Handling and interpretations of scientific studies

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/12/11, 15:08

Homeopathy in its basic principles is not scientific, a version of belief influenced by the discovery at the same time of the vaccine against smallpox very clearly, taken to the extreme, at a time when the atoms were completely unknown.
It becomes a belief of the healer type applied for lack of anything better to satisfy the need for affection, interest and belief of the sick.

Even in allopathy we give drugs, sometimes dangerous, like the Mediator to lose weight (ineffective but dangerous hidden) and many others, to ssatisfy the patients' need for a drug, even a useless one, a patient who cannot leave without anything, method identical to homeopathy !!

I was given pain medication, for little things, which I never took, because the will reduces pain by 10 by resisting !!

When we see prescriptions for 10 to 20 homeopathic medicines (harmless), we wonder how the doctor can believe it, because it comes down to pure chance, what is going on in the mind of the doctor at that time, another consultation of the same patient at the same time, would have given another prescription !!
It's identical to healers, a belief !!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/12/11, 15:13

Dede, you who are the master of science, have you proved that what you tell us 10 times by thread of this forum was real? That is to say that running and cutting wood in cold weather improves health? : Cheesy:

For my part, to judge homeopathy I do not rely on personal judgments, but on experiences that have been carried out in numbers.

http://www.doctissimo.fr/html/sante/mag_2004/sem02/0910/sa_8057_homeopathie_cancer_fibromyalgie.htm a écrit :They compared a conventionally used product, trolamine (contained in the famous Biafine for example), to a homeopathic medicine: calendula. And, of the 128 patients in the study, dermatitis was significantly less abundant in those receiving the homeopathic treatment.

Otherwise, Dede thinks plants are also sensitive to the placebo effect
Summary of http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20028717 wrote :For example, a homeopathic preparation of arsenic has made it possible to increase the germination rate of wheat grains previously contaminated with real arsenic, as if they had been "cured" of their contamination.

summary of BELON P.; BANERJEE A.; KARMAKAR SR; BISWAS SJ; CHOUDHURY SC; BANERJEE P .; DAS JK; PATHAK S .; GUHA B .; PAUL S .; BHATTACHARJEE N .; KHUDA-BUKHSH AR Homeopathic remedy for arsenic toxicity? : evidence-based findings from a randomized placebo-controlled double blind human trial. Science of the Total Environment 2007, 384, p.141-150] wrote:In India, a study has made it possible to evaluate the action of a homeopathic medicine on patients intoxicated with arsenic by the ingestion of contaminated water. The results show a notable decrease in the blood and urine arsenic concentration and an improvement in the skin symptoms of intoxication
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/12/11, 15:33

the role of the legislator is to recognize the existence of it (as for acupuncture, osteopathy, etc ...)

osteopathy is much better standing than homeopathy and one can practice it on oneself without knowing it with basic scientific common sense:
like loosening my knee or replacing my herniated disc with sciatica !!

Acupuncture has a certain coherence in its principle excite a point to change the pain threshold, fact that all we can see on ourselves !!

Homeopathy has only the placebo effect and the need for listening or affection of the patient by his doctor, as clear justification!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/12/11, 16:05

I find your sentence:
and the need for listening or affection of the patient by his doctor ...
very interesting. It says a lot about the soft-brutality of human relationships seeking refuge in a priced service ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/12/11, 17:14

osteopathy is much better standing than homeopathy and one can practice it on oneself without knowing it with basic scientific common sense:

I did not know that common sense was scientific, and elementary in addition, we learn it every day.
This is not a double blind randomized trial, the only credible scientific experiment! there is something to lose its elementary common sense (but not scientific of course) :|
osteopathy in 3 lessons? : Idea:
Acupuncture has a certain coherence in its principle excite a point to change the pain threshold, fact that all we can see on ourselves !!

Except that you could not hold such a speech if acupuncture (considered as charlatanism at its introduction in France, but scientists turn like weathervanes at any wind, then!) Had not obtained to be tolerated like homeopathy or osteopathy for that matter!
It's funny this arbitrary!
A little advice: do not take this speech to an acupuncturist, if you do not want to appear ridiculous in his eyes.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/12/11, 19:08

Quote:

osteopathy in 3 lessons?

yes I don't go to the osteopath, for what I can solve with basic common sense, while others spend their lives for the same thing with the osteopath, like a daughter of my wife's sister, in my family, who to loosen a knee of her child daughter, saw a lot of doctors unable to loosen without damage, before discovering a miraculous osteopath, whom she will see all the time.
And yet it is elementary mechanics.

Me, my knee sometimes stuck, impossible to walk, for 40 years (with certain extreme movements) is unstuck each time with the right movement; neighbor of the one who stuck with too much play, just modified to put back in place, enjoying this game intelligently !!
Others, in my place, as in my family, remain stuck for years, forcing and damaging the stuck knee which totally prevents walking, because impossible to lengthen it, without forcing !!
Over 40 years ago, it appeared in judo, and I had spent a good quarter of an hour finding the right movement, which is not obvious, to put back in place with great relief! !
You have to take advantage of what you feel, to be close to the movement that has been stuck by too much play, to put it back in place.

Same for my sciatica, 17 years ago, became sciatica, on a forehand in extension to tennis !! At each painful step I felt all the way from the sciatic nerve to the foot !!
The next day, after a painful night, still trapped by this herniated disc, I played tennis again, each painful step, to find myself in the movement that had moved, jumping in extension, but in reverse, on reverse !!
On the fourth setback, the disc was put back in place, with enormous relief !!!

