The evolution of biological species and chance ...

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The evolution of biological species and chance ...

by Janic » 02/02/22, 08:40

phil59 »01/02/22, 21:19
I didn't read the topic, when I saw more than 230 pages...
too bad since it was justly searched with a majority of views of professional evolutionists doubting the validity of the theory. A bit like the provaxx and novaxx debate. Doubt is the basis of science!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/02/22, 16:54

I start to read the last 2 pages, and when you see clio dacia debilex on it .... you say you're going to waste a lot of time reading only bullshit ... And too bad for the rest!
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 02/02/22, 18:09

phil59 »02/02/22, 17:54
I start to read the last 2 pages, and when you see clio dacia debilex on it .... you say you're going to waste a lot of time reading only bullshit ... And too bad for the rest!
it's almost like reading only a fourth of a page of a book to judge the value, the interest of it and there too it's a shame, especially from a priori.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/02/22, 18:56

Janic wrote:phil59 »02/02/22, 17:54
it's almost like reading only a fourth of a page of a book to judge the value, the interest of it and there too it's a shame, especially from a priori.

Sometimes it is enough to read the title and the author. Sometimes just the author is enough.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 02/02/22, 20:00

Sometimes it is enough to read the title and the author. Sometimes just the author is enough.
it is very correct! but usually it's because people have preconceptions or pre-conditioning against it. Or just indifference.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/02/22, 20:03

Janic wrote:
it is very correct! but usually it's because people have preconceptions or pre-conditioning against it. Or just indifference.

Yes, or when for the first time you read an author and after ten pages (or even less sometimes) the book falls from your hands, it hardly commits you to persevering with him.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 02/02/22, 20:21

guy
Yes, or when for the first time you read an author and after ten pages (or even less sometimes) the book falls from your hands, it hardly commits you to persevering with him.
that's right too! But when, personally, the subject interests me (not the author) I persevere so as not to limit myself to preconceived ideas precisely, linked to culture (for example) to education (school most of the time) so generally superficial.
And there, in particular, when it is of anti-religious and not scientific origin.
So when I had to read an AT+NT bible, it's the most boring book I've ever read, but I read it all, then studied, to find out what this popular book was all about. in the world and yet so little studied.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/02/22, 20:38

Yes, but I'm not talking about "technical" or purely religious or philosophical works where the style doesn't matter.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/02/22, 20:47

So we agree, sometimes it's better to take a real source than to read in a forum where there are insults between people of the forum and not a real debate, which can sometimes be strewn with some acceptable inappropriate messages.

In most posts here it's insults, which is a shame, and no exchange of ideas.

Forum or boxing ring? a moment, you will have to make a choice.

All this reminds me of 93-94 when I was retraining to change jobs.

A "guy" came to teach us how to make a CV.

The method, he was a headhunter, to teach us how to make a CV, was relatively simple.

He had published an advertisement for a well-defined position that he was to recruit.

Each had a dozen CVs and cover letters, and had to select a "candidate" for the interview.

The first, you read from "A" to "Z", and the more the CVs pass, the more you only "fly over", at the risk of missing the ideal application.

I think you understood the analogy, maybe not all ....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/02/22, 08:07

phil59 »02/02/22, 21:47
So we agree, sometimes it's better to take a real source than to read in a forum where there are insults between people of the forum and not a real debate, which can sometimes be strewn with some acceptable inappropriate messages.
quite right, going to the source is the best way to make up your own mind.
In most posts here it's insults, which is a shame, and no exchange of ideas.
That's recent and only about a few pain in the neck (according to their beloved leader!) who spread fake news and other lies. Reread the exchanges before these zigotos, the relations were and remain cordial with some despite the differences in points of view: Have you ever been insulted? : roll:
0 x