The death of the "small" Internet for the benefit of web 2.0 giants ...

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

Re: The death of the "small" Internet for the benefit of web 2.0 giants ...

by Christophe » 03/09/16, 10:33

The disappearance of the videos is not the issue here ...

The concern is that youtube will now set compensation criteria ... before it was just the number of views that allowed the compensation (it takes more than 1M view to be eligible I think)

In other words: if a video, even with millions of views, does not please the (fuzzy) google policy, it will no longer be remunerated ... so goodbye the remuneration on militant speeches criticizing power ... for example...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/09/16, 11:56

What is the question here? Do you know?

The pots of earth can continue to persist in bending the pots of iron there will be no more result.

And it is all the more scandalous that at the beginning Gogol was passed off as a "militant" site!

But what about the "small sites" which are sinking into their mistakes every day? With a pharaonic stubbornness for some => it is a great classic of marketing errors! I can give handfuls of examples of this ...

For a mass media such as the Internet, having no approach or strategy with the "going well" tactic produces - if not a colapse - a self-destructive effect which at best will not produce any effect. (with or without denial of the interested party (s): marketing is not their "shrink", it does not, nor in the "feelings", nor in"moral appreciation", we see that every day, even at the UN, I just had" an introduction "on a case, but it took ten years ...!).

In other words, if the internet does not report to a site what its admin (s) want (s) it is better to do something else or otherwise (and when I say something else it is totally), instead of lament. And as a minimum - instead of blaming "the system"that one cannot change - at least recognize that everything that has been undertaken has not produced the expected effects and therefore were errors that is the BASIS (while admitting that the factors that you describe could have aggravated the situation, these are not excuses ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/16, 12:19

Mouhahahaha how I do not feel targeted !!!! : Mrgreen:

And the very heavy trolls that destroy the atmosphere of a forum... did you take them into account?

For my part, the only error that I see: it is to have missed the check mark of the social networks ... hey very sorry not to have wanted to lowered my pants in front of the social networks whose only goal is to recover a max of information and making money with 2.0 slaves ...

Today you need a full-time person to manage the social (without it being profitable directly ... except for social networks of course) ...

For the rest, I think I have (for 1 year: look at what has been done) made the necessary updates and optimizations, but as you say: earthen pot against iron pot (iron it rusts ... but c 'is long long long ...) ... For example, it is difficult to fight against interests that pay people to do negative SEO or destroy the reputation of a site or the atmosphere of a forum... it's not paranoid it's clairvoyance : Cheesy:

Then Terra Eco and Enerzine (which went bankrupt this year) probably didn't follow your "good" advice either ... don't you think that they (since I don't know according to you) had a development strategy and marketing plans?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/09/16, 13:44

I will repeat it once more, a little more clearly if the previous times have gone unnoticed: we must not cry in public ... the discussions on the future of the forum should not be done in public ... it leaves too much trace which is harmful for the occasional reader who passes ... it provokes reactions of the kind what good is it to write in a forum who is likely to disappear because he is out of breath financially

it is absolutely necessary a section not visible to the public, visible only to members motivated by the future of forum ... chosen by the administrator, whatever the criteria, it's up to him to choose

and of course the choice of the members admitted in this group does not even need to be visible ... not even like the moderators whose moderator status is clearly visible ... the status of member having access to the discussion section on the forum does not even need to be visible, so as not to interfere with the writing of content

in this limited framework we can say everything without negative effect on new and future readers

I have a lot of interesting things to say, but difficult to say in public because if it is read without understanding it can have negative effects, and yet it would be good to say it to reflect on the future

the problem is a forum who wants to discuss the ecological future of the world and where it is impossible to discuss the future of the forum ... the problem is the same in real life without internet: I know many people with whom I can easily discuss everything that is far away but with whom it is difficult to discuss their immediate practical problem: the first precaution to take is to speak only between 4 eyes, never with too many people, so that a contradiction is not annoying
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/16, 14:08

Sorry for my public honesty ... the goal was to raise awareness and try to find solutions ...

For private discussions, there are the MP ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/09/16, 18:33

Ah, well, no, I wasn't targeting your forum, because that's folded, I gave up. But since you bring this over and over again to a victim speech I find that indeed, it SEEMS a bit that you are looking for and always find justifications elsewhere.
► View Text

Without wishing to offend anyone, it is clear that I have never seen you often admit the slightest error (I specify, made by external advice of things that you had not seen, not resulting from your self-cogitations. centered) then correct the shot and go to the end. Besides, it's difficult and human, we all have a kind of challenging terrain within us, or whatever, but then it can have perverse effects and push us to act totally against common sense, pushed by I do not know what impulse (and I saw that in "off" Chatelot, then even there, that, I doubt that, but you can always try ...) If I intervene it is for a flagrant case: the intrusion of the ad last year then once the pill was over - the ad then became something to bear even for registered and logged in members - we are at an intrusiveness never seen before, with videos that start by themselves in the middle night and / or things that move constantly in the pages (several by pages and which prevent focusing on the content of the messages) in short then now even in the message editor: and all that I'm not there for nothing and I think that there is nothing more repulsive and that as it is gone if it continues, this site will not exist any more in a year or two .

