The "Blob": monocellular species, half fungus, half yeast

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The "Blob": a monocellular species, half fungus, half yeast

by izentrop » 16/06/17, 00:51

Janic, That's what the old people used to say when they got fed up. It could have been "cre vindiou!".
It was a joke (from Dijon), but you felt offended because you reacted : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/06/17, 09:06

Janic, That's what the old people used to say when they got fed up. It could have been "cre vindiou!".
It was a joke (from Dijon), but you felt offended because you reacted

Not at all ! When I tinker, especially on the cars and I get angry, I swear much more! It's like " God damn good guy god name, what the fuck that fuck me that ? "Etc ... it relieves even if it does not serve anything except open the valve under pressure.
When I was incorporated into the army, these young people came from all over the world and became " Eh, whore, eh shit, eh con "But above all" Fucking your mother, your mother's cunt "At the end of each sentence, which indicated their black foot origin.
Falsely naively, I then asked one of the injured if his mother was a whore, which provoked a brutal reaction " I would not allow anyone to insult my mother by calling her a whore "," But that's what your boyfriend just said, he even talks about your mother's cunt as if he knew him, maybe even used it Astonished astonishment! " But this is only an expression ! »« Yes, but he was really convincing and convinced it seems!", Etc. My provocative side that has not changed, fortunately! : Cheesy:
Eh, yes, people really say anything, no matter how and are not offended for that! However, I think that every time he used this expression or wanted to use it, this formula and his analysis should come back to him in memory.
Thus taken at the second degree, it is not signifier, but often hides under this appearance, a thought in the first degree, it! And there we change register! : Evil:
In my age of conformist atheism (rather of distilled anti-religion in primary school), I happened to insult this supposed god, which had as much effect as insulting the foot of a chair and It is therefore without scope, any more than to say your mother's whore. But after a change of reflection, of paradigm, these same words no longer have the same meaning, nor the same significance either.
I assume, therefore, That considering your anti-religious position, that this formula is not trivial, but deliberately significant. Text and context: "This That gets me in "The" Blob ", the creature that frightens biologists", it is the word "creature" used all the time.
Why give credit to creationism, good god good god? "
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/06/17, 18:17

It is annoying all the same that in magazines and documentaries scientists, we still use this word "creature" to designate a living being, because since Darwin, it has become indisputable that the human origin is not separated from that of any other life on earth. We have common origins with this "blob".
The evidence is only accumulating in this direction. So people who still believe in religions voluntarily put on blinkers.

The only reason which still makes use of this term can only be commercial, in order to rake the dogmatic clientele, or at least not to offend their susceptibility.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/06/17, 19:00

It's annoying all the same that in scientific journals and documentaries, we still use this word "creature" to designate a living being, because since Darwin, it has become indisputable that the human origin does not differ from that of all other life on earth. We have common origins with this "blob".

It is annoying for people like you, but they represent only a small part of the population, who, irrespective of any belief, are used to it without it being impeded.
for the "no mismatch" there is both true and false at the same time. Everything that exists in this universe is made up of the same elements that also make us up, like the legos from the game of the same name! But a box of lego does not make an orderly construction, any more than elements of chemistry do of the living.
Sen no sen likes to replace the term hazard by non-determinism and the scientific literature, or not, continues to use the term chance.
The evidence is only accumulating in this direction. So people who still believe in religions voluntarily put on blinkers.
Do not confuse proofs and indications. To date, no scientist has been able to prove the spontaneous generation that would have resulted from a self-organization that Sen does not like. " But if the facts are like stones ...Etc. It is not the facts, but hypotheses, suppositions, theories, the famous SI.
Do not put the cart before the horse.

That said Christophe put an end to a debate that was dragging on and that you can always consult with arguments for and arguments against.
On the other hand: what is the decree for the FTC? And incidentally the pending answers?
Last edited by Janic the 16 / 06 / 17, 19: 16, 2 edited once.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/06/17, 19:08

izentrop wrote:
The only reason which still makes use of this term can only be commercial, in order to rake the dogmatic clientele, or at least not to offend their susceptibility.

The magazine science and life Does not shine by its objectivity, so most of its covers are deliberately seductive to see downright deceptive, examples are not lacking ... not to mention advertisements that creep into so-called scientific articles of the kind "why are oreo cookies addicting etc"... Better to move towards American scientist / For science ou the research...

No comment ...

On the other hand, it must be understood that science journals are not sellers, they sell more than closer In a week that science and life in a month .... it's beautiful progress! : Lol:
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/06/17, 19:14

sen no sen hello
Science is life is more extensionist than Research, sharper