Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by Christophe » 13/09/21, 23:54

Nothing is decided yet ... I just know that the LHM is the only product of this basic test to have really blocked evaporation with 1 mm thickness ...

I remind you that it was at room temperature in a plastic bottle with a greenhouse effect under the solar radiation of this period ... we must now confirm that it works in a water bath at 60 ° C or more ...

After finding out about chemical incompatibilities: steel, aluminum, copper and cased concrete ... for metals I think they are found in Citroën's hydraulic circuits (to be checked) ... but for concrete ...

The LHM is 8 € per liter ... best price I found in a 1 L can ...

If I decide to make a layer of 2 mm I will therefore need 50L ... or 400 € ... so you have to be sure that it works and that it will not do any damage (even in the long term) ...

A lot of info on the LHM (it's less harmless than you might think ...)

https://www.hella-pagid.com/hellapagid/ ... HM_ENG.pdf
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by phil59 » 13/09/21, 23:55

It might be best to leave it like this ...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 00:00

The best is the enemy of the good I know ... but I like challenges and optimizing ...

For the LHM we can read:

Ecological information

12.1 Toxicity:

Acute toxicity to aquatic or soil organisms is expected to be low, however oil spills can smother and suffocate by preventing
passage of oxygen and water. Oil contamination can also foul and smother birds and marine animals.
Fish Based on knowledge and experience of similar products not expected to be toxic
Aquatic invertebrates Based on knowledge and experience of similar products not expected to be toxic

12.2 Persistence & Degradability

Product is expected to be inherently but not readily biodegradable based on its ingredients. Should not be admitted into bio-
logical waste treatment plants. The product is based on highly refined mineral oils that are considered stable to hydrolysis.
The product is considered stable in the presence of water.

12.3 Bioaccumulative Potential

Base oil hydrocarbons possibly accumulative. Log POW> 6.

12.4 Mobility in soil

Insoluble in water on which it floats. Does not evaporate from water or soil. Limited mobility in soil but some components
may penetrate the soil and cause groundwater pollution.

12.5 Results of PBT and vPvB assessment

Data not available

12.6 Other adverse effects

not relevant

IF Macro wants to decode certain things ... like LOG POW> 6?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 00:03

The rest of the properties also seem ok to me ... to check ...

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 00-02-57 HPBS_Veiligheidsinformatieblad_LHM_ENG pdf.png
Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 00-02-57 HPBS_Veiligheidsinformatieblad_LHM_ENG pdf.png (70.86 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
1 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 14/09/21, 00:54

Hello !

Interesting TP 8)
What type of LHM oil is it?
1 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 00:56

Hi Pascal, I don't know exactly ... "everything" must be in the .pdf above!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 14/09/21, 01:11

Apparently no oxidation and neutral with metals

Your only enemy the dust :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 14/09/21, 01:15

Dust ... and fumes? And the infiltrations? And the reactions with concrete? I would be paid that I would not use this stuff outside of its original destination!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 01:21

Capt_Maloche wrote:Apparently no oxidation and neutral with metals

Your only enemy the dust :D

Yes it seems quite a priori ... and there is not really dust under a closed concrete slab ...

On the other hand, a reaction would be possible with the concrete casing ... to be tested in TP too ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/21, 01:23

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Dust ... and fumes? And the infiltrations? And the reactions with concrete? I would be paid that I would not use this stuff outside of its original destination!

Yeah but you don't have any ass ... we all know it here : Mrgreen:

You have to read the pdf ... almost zero fumes (very high flash point and boiling point) and there is a concrete slab above ...

I'm going to mold a basin of sika concrete to do a test ...
2 x

Back to "Science and Technology"