And I don't want to get into a sterile debate to defend what I'm saying, because it's useless, we always come back to the same type of reaction, and it's a shame to see that the one who puts forward some hypothesis is immediately cataloged "ugly duckling who would like to put down the forum"Whether it is Chatelot, me or anyone who tells you, it's kifkif. We had a little supper.

When I made management errors in my projects, I often said to myself that my vision was perhaps truncated, because I saw too much "from the inside". But I tried to do as the experts who told me to do it had told me ... and it took incredible efforts because I couldn't see what I was doing, I had to navigate by sight and trust the co-pilots, but it paid off!

You never thought that your own limitations could possibly lead you to have a troubled vision of things, well if you think you are perfect ?!
► View Text
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/16, 21:19

Hey hop, Obamot continues the logorées without realistic foundation ...

Only, the reality of the current web is this: http://www.enerzine.com/14/19219+lavent ... e-la+.html

The Enerzine.com edition - daily energy - closes the WEB page ... after a decade of existence.

Like it was yesterday.

At the start, a simple idea: publish interesting information every day concerning the range of available energies (fossils, renewable, de-carbonaceous, etc.) with a transversal vision (habitat, transport, environment, technology).

Over the years, the audience has grown significantly, as has the Enerzine community. A high of 2,2 million cumulative visits was even reached at the end of 2013.

Over time, Enerzine has become closer to a news aggregator as there are now a number on the net. Because maintaining a long-term webzine in the competitive world of the web has become somewhat complex.

Indeed, the major national dailies generally all have an "Environment" theme with sometimes a section dedicated to energy. Then, the Google search engine via its news page brings very little visibility to medium-sized news sites.

But the audience is not everything.

The classic advertising model on the internet is running out of steam and is currently seeking to renew itself *. The income generated - necessary to maintain the webzine has become too uncertain, despite attempts to add additional services (job offers module, press releases platform, various partnerships, ...).

Nevertheless, this portal will have carried an ambition during a "brief history of time **", that of informing on a daily basis a readership concerned with a very specific field of energy.

(...)

CQFD!!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/09/16, 09:21

: Mrgreen: still in [personal "ON"] mode you really insist ^^

Christophe wrote:Hey hop, Obamot continues the logorées without realistic foundation ...

I agree with you on one point. Indeed there can be no realistic basis for all those who live on their cloud.

For the rest, please do not blame me if I do not comment in a point-by-point post (I have already given).
It is useless to preach in the desert ... so I let you conclude
► View Text

... oh yes, just one thing: in web 2.0 just like before, bad management can only be the cause of something, not the effect.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/09/16, 10:10

while we are at it, the same type of error is made by our rail transport authority (CFF)

SBB does not care what users think about train cleanliness. The objectives of their messages are quite different from what people think: trying to guess which ones ... But it is by taking people for idiots, that one goes into the wall.

2.png message

3.png message

SBB doesn't care what you think about cleanliness .png

... well, you reopened the shop ...! Here is at least a coherent gesture! Congratulations!
► View Text
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/09/16, 13:59

the shop is not open, but just its latest catalog put back online: it's a good idea! it avoids dead links in messages citing products from the shop

I would be delighted to talk about the old shop to prepare the next one ... but in the meantime it is a good thing to be able to compare the old closed shop to other internet merchants

there are not only the prices to compare, there are the inaformation on the product! an ecological sales site must make a precise information on the function of what is sold ... to be obliged to buy 1 to see the exact function is completely null: it is the problem of the energy meter: no site do not specify their behavior ... count only one way like the current EDF counter ... count and count like the old wheel counter ... count more whatever the sense like the counter I bought from bis electric and like a certain brenensthul from the econology shop

when i had talked about it on the subject in question, christophe kicked in touch with an answer like that, i can't know what's in all these products ... too bad, it's good information that makes the difference between aliexpress and a serious sales site

at aliexpress the product information is lamentable, but as it is 4 times or 10 times cheaper than in France and that the port is free we can do with ... without illusion because we can order once, receive a good product, and order another time and receive something else ....

with ali express you can only tinker in small quantities: it would be suicidal to rely on it for a professional activity
0 x