The rat would have more empathy than the modern man ...

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

The rat would have more empathy than the modern man ...

by Christophe » 12/12/11, 20:11

Intriguing study, the rat would have more empathy for its congeners than the man: this first prefers to help his fellows BEFORE or INSTEAD of taking a reward ...

Note all the more valid for men who are qualified as ... rats! Definition to review fissa so ... : Mrgreen:

All this should dedeleco I feel ... (that's my empathy ...)

Jean Decety's team at the University of Chicago, published in the journal Science, showed that rats had ingeniously released another rat, without any reward. Even better, these same rats (particularly the females) chose to release their fellow creature rather than devote themselves to opening a box containing chocolate, preferring to share the content later, rather than to grab the immediate profit.

Their primary motivation? amazing empathy.

Faced with a given problem, in this case the distress of another member of the species, it has been shown that the response of rats is not individual but above all social. It is by altruistically putting their personal interest after the general interest, through sharing and collaboration, that they resolve the difficulties, not considering assistantship as a defect but as a value protecting the group.

A plebiscite for 'the welfare state'.

This singular observation allows us to deduce that not only the feeling of empathy is not a character reserved for man, but that in these dark times of heightened competitiveness between individuals, of free and undistorted competition between peoples, Nicolas Baverez is much more stupid than a rat.

Because if in rats visibly, we trust collective intelligence more than low individual instincts to perpetuate race, in Milton Friedman's zealots, on the contrary alone, selfishness, the accumulation of wealth and immediate profit contribute to "a happy globalization", illustrated by this simple and bright axiom:

"It is by sacrificing the human species and the planet that we will work for the survival of the markets."

If, in the plague-stricken rat, the watchword seems to be "let's help each other" and in the neoliberal expert, "let's operate together", this logically allows us to deduce that on time Today, rodent society seems much more civilized than ours.

I will therefore thank you for validating this audacious hypothesis of enclosing Alain Minc in a labyrinth, forcing him to choose between his stock options and the redistribution of productivity gains. The observation of its behavior would be superfluous since we have known for a long time that this plagiarizing specimen whose essential argument consists in "everyone knows that" considers the losses as public and the profits as private.

So to conclude this brilliant analysis and answer the initial question, it suffices for us to reread this masterful quote from Pierre-André Taguieff

"Neo-liberalism is the last name for the devil among" neo-leftist demagogues ".

Have we become more stupid than rats?

If it is always dangerous to generalize, it is probably not hazardous to say that Pierre-André Taguieff, YES !!!

Source: http://rue-affre.20minutes-blogs.fr/arc ... -rats.html

Other article: http://www.lefigaro.fr/sciences/2011/12 ... pathie.php
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/12/11, 20:39

To tell the truth, man when he is in society is closer to the rat than to the great anthropoid apes.

Henri Laborit said about it:"Man is like the rat, but what he has besides he does not use".

Rats when there are too many of them are one of the few species that can kill each other.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 12/12/11, 21:05

Rats do not speak and therefore are less deceitful.

Ravens and jays are much more deceitful and concealers with soft blows, (it is essential to their survival to hide the seeds), much more than dogs (studies on google).
They eat my fruits, rather hidden from the others, and they are more gifted than me to see and not to miss the hidden fruits right walls !! Terrifying !!!

The monkeys are very close to us with the possibility of at least very advanced sign language, with an almost identical hierarchy !!

read the book :
These great apes who lead us
by Marie Muzard,
Ethnology of power in business.
Albin Michel in 1993
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 13/12/11, 08:04

Hello,
Here is an experiment with rats.
She has been known for a long time.
What a similarity with men.
http://www.bernardwerber.com/blog/index.php?article=70
It's a short video.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 13/12/11, 08:08

And here, in this link, we exclude any similarity with human beings.
http://mel.vadeker.net/evenementiel/rat ... ciale.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/12/11, 08:51

Other older experiments, of which I unfortunately do not have the reference, report "voluntary limitation" and increased aggressiveness against congeners (rats) when food is scarce and the population density (of rats ) exceeds a certain threshold.

Unfortunately, we are there for the human species: 5 to 6 billion extra humans on this planet.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/12/11, 13:07

elephant wrote:Other older experiments, of which I unfortunately do not have the reference, report "voluntary limitation" and increased aggressiveness against congeners (rats) when food is scarce and the population density (of rats ) exceeds a certain threshold.

Unfortunately, we are there for the human species: 5 to 6 billion extra humans on this planet.

Right, moreover his research was carried out by H. Laborit in the late 60s.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/12/11, 19:55

About rodent intelligence and mutual aid:

My grandmother lived in the countryside, and there were mice in the house who came to help themselves in the kitchen. The poisoned wheat and the swatter not working, she makes a trap with a wooden stick balanced on the edge of the table, above a small piece of cheese, and below there is a basin with water to drown the gourmands.

The first night she catches (drowns) a mouse.
Score: Mouse 0 Mamy 1

Mamy starts editing every night to eradicate these mice. But surprise, very quickly the cheese disappears, the baguette is still in place and the bowl remains empty! No one in the house makes jokes about him (better not : Mrgreen: ) so ..... how does the cheese disappear?

To get to the bottom of it, one night she hides in a corner of the kitchen and observes without noise and without moving the trap on the table. After long minutes she sees two mice arriving. The first goes up on the end of the baguette to block it, while the second goes to get the end of cheese at the end of the rod above the vacuum and come back with !!!

Score: Mouse 1 Mamy 0 Game Over : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 13/12/11, 20:41

: Cheesy: +1 Fly,
But hey, if you look at the definition wiki, you can have empathy, and just look, without doing anything. (that's what I understand)
Empathy (from the ancient Greek ἐν, in, inside and πάθoς, suffering, which is experienced) is a complex notion denoting the mechanism by which an individual (an animal in the field of ethology) can "understand »The feelings and emotions of another individual or, in a more general sense, his non-emotional mental states, such as his beliefs (it is then more specifically a question of" cognitive empathy ").

But I find that there is a huge resemblance between the experience of rats, and what happens at work.
Some do nothing, others suck the boss, others do all the work. In fact, this scenario happens when the chef has no neck ..... s
It seems to me that this is the current trend in a lot of large companies ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/12/11, 21:02

lejustemilieu wrote:But I find that there is a huge resemblance between the experience of rats, and what happens at work.
Some do nothing, others suck the boss, others do all the work. In fact, this scenario happens when the chef has no neck ..... s
It seems to me that this is the current trend in a lot of large companies ...

+1; The chef you describe (Eunuque model) is indeed very fashionable, he demands the impossible from those who do not know how to refuse / contradict by giving them maximum pressure. For those who have a little mouth, he politely asks and leaves them a royal peace. In all cases, this allows him to mount his minions against each other (divide to rule) to better impose ... his imposture.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132