Indirect solar lighting

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
marcel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Indirect solar lighting

by marcel » 28/10/14, 18:36

Do you know this stuff?
http://www.echy.fr/produit/

This seems of little use to tell the truth, except to light cellars or points very far from the access to the day.
At least 10 years ago, I saw a very similar system being studied in the states, but I lost the links. They used a parabola and transferred the light into huge optical fibers (like 40 mm in diameter!).
Here the choice of the Fresnel lens created may be the novelty ...?
Is it worth the effort? If you do not mind!! : Cheesy:

Marcel
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 28/10/14, 21:57

Good evening, I had seen that this project was supervised by leroy merlin
in the magazine "near you, summer n ° 62"
here it is http://dccvmag.leroymerlin.fr/62/index.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/10/14, 22:23

The "concept" is to dispose of free sunlight by means of a complex and costly device ... :P
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
marcel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marcel » 29/10/14, 12:33

Yes it's ruinous just for the light, unless you live in an underground bunker ...
But if you use light in large quantities not to light but to heat something, it's much more fun.
You keep your openings, windows, bay windows ... for your light comfort and possibly to heat your home. But to have additional heating, you conduct the light from this sensor (located where you want, even far from the home because the line losses are low, which differs from a usual solar thermal collector) and you distribute it where you want.
For example, you put a sensor on the roof, on your fence or at the bottom of the garden ... and you lead the concentrated light into a domestic water tank that will be heated, or even in a simple box anywhere in the house and this box will heat up!
It is then enough to create a receiver which accumulates this heat (the box contains a mass, a soapstone plate ...) and which returns it during the night.
In this case the light introduced into the habitat is no longer superfluous and surely less ruinous ... :?:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/10/14, 17:47

If we lead the light to a solar water heater, this only increases the investment ... as for the direct heating of a "simple box", it is confusing lighting and heating!
0 x
marcel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marcel » 30/10/14, 17:24

No Ahmed, I do not confuse.
Light is energy. We can use its illuminating virtues, but we can also convert it into heat by capturing it.
A solar dish produces heating at its focal point if and only if a captive object is placed there.
It's the same for the box: light is concentrated and then transported by optical fiber to the box. The incoming light will captive the box and produce heat.
But if I derail, I want to be explained.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/10/14, 19:26

Of course, light is energy and you don't derail!
It's just that the orders of magnitude in these two configurations have nothing to do ...
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"