My cat's punctured eye ... grew back in 10 days?!? A miracle in felines?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My cat's punctured eye ... grew back in 10 days?!? A miracle in felines?

by sen-no-sen » 29/11/20, 21:29

Christophe wrote:
How do cat lives count? : Shock: : Mrgreen:

If your cat gets run over by a car and leaves, that counts for 1 life! : Mrgreen:

Out of curiosity, what is the oldest remedy in the world?

Perhaps related to the oldest profession in the world? Ok I.... : Arrow:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/20, 00:19

sen-no-sen wrote:If your cat gets run over by a car and leaves, that counts for 1 life! : Mrgreen:

10 years ago I have one who did that ... he left but he died at the veto during the night ... the veto had said that it was not too serious ... he went maybe stuck in the doses of medocs ... or is it the stress of being locked up? She was a little furious ... when she was a kitten she had jumped from the mezzanine to come and see me ... : Cheesy:

And when I recovered the corpse ... my other cat who saw it in the box jumped ... : Shock:

Just for those who still doubt the conscience of animals ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/11/20, 01:27

Our body sheds 300 billion old / damaged cells every day. But not all are replaced at the same rate.
https://www.science-et-vie.com/corps-et-sante/quelle-est-la-duree-de-vie-de-nos-cellules-8087
Man does not have the same capacities as some animals ... but ...

To my knowledge, if there is ablation, only our liver has the capacity to reconstitute itself at 100%, as long as the square lobe has not been reached ...

There is some hope that one day we can grow our teeth back, some researchers had managed to do this in rats a few years ago, but for humans (as far as I remember) stem cells were needed. of two types, including epithelial cells, which was an insurmountable obstacle until last year.

However, I do not know if this is true, but English researchers from King's College have managed to partially overcome this difficulty. For the moment not yet for pulled teeth, but only for teeth affected to the point that root treatment is necessary. They succeeded in reactivating the “progenitor cells”, which means that when in the past it was necessary to do a root treatment, in 2 or 3 years it will be possible to ensure that the tooth becomes able to regenerate itself. all alone from inside.

But this is only a step towards the reconstitution (regrowth) of complete teeth, already torn off, that we manage to grow back in rats (for a few years already) ... Tomorrow in humans, an incision in jawbone and regrowth will occur (I mean it probably counts in years before they get there).
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 30/11/20, 06:42

Christophe .... You have a vegetarian cat ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/11/20, 07:58

1360 »29/11/20, 20:34
Janic wrote:
A few days later (with the help of the oldest remedy in the world) ...
Out of curiosity, what is the oldest remedy in the world?
Christophe wrote:
Rest ? : Mrgreen:
Maybe yes ;)
This is also part of it: Sick animals isolate themselves as if prostrate, and cease the absorption of any food to promote self-repair and where the vital forces are not dispersed towards other activities. and of course, when they have access to it, the oldest remedy in the world, in question!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/11/20, 10:32

A little anecdote on this kind of subject:
A documentary showed a band of monkeys consuming abundantly poisonous fruits; then once satiated these monkeys headed for…. This remedy in question and no monkey then showed signs of intoxication.
Question: were these fruits really poisonous? Yes, this has been verified on the monkeys when they can no longer access this remedy in question.
What is it then? All the natural health books make extensive mention of it!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/11/20, 12:53

While we're at it:
I had a colleague who constantly complained of his stomach ulcers that no treatment would remove. I suggested this product to him, which he rejected with contempt! Years have passed and one day he announces to me that his doctor prescribed him a medoc containing this remedy in question, and he was in heaven having no more pain since. So much time wasted in unnecessary suffering! (Probably a charlatan doctor and swindler that goes without saying!): Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/20, 12:57

Can you be clearer Janic?

What are you talking about exactly? : Shock:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/11/20, 13:13

... of the remedy in question : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/11/20, 17:37

Can you be clearer Janic?
What are you talking about exactly?
It is intriguing! : Cheesy: unfortunately I can't give any names so as not to be accused of charlatanism and crook and I should still fire who you know to the doghouse! But all those who are used to non-conventional medicines will understand me. : roll:
And I have others of the same kind if that interests those who do not bark!
Last edited by Janic the 30 / 11 / 20, 17: 43, 1 edited once.
1 x

Back to "Science and Technology"