wrote:Guy ... I said that because there is a motorcycle, equipped with a "tank cover" which uses LHM for its clutch .... Given the ultra confidential distribution of the machine and the type of machine…. It would have given me one more reason to come for a motorcycle ride with you… (that said, I no longer have this motorcycle)

I had an LHM can because Shimano also uses DOT for (some not all I think ...) of their hydraulic bicycle brakes ...

If you put DOT in it (which most people do who forget to check the internet or elsewhere), all the joints are gunned down in a few days ...these are therefore 2 very different products despite the same use!

I don't know why Shimano made this choice, but the fluid "made in Shimano for bikes" is sold 10 times more expensive in the L than the LHM ... ah that's the reason! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 14:19

Macro wrote:The contraindication Guy gave it to you ... And so did I. From the moment you throw a fucking fatty substance (vegetable or mineral) in your pool, it will stick to the concrete walls (porous by definition ) and you will never have the possibility of repairing a possible crack… What is more, these crap is toxic, non-degradable, polluting… It is you who sees

Cased concrete is no longer porous, eh, it has been "plasticized" ... but indeed if LHM attacks plastics it is dead!

Hence the interest in making a small model of a Sika mortar basin !!

I give you the link to the .pdf: https://www.hella-pagid.com/hellapagid/ ... HM_ENG.pdf

Come on peopled peel it ... you know you better than me about chemical crap! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"