Your smartphone (Google) is listening to you: experience of Aloe Vera and Dupontel's pétanque

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Re: “The Aloe Vera Experience” or how your google phone is bugged!

by Christophe » 13/10/19, 13:13

GuyGadebois wrote:I tried, but it did not work. No aloe vera in pub.

It is not aloe vera that you have to pronounce but a term related to a subject that you have never mentioned (a country, a technique, a kind of object ... it's up to you) ... you have to certainly repeat it many times ...

ps: it was not an ad but a non-sponsored video that appeared between the youtube results on the PS4 ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/19, 13:19

Forhorse wrote:Even if it's not impossible, it does not seem to be a reality ...

It was a reality, now I regret a little not having taken a picture of the screen PS4 ...

Forhorse wrote:I work at cattle rancher services, I always have my phone in the front pocket of my rib so very well placed to capture conversations, and yet I never have recommendations related to the recurring topics of my conversations professional.

Maybe because:
a) it is all too common
b) there is no advertising interest or marketing targeting on this topic?
c) your phone does not use the same version (I think it was android 8.0 at the time)

Forhorse wrote:By cons I never use voice search, it can play ...

Me neither ... well if but without my knowledge! ahhahaha

Forhorse wrote:In any case, somewhere the phone must necessarily listen constantly since to react to the famous "ok google" the microphone must be connected ...

Yes except that I have never configured it ...

ps: I said that I saw this experience once, months ago, and very blatantly on the spot ... I will try to reproduce it with the current config ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/19, 13:22

Grelinette wrote:And then they understood that it was their smartphones that betrayed them, even extinct!

I have a hard time believing it ... some must confuse standby and off ...

Facebook has admitted that his listening continues on standby (ie screen off, portable physically immobile ...) ..

But an extinct phone (= equivalent to the removed battery) no longer has any energy so can not have any activity ... or so I missed something very important at school! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/19, 13:26

Grelinette wrote:.. and I add, it's my paranoid side that speaks ... now I'm purposely doing research on anything and everything to scramble the tracks and (try to) jerk Facebook, Google and other GAFAM! :P :P :P

Not sure it works, but maybe the maxim Too much info kills info can bring some counter-power?

It happens to me too ... But I doubt that 1% of the searches can weigh ....

Grelinette wrote:By the way, did you search on the internet: "econology comes from extraterrestrials" ?

You will see it is surprising! : Shock: (It's here)

(Sorry Christophe to glue you at once this label of alien mission on Earth :? , But it's for a good cause ! : Cheesy:)

Ah ah ah! The 3ieme result is interesting, very: https://www.econologie.com/ile-paques-ressources/ : Cheesy:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 13/10/19, 18:39

Christophe wrote:
Grelinette wrote:And then they understood that it was their smartphones that betrayed them, even extinct!

I have a hard time believing it ... some must confuse standby and off ...

Facebook has admitted that his listening continues on standby (ie screen off, portable physically immobile ...) ..

But an extinct phone (= equivalent to the removed battery) no longer has any energy so can not have any activity ... or so I missed something very important at school! : Mrgreen:

Rhôôôô Christophe, how can you be so naive?
In electronics, as in computer science, you can do everything: switch on and off remotely, activate and deactivate software, etc.
I even remember, there are at least 20 years, that small genius hackers explained that you could already remotely turn on an off-the-shelf computer.

Turning off a smartphone is not the same as taking off the battery: turning off is a software action, removing the battery and mechanical action. Even off, there are apps that turn, if only the clock.

So a smartphone off ... and it still works!
And I imagine that the manufacturers are smart enough to provide gateways to access the portable electronics of the population, and there is even a small stealthed condenser that can provide the necessary energy to allow a discreet access! ... Do not you think so?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/19, 19:47

Excuse me for my naivety but turn on and off is not really the same thing ...
And a phone off because its battery is flat is not likely to be turned on remotely ...

The clock of the telephones is stalled on the waiters of time internet there is no pile of time as on the (old) PC ... after a prolonged stop or a change of battery, the time at the boot is not more on time ... until he connects to the internet.

Otherwise in terms of other abuse there is the wifi sniff: my Samsung S8 detects Wifi networks ... when the Wifi is "supposedly" OFF ... it is good! So the wifi is always ON, when you turn it OFF, the data exchange is simply blocked ... : Cheesy:

Ditto for geolocation, it has been a while since the "user" instruction is no longer respected! Viber geolocated me when the "GPS / software localization" was OFF and this on a phone from ... 2012 ... So the abuses do not date from yesterday! : Cheesy:

Meanwhile Europe is pissing all small webmasters with respect for privacy ... it's really funny! : Mrgreen:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 13/10/19, 20:04

On my smartphone, when the wifi is "off", it is "off".
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/19, 20:10

Yes on the old ones yes .. But on the S8 (released at the end of 2017) it is "moderately" OFF : Mrgreen: since it notifies you when it detects a nearby wifi network ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 13/10/19, 20:42

GuyGadebois wrote:On my smartphone, when the wifi is "off", it is "off".

No not You GuyGadebois You're not going to tell me that you're as naïve as Christophe ? :P

Just because it's marked Off doesn't mean it's really Off. No more than when it is marked "Safe" on a box of glyphosate, it is really safe! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 13/10/19, 21:01

Grelinette wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:On my smartphone, when the wifi is "off", it is "off".

No not You GuyGadebois You're not going to tell me that you're as naïve as Christophe ? :P

Just because it's marked Off doesn't mean it's really Off. No more than when it is marked "Safe" on a box of glyphosate, it is really safe! : Mrgreen:

Yes, it is "off", unless it connects to my neighbor's wifi which is 100m away ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "Science and Technology"