Sonoluminescence or Sonofusion

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/01/12, 21:46

Getting back to the shrimp (Alpheus heterochælis) how does it resist its own weapon?

This sound reaches 218 dB on transmission, to give an idea, the takeoff of the Ariane rocket produced a sound of 180 dB!
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/01/12, 01:29

A fine example of the evolution of living things, by eliminating those that do not resist sound and especially the corresponding efforts, over tens of thousands of years of coevolution !!!
In addition they probably have no ears, as in the past reptiles with their second jaw, rear, which by dint of feeling the sounds in the ground against their jaw, have become the bones of our mammalian ears.
0 x
PRACTICAL SPIRIT
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PRACTICAL SPIRIT » 08/01/12, 02:19

For the camera it's already done it's not ultra sophisticated material: (portable 5Mega Pixels) homemade optics for filming small objects, the photos are of good quality, the video can be a little less because of the MP4 encoding .Speed ​​is not necessary because the phenomenon is quite slow.

Before continuing I wanted to clarify that I did not think I was dealing with cold fusion or something in this sense but rather with a phenomenon of surface tension, capillarity ..., however I find that:

1 - a bubble should always rise to the surface if its density is lower in the middle where it is located, descend if it is denser and stay in the middle if and only if it has the same density (and which has no kinetic energy before) now these bubbles can only be ambient air entrained in the liquid therefore density always lower than that of the liquid THEN !!?

2 - a bubble cannot spontaneously be absorbed in a liquid or disappear unless it reaches the surface, which is not the case here.

The liquid consists of partially demineralized water and a tiny amount of sulfates.
I '' cultivate '' these crystals to make lenses which are crossed by light rays with a wavelength of around 10µm.

Projéthée , if you are interested in the '' culture '' of crystals you may find your happiness here:
amateurs
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/growingcr ... 012604.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_12061369_make-c ... tring.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_11367401_make-s ... -sand.html

Pros
http://www.innovent-jena.de/en/INNOVENT ... que__4853/

http://sapphire-technics.com/additional/technology/

http://www.semitech.us/products/CGSim/
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/01/12, 03:41

For bubbles, this is to be seen precisely, because ordinary flow turbulences are complex and very varied.
There can be entrainment, which can be strong near the bottom surface, electrostatic effect of the bubble surface (plastic bottle?), Surface tensions of the bubbles very sensitive to soaps on the surface, which can delay dissolutions ??, more or less brutal dissolution of the air, N2 and O2 ,, after waiting for nucleation of the dissolution or background without dissolved air ?? (test with water without dissolved air, boiled or well aerated), leaving the insoluble rare gases in the small bubble (likely)?, just for a few possible ideas.
As soon as one wants to study and understand, ordinary experiments become difficult to control the various parameters, residues on surfaces in surface tension, non-homogeneous dissolved air, etc.

The crystals are fun and very serious, easy like copper sulphate (glass forgotten for weeks) or very high performance, like crystallizing complex biological molecules, proteins, viruses, to obtain their structure.
0 x
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 08/01/12, 17:00

citro wrote:: arrowu: I was very interested at the time in these questions and this article fascinated me. :P

I found many points in common between this phenomenon and the work of Stanley Meyer or those (among others) of a "water car" equipped with a "Maser".

The "sonofusion" and "sonoluminescence" thermal baths appear to me to be incorrect but they represent the principle well. :?

The principle describes the Resonance of the water molecule. : Idea:
If this resonance does not take place at audible, therefore sound frequencies, the phenomena described are however comparable to the other known resonance phenomena on materials having much lower resonance frequencies.

You all know the glass that breaks at the sound of the singer's voice, the bridge that crumbles under the footsteps of a military troop paced ...

I even think that this phenomenon, well known to physicists, is largely underused by industry, or it could, for example, facilitate the shaping of materials by bending, stamping, sintering, ...

little up.
Me too :D
(Meyer, my intuition told me that the Faraday method had proven itself and did not inspire me much. On the other hand I was very "connected" to tesla, high voltages, high frequencies, etc. :P :P )
Of course, there are frequencies that allow you to change the state of matter but a new state implies new frequencies on which to agree to maintain the fusion process under control. Otherwise, the system also quickly returns to its lower energy state.
I believe that in this field, the only way to follow is that resonance makes it possible to reach an excited state more economically.
Why not combine several different sources, it is more energy brought to the system but if it allows to maintain 12 Mions of ° on 1 second it is really a lot of energy restored at best, wasted at worst. : Cheesy:
Why not ultrasonic cavitation as a plasma igniter assisted by an ion trap ( : Idea: ) resonant and out of phase to keep the bubble as long as possible in its most energetic state (the smallest); which will generate the most heat.
Why not search in very high frequency picosecond pulses to maintain dense plasma, why not in supercritical CO2?
Researchers who test and measure sometimes find things ... amazing.
Last edited by FPLM the 09 / 01 / 12, 10: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/01/12, 18:18

Citro said:

commonalities between this phenomenon and the works of Stanley Meyer

+ 1

I believe I wrote on my site, section hypotheses (but I think on the old lost version before February 2010) that it was not impossible that in a Meyer cell that works, a pinch between the tubes occurs which causes sonoluminescence.

Hence the importance of producing tuned tubes which will compress the intertube space in phase.
This intertube space must - in my opinion - be thin enough to prevent the overpressure from venting upwards, but large enough to allow the gas bubbles to rise

Meyer never mentioned SL in his hits, but it is not excluded that he did it on purpose :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/01/12, 19:14

With the word resonance, we must be careful not to mix everything without understanding the known and verified physical realities.

The resonance of a glass that breaks is mechanical like a tuning fork or an overly shaken bell that breaks.

Meyer is very vague, artistic blur, its resonance is not defined, physically, acoustically, mechanically, electrically, of the water molecule, etc., not respecting our scientific knowledge.

The water molecule has well-defined resonances at very very high frequencies, between microwaves and light, unrelated to Meyer.

Sonoluminescence is not a resonance but a collapse on itself of a bubble formed by cavitation, concentrating energy at a point, unrelated to other resonances.
Luminescence is associated with certain gases dissolved in water.
The word is very clean, sound, then cavitation, then flash light when the bubble disappears.

When you do not have a minimum of knowledge in physics, in a few vague words making a salad, you show that you do not know enough, and it is better read the basics on the internet and wikipedia before.

tuned tubes
means a mechanical resonance like a bell or a piano cord, which is not clear, because damped by water, with also a beautiful collection of possible modes (range of Khertz), and which does not have much relation with cavitation, it linked to turbulence and very large amplitudes of excessively rapid liquid movements, such as around a fast boat propeller, which then makes bubbles which demolish the boat propellers.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/01/12, 21:14

The resonance of the tubes is necessary to phase the nodes and the belly to create compression zones
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/01/12, 00:14

:? Thank you for this cropping dede.
It is worth remembering that sonoluminescence is an official term and recognized by the scientific community.

Furthermore, the cavitation phenomena associated with luminescence phenomena have also been known for almost a century after the discovery of the phenomenon on boat propellers.
0 x
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 09/01/12, 11:47

dedeleco wrote:The water molecule has well-defined resonances at very very high frequencies, between microwaves and light, unrelated to Meyer.
Sonoluminescence is not a resonance but a collapse on itself of a bubble formed by cavitation, concentrating energy at a point, unrelated to other resonances.

Be careful not to mix everything either dedeleco, either said without wanting to offend you.
The results of the experiment tend to think that beyond the electronic resonant modes (very high frequencies), there would exist "mechanical" resonant modes, in this case acoustic and at other frequencies ... And for good reason, the Electronic resonance applies to the level of the electron which must pass from one orbital to another (or be torn off), the distance being very short, the resonance frequencies are very high. Acoustic resonance is played on a more macroscopic scale, it applies to the level of the molecular assembly, the distances being greater, the frequencies are lower.
To say that Meyer is a precursor, I leave it to his defenders to prove it.
I never said that sonoluminescence was a resonance. : Shock:
I only say that the sonic excitation on the acoustic (and not electronic) resonance frequency of water creates extreme conditions (cavitation) which, during the collapse, strongly ionizes it and creates a plasma which, if it doesn’t is not maintained, quickly returns to its state of least energy: liquid water.

dedeleco wrote:Luminescence is associated with certain gases dissolved in water.
The word is very clean, sound, then cavitation, then flash light when the bubble disappears.

Not necessarily. The tests do not demonstrate that it is dissolved gas bubbles which fuel this reaction even if they participate in it. Water goes from liquid to gas when the pressure drops (but you already know that). When the first wavefront arrives (the slope up of the wave) the molecules in the center of the bubble expand strongly because the pressure drops suddenly. The water in the middle of the bubble goes from liquid (incompressible) to gaseous (compressible).
When the "mirror" wavefront arrives (the slope down of the wave), the conditions are suddenly reversed, the central molecules are easily compressible and compressed by the high pressure wave of the wave but also by the thrust. peripheral molecules that seek to relax (cool down).

So beware of hasty statements. Sonoluminescence is indeed a phenomenon linked to resonance. The bubble does not form elsewhere in the reactor ... Besides, it would be easy to size the reactor so that the length of the reactor tube corresponds to the resonance frequency of the water (easy since (we know the speed of sound in water) so as to create a standing wave (like in a laser).
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "

Malcolm X

Back to "Science and Technology"