With this relief, which
is not a double-blind randomized trial, the only credible scientific experiment
we do not argue at all: before clopin clopan, with each painful step like on eggs (some would have taken lots of useless tablets) and 20 seconds after, relieved, we gambol !!
Rebouting osteopaths do this, a basic mechanical replacement, which many doctors ignore completely because of their inability to discover what they have not been taught (testimony in my family, carried around between doctors, who did not inform me of this difficulty before the miraculous osteopath) !!

The basic principle is: if it got stuck by sudden movement, we can put back in place by the same type of movement barely modified !!!!

For these 17 years, sciatica has always threatened (disc play) but, I have muscled my back much better, (intense bike uphill) to hold everything in place (fundamental) and I do not force the forehand to the maximum. tennis (limited rotations) !!.
Others certainly went to the hospital, for less than me, and operated, like the neighbor in front of one of my houses, him very young !!
17 years ago, fashion was still far from moving the herniated discs quickly as currently (3 months at the bottom of the bed was fashion around 1980 and 17 years ago a few weeks full of painkillers) !!
So I apply the scientific method on moi, and it works, but a lot of people are incapable of such an exact analysis of their sensations, of their internal mechanics, to solve simple problems, despite the emotions due to the pain !!
We can even realize, false medical modes as well !!
osteopathy in 3 lessons?

I do not have the impression that janic has assimilated this basic scientific method !!

Acupuncture has a real basis and given its Chinese complexity, certainly a lot of arbitrariness.
We can clearly see such a settling in the west of acupuncture.

For example for my sciatica, an acupuncture point was indicated right under the foot at the end of the sciatic nerve, so with a certain reality, and an effectiveness on me of the type that I wrote: change of the pain threshold by excitation local, and therefore not very strong.
Mechanical repositioning is incomparably more definitive and impossible by acupuncture, usual allopathy by medication or homeopathy.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/12/11, 19:19

For example for my sciatica, an acupuncture point was indicated right under the foot at the end of the sciatic nerve, so with a certain reality, and an effectiveness on me of the type that I wrote: change of the pain threshold by excitation local, and therefore not very strong.
Mechanical repositioning is incomparably more definitive and impossible by acupuncture, usual allopathy by medication or homeopathy.

an acupuncturist who would not first seek if there is no mechanical problem, would not be worthy to exercise .... scientifically!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/12/11, 19:31

amusing:
Dede, you who are the master of science, have you proved that what you tell us 10 times by thread of this forum was real?
That is to say that running and cutting wood in cold weather improves health?

because I was talking about a cold coming, coming from my wife (his rifle caught in the stores), yesterday and this afternoon and today, around 17pm I went to do my intense daily exercise (which I had not wrongly done yesterday!) to climb up a hill of stairs in the forest 3 times for 200m drop, which makes you sweat intensely, and miraculously I no longer feel the cold developing, but as if it was over !!

One of my sons, the elder, to keep a job had to accept a more manual job, with lots of exercise outside in the cold, instead of being in front of a desk !!
He is much better, thinner and has far fewer colds and flu than behind a desk !! these are his own words !!!
So I have to repeat
proved that what I harp on you 10 times per thread of this forum was real?
on me, my son and his wife,
and that I can confirm with an avalanche of scientific articles !!

A problem, for my wife, with her cold cold, I did not manage to make her move with the necessary intensity, (big sweat) and therefore she has a cold cold that blocks her to find the will to stir !!!
I did not succeed on my last son to make him move and run with the necessary intensity (big sweat) and he has more colds and winter troubles !!!
CQFD !!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/12/11, 20:01

your testimony is not very pasteurian, but rather supporting Béchamp's point of view according to which the microbe, the virus and other external aggressors are not decisive. The oxygen content in the blood is enough to neutralize them like rabies or tetanus ... and the rest!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/12/11, 21:03

For the article cited by indy49 of Italians in Naples, Milan and Bologna, specialized in finding homeopathic effects, interesting, less disturbing than biological transmutation (factor 7 in iron concentrations that we want to reproduce given its enormity ), I note that the effect is very weak by a few percent, that the soft wheat cereal seeds can germinate at 100 ° C !! which leaves me perplexed and asks for overlap on this resistance of a cereal seed which germinates at the temperature of boiling water, good for baking it in bread ????? !!!

Given the low percentage, it represents a lot of work to reproduce in other laboratories, apart from homeopathy.
For me, not convincing, like many publications with weak effects, not convincing, like that of Beneviste.

Indy49 could have given the full links of the other articles.

Anyway if homeopathy has some real validity, like cold biological transmutations or not, we have to totally change our knowledge. And the proposed models are muddy and will have to be clarified.

To convince, you need clear, important, reproducible effects, by everyone, like my knee which gets stuck and loosens easily repeatedly, following the movements !!

Finally :
your testimony is not very pasteurian, but rather supporting Béchamp's point of view according to which the microbe, the virus and other external aggressors are not decisive. The oxygen content in the blood is enough to neutralize them like rabies or tetanus ... and the rest!

It's very pasteurian, not the oxygen content of the blood, but a determining virus (without it, even in the cold, we have nothing at all, without going to pick up a virus in stores and Béchamp is wrong) and the immune system (the brain too), which is stimulated by exercise (proven in publications), the heating of all parts of the body, cold if not at rest, nose, bronchi by stimulating blood circulation and metabolism (we turns red with sweat) and the proven fact that the cold virus multiplies much less quickly when hot (because of the fever) than when cold (huge factor also discovered by Pasteur for microbes in chickens at 42 ° C ), which explains the sensations of cold at the beginning, with the virus which manipulates our thermal regulation towards the cold, to develop faster.
Formerly, faced with this cold start of flu or cold, I soaked my feet in very hot water, but intense exercise is much more effective in changing its evolution, because the whole body sees its metabolism and its temperature increased.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"