Which would take us an inexhaustible energy? Debate

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Which would take us an inexhaustible energy? Debate

by pluesy » 28/05/06, 15:17

we are a lot here to hope to discover a clean energy inexpensive and inexhaustible

some went to practical work with more or less happiness

the two processes which I think are the most popular are the meyer process (electolysis) and the pantone they would allow with little means to run all the engines 100% in water but for the moment apparently nobody here has succeeds in debridering these systems and matching the figures announced by the inventors

but dream a little and assume that one of us succeeds
by dint of perseverance to debride one of these system.

If this person exists, he would have two options if he wants to live a long time, keep it secret or spread excessively ...
if she chooses this last possibility I wonder what will happen ...

there are several possible scenarios is the first thing that comes to mind is that the planet would be cleaner and less polished

but the energy pollution is only part of the pollution and having free and inexhaustible energy would encourage little waste and the growth of industries that would plunder at high speed. plant and animal mining resources of the earth with even more power

the remedy would be perhaps worse than the evil in some way ...

What do you think ?
Last edited by pluesy the 28 / 05 / 06, 21: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 28/05/06, 16:25

Hello!

I don't think there will be any more cheap oil until I retire. So we will have to accept alternative energies.
In Dubai (Saudi Arabia) they are building everything to become the 1st tourist country in the world because they know that soon the oil will be exhausted.
As inexhaustible energy, I would rather think of the energy of the vacuum
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/05/06, 17:18

yep !! but how are we going to get there, if there is no more oil? : Cheesy:
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 28/05/06, 17:42

it is inevitable that petroleum will become more and more rare and more and more expensive

when man evolves he becomes more and more energy-consuming I thought that the exhaustion of oil could put things in their place and make man less tyrant with respect to his environment
but in my opinion if he manages to get past the brake that constitutes the exhaustion of oil, nothing will stop him in his expansionist and destructive madness ...

the future scares me if one day we discover a free energy and it falls into the wrong hands but maybe I am wrong to worry men can become wise ...
who will live vera ...
Prevention is better than cure...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 28/05/06, 18:27

bah! life is only a risk in the end, and what has to happen will happen in due time.
Personally, you don't care if you learn that a large asteroid may reach us on April 13, 2029, in 23 years what!
http://rayonsx.france2.fr/main.php3?id_article=205
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 28/05/06, 18:50

it is true that everything is relative ..

that the earth exists or that the universe does not exist does not care completely we are only a grain of dust in this immensity

It reminds me of the film Armaguedon where our debauchery of technology and the alliance of all countries allowed us to save the earth ...
technology at the service of the planet beautiful image! (the film is American!) except that in reality ... :?
0 x

[Albert Einstein]
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 31/05/06, 09:36

see the Meadows report here:

http://www.manicore.com/documentation/club_rome.html

conclusion: we're going to exhaust other resources very quickly. In almost all cases, there are too many of us on the planet and we will have to go to the cashier
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Where would an inexhaustible energy take us?

by Targol » 31/05/06, 10:05

pluesy wrote:but the energy pollution is only part of the pollution and having free and inexhaustible energy would encourage little waste and the growth of industries that would plunder at high speed. plant and animal mining resources of the earth with even more power

the remedy would be perhaps worse than the evil in some way ...

What do you think ?

I quite agree with this vision, the current pollution and the degradation of the ecosystem which accompanies it are the result of a planet (or at least of a certain number of its inhabitants) which drugs with the cheap energy.

Throughout the 20th century, homo occidentalus used this energy for "progress". :|

Even if certain degradations are due to the disadvantages inherent in energy itself (oil and CO2 that its combustion releases), there are also many degradations due to the abundance and the low price of this recording (at a certain era).

A simple example: the pollution of landscapes by highways and "engineering structures" is the result of increased mobility of people. With another type of cheaper and less polluting energy, the whole planet will be covered with roads :frown:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 31/05/06, 12:02

Unless we find a way to get around differently, by air or by dematerialization-rematerialization ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 31/05/06, 14:19

Cuicui wrote:Unless we find a way to get around differently, by air or by dematerialization-rematerialization ...

Yes, certainly, although the example of roads was ... just an example !!!

Air transport involves other inconveniences: monstrous airports surrounded by car parks on km2, noise pollution ...

As for teleportation, it's still in the realm of SF. In addition, unless we manage to make the equipment small enough so that everyone can have one at home, that will not solve the problem since it will be necessary to go to the teleporter ... by car !!! (which is also the case for air transport elsewhere).
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding