Resurrecting the woolly mammoth: the crazy project that worries some scientists

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Resurrecting the woolly mammoth: the crazy project that worries some scientists

by Obamot » 22/09/21, 13:41

izentrop wrote: the animal that would see the light of day would therefore have DNA from mammoths combined with that of Asian elephants. […] If it amuses them, there is little chance that they will endure the vagaries of RC : Wink:
Ah so that was it RNAm "M" for "mymmouth ”, luckily you're there Izy, thanks to you I finally understood ...

And how is tammoth? : Cheesy:
0 x
Flytox

Re: Resurrecting the woolly mammoth: the crazy project that worries some scientists

by Flytox » 22/09/21, 20:16

izentrop wrote: the animal that would see the light of day would therefore have DNA from mammoths combined with that of Asian elephants. […] If it amuses them, there is little chance that they will endure the vagaries of RC

+1; Zimov's hypothesis is interesting in a number of ways. For Church and his "Mamoutage" (apart from ethics of course) .... there is a big problem, particularly in the timing.
Even if we put all our efforts into bringing this gene traffic to fruition, given the complexity of living things, there is little chance that everything will work the first time, it will take a few, many years of development, to verify that "the elemouth "is able to reproduce (age at least 15 years), that it reproduces enough to reach a viable herd size, which wants to trample as expected of it, from there to reach the herd sizes of which they speak ..... etc ... Here the permafrost will already be melted for a long time. All that's left is the pretext / alibi to manipulate living things ....
3 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/21, 20:44

good but to be very pragmatic ...

a few bulldozers powered by biofuel would easily do the job of these mammoths ...

for the rest, we still have a lot of large herbivores that we can implant.

once the big trees are felled, it's not that easy to rebuild a dense forest ...

personally, in my Arvernes, the deer injure, trample or bark small trees, and nurserymen and forest planters are obliged to protect young plants ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 22/09/21, 21:34

Christophe wrote:We show him what it's like to be biased with big idiots or not Remundo? : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Is it necessary to be vulgar and threatening? Or is it nature?
You two are biased, especially Remundo, and yes, you can do worse. To be content with partial moderation, because we can do worse, is really lacking in ambition. "Big assholes" is a very relative notion.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/21, 22:25

if you knew what you drunk me ...... Nihilo plague ... everywhere and for not much.

here I am giving you a warning to demonstrate my partiality and underline the greatness of your soul.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 22/09/21, 22:53

Remundo wrote:if you only knew what you drunk me ...

It is reciprocal.

"Victim of insults on a forum, file a complaint!
File a complaint for defamation or name-calling within three months of the first publication. An investigation can be opened and will make it possible to identify the author of the infringement (thanks in particular to the IP addresses provided by the hosts and the providers of Internet access).
Gather evidence (printed web page or bailiff's report).
Contact the person in charge of forum to inform him of the contentious remarks. He will remove them, because he is civilly and criminally responsible for all the messages published there.
"
https://www.dossierfamilial.com/vie-pra ... iv%C3%A9es

You think you have all the rights in your fiefdom, and you risk nothing or almost nothing, but not Christophe. Be aware that there are legal obligations when you manage a site like this. Failure to answer them is to take the risk of being convicted in court. I do not speak lightly, I already have experience of the matter, including a small gain in damages. And in terms of insults, slander and defamation, and a moderation so incomplete and complacent that today it goes as far as death threats, I think the threshold has been reached.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/21, 23:03

you see that with Christophe.

I don't remember insulting you, and I'm sure I never threatened to harm you.

here I am an assistant and volunteer moderator, and chatting with people like you doesn't really encourage you to continue.

at worst you will make it interesting because in one place someone called you an asshole.

And we will come to erase it ... Pais personally, I have something else to do than that for the moment ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 22/09/21, 23:22

Remundo wrote:you see that with Christophe.

I don't remember insulting you, and I'm sure I never threatened to harm you.

here I am an assistant and volunteer moderator, and chatting with people like you doesn't really encourage you to continue.

at worst you will make it interesting because in one place someone called you an asshole.

And we will come to erase it ... Pais personally, I have something else to do than that for the moment ...

I'm not accusing you of insulting me. But I accuse you of doing nothing when you know perfectly well that there are dozens or even hundreds of slanderous messages from Guigadebois against me or ABC or others, a lot of Janic too and a few others, and that this is the role of a moderator to eliminate them and prevent their return.
For me, you went astray, you do not have your place as moderator. You cannot be moderated by being judge and party.
Hell is paved with good intentions, and volunteering is not the skill of the one who engages in it
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/09/21, 23:31

All you have to do is fire you suddenly ... to see if you will go to court ... : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Obamot the 22 / 09 / 21, 23: 31, 1 edited once.
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/21, 23:31

Exnihiloest wrote:Hell is paved with good intentions, and volunteering is not the skill of the one who engages in it

you spend your life insulting yourself indeed.

any disagreement for you must end in fist fight forumesque ... for some, these are insults, but for others it is harassment whose courtesy and bad faith or arrogance are often worse than a few names of birds that fuse.

if you want we kick you all out, banned for life, including you? will be crowded ...

and what about the free vent offered here to paltoquets (I put the word because it is pretty) who are there so well despite the reciprocal outrages they inflict on their noble person ... safety valve of a society adrift and people who seek to pour their aggressiveness in one way or another, rightly or wrongly?

Tell me Champion, you wouldn't have called us stremedroate fascists here and there? Eh ?

Obamot even says that you would have had comments against these moths ... we could scan if necessary if you send Toff to the judge ... Do you have time and money to waste?
2 x

Back to "Science and Technology"