The wonders of Nature

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Did67

Re: The wonders of Nature

by Did67 » 30/11/19, 18:12

No, no: I put on a few "sociological groups", which for x or y reasons, were against society, capitalism, dreamed of better, of something else and sometimes too much ... With no other link than a few examples which the time of writing this crossed my mind ...

My point was just that people against, and even rebels, there were at the time too ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 30/11/19, 18:17

Did67 wrote:No, no: I put on a few "sociological groups", which for x or y reasons, were against society, capitalism, dreamed of better, of something else and sometimes too much ... With no other link than a few examples which the time of writing this crossed my mind ...

My point was just that people against, and even rebels, there were at the time too ...

When we see that one man (Gandhi) has undermined the most powerful empire in the world, we can continue to dream of a "gentle" but effective revolution.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/11/19, 18:49

Grelinette, you write:
In short, although she is young, she is already on the royal and comfortable path that will lead her to be part of the future elite of untouchables and actors of our society ... and she teaches me that I have integrated a protest movement (extinction-rebellion), because it thinks that it cannot last any longer and does not want to be a link in this destructive chain of humanity, nature and the world.

It will be all the more comfortable for her (in terms of possible contradictions) as this movement with the high-sounding title is there only to make illusion and to extinguish… the genuinely emancipatory impulses by reorienting them in a "useful" way. As Macron who wishes to recover the voices of voters sensitized to these questions, it is a question here, instead of opposing the criticisms which rise in number, to satisfy them by giving them grain to grind to promote the mutations which will allow a once again the survival of capitalism. Thus, in a form different from the sixty-eight, but similarly in substance, this generation will exalt themselves in vain to promote what it condemns ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/11/19, 19:25

When we see that one man (Gandhi) has undermined the most powerful empire in the world, we can continue to dream of a "gentle" but effective revolution.
except that once the invader damaged, the Indians turned against each other, Hindus against Muslims, while the English maintained a relative "peace" between these two populations.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 30/11/19, 19:28

Janic wrote:
except that once the invader damaged, the Indians turned against each other, Hindus against Muslims, while the English maintained a relative "peace" between these two populations.

"Except that" is AFTER. In the meantime, one man has indeed undermined the most powerful empire in the world (I didn't say anything else). The fatal error is to have accepted the partition.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/11/19, 19:34

Without wishing to minimize the merit of GhandiI notice that his action comes at a time when the stage of pure colonialism was becoming obsolete as a system of exploitation and would give way to neo-colonialism ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 30/11/19, 19:37

Ahmed wrote:Without wishing to minimize the merit of GhandiI notice that his action comes at a time when the stage of pure colonialism was becoming obsolete as a system of exploitation and would give way to neo-colonialism ...

When you know the flexibility of the English ... it's still a performance. He was there in the right place at the right time.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/11/19, 19:42

"Except that" is AFTER. In the meantime, one man has indeed undermined the most powerful empire in the world (I didn't say anything else). The fatal error is to have accepted the partition.
except that he had no choice otherwise it would have led to a civil war with its numerous victims, which he absolutely wanted to avoid as a convinced pacifist ... because a vegetarian.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 30/11/19, 22:27

Janic wrote:
except that he had no choice otherwise it would have led to a civil war with its numerous victims, which he absolutely wanted to avoid as a convinced pacifist ... because a vegetarian.

Result of the races of the thousands of deaths and a brothel that still endures!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/12/19, 08:11

Result of the races of the thousands of deaths and a brothel that still endures!
which shows that even paved with good intentions, hell [*] always ends up triumphing. The pacifists dream of a better, idealized world, but the harsh reality always ends up imposing itself: that we live in a jungle where the main predator of humans is humans themselves.

[*] Not hell in the religious sense! :?
0 x