Release speed

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Release speed

by ABC2019 » 10/05/21, 18:15

Gildas wrote:We gravitate around the problem : Cheesy:

(2nd edition)

If a Mig takes off with oxidizer and fuel in order to leave Earth to go into space at an altitude of 1000km, why should it exceed the release (or orbit) speed ??

I answered the question, if it has fuel and oxidizer (but in this case it's called a rocket) it doesn't need to exceed the release speed (interplanetary probes never reached 40 km / h).

On the other hand, he needs to take enough fuel / oxidizer to escape the earth's pull, and for a Mig he does not have enough.

The condition on the release speed only exists at the point where you have to cut your motors: there yes, your speed must exceed the release speed at the point where you are (which is root (2GM / r) where r is the distance to the center of the earth.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 10/05/21, 18:30

ABC2019 wrote:

(2nd edition)

If a Mig takes off with oxidizer and fuel in order to leave Earth to go into space at an altitude of 1000km, why should it exceed the release (or orbit) speed ??

I answered the question, if it has fuel and oxidizer (but in this case it's called a rocket) it doesn't need to exceed the release speed (interplanetary probes have never reached 40 km / h) .
(...)

Impossible according to Wikipedia, The rocket with the probe will have to reach a speed of 40 km / h to leave Earth ...

Next : Cheesy:

What I'm trying to understand:

If he's at Mach1 or Mach 2 or 3, why won't he leave Earth ???
Will it advance more at 40m altitude? : Cheesy:
Last edited by gildas the 10 / 05 / 21, 18: 47, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/05/21, 18:47

The orbit of the International Space Station is 400km and you would like a MIG to reach 1'000km altitude : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

You would have to put too many “ifs” to answer you, already “if” your MIG had tanks big enough to carry enough fuel : Cheesy: (which will unfortunately hardly be possible),

Some figures on Space X / Falcon 9 and its ability to put satellites into orbit around the equatorial belt:

How fast does SpaceX rocket go mph?
high-altitude (91 km / 300,000 ft), very-high-velocity (approximately 2.0 km / s; 6,500 km / h; 4,100 mph; Mach 6) ballistic reentry, controlled-deceleration and controlled-descent tests of post-mission ( spent) Falcon 9 booster stages following a subset of Falcon 9 launches that began in 2013.

How fast does Falcon 9 accelerate?
about 5 m / s
At launch, the acceleration is easily calculated. Just divide total thrust by total mass - you can find these on the SpaceX site SpaceX - and subtract 9.81 m / s for Earth gravity pulling down. It comes out at about 5 m / s.

Last edited by Obamot the 10 / 05 / 21, 18: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 10/05/21, 18:51

Gildas wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

(2nd edition)

I answered the question, if it has fuel and oxidizer (but in this case it's called a rocket) it doesn't need to exceed the release speed (interplanetary probes have never reached 40 km / h) .
(...)

Impossible according to Wikipedia, The rocket with the probe will have to reach a speed of 40 km / h to leave Earth ...

I would be surprised if wikipedia said that, since it is false, do you have a link?

at 1000 km, the distance has increased by about 15%, so the release speed has decreased by about 7% (it's still close to 40 km / s but a little less, in the order of 000) . The further you cut the engines, the less speed you will have to reach to escape. As long as your engines are running you don't have a constraint on speed - just the mass of fuel you carry.
Last edited by ABC2019 the 10 / 05 / 21, 18: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/05/21, 18:53

(Tain, I had read: Speed ​​of libation ... Image)
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 10/05/21, 19:02

ABC2019 wrote:
Gildas wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:I answered the question, if it has fuel and oxidizer (but in this case it's called a rocket) it doesn't need to exceed the release speed (interplanetary probes have never reached 40 km / h) .
(...)

I would be surprised if wikipedia said that, since it is false, do you have a link?

(...)

For an object launched from the surface of the Earth, the speed of release allowing it to escape the Earth's attraction is 11,2 km / s (or 40 km / h).

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitesse_d ... 3%A9ration

That's what I'm trying to understand ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/05/21, 19:07

Do you want to go out so badly? : Shock:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/05/21, 19:09

ABC2019 wrote:
Gildas wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:I answered the question, if it has fuel and oxidizer (but in this case it's called a rocket) it doesn't need to exceed the release speed (interplanetary probes have never reached 40 km / h) .
(...)

at 1000 km, the distance has increased by about 15%, so the release speed has decreased by about 7% (it's still close to 40 km / s but a little less, in the order of 000) . The further you cut the engines, the less speed you will have to reach to escape. As long as your engines are running you don't have a constraint on speed - just the mass of fuel you carry.
You're sure? And only the mass of the fuel? What about the payload and the weight of the machine?

Honestly, we don't understand anything about what you write.

The speed of release is a speed of launch. That's all.
Without being too mistaken, it's a speed that depending on the total mass, ALLOWS to stop accelerating afterwards ...
So we CANNOT answer Gildas' question, since to do the calculation you have to have the TOTAL MASS of what he intends to “release” from the earth's attraction!

But I could be wrong : Lol: it's just that I don't understand what the “funny ones” say : Mrgreen:
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 10/05/21, 19:55

A priori it does not matter the mass of the object to be sent:

The rate of release is a scalar, not a vector quantity: it just specifies an amplitude, not a direction. An object which moves at the speed of release can escape the gravitational field whatever its initial direction (insofar as the trajectory does not meet the surface of the star). It does not depend either on the mass of the object, only on that of the star.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitesse_d ... 9ristiques
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/05/21, 20:05

If I understood correctly, once in orbit (28400 km / h) we go fast enough and gravity is weak enough to no longer need only (very?) Little energy to free ourselves from it and go into space *.

* “Space, border of infinity towards which our spaceship, the Enterprise travels. His five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, discover new lives, other civilizations and, regardless of danger, go where no man has gone before. ”
0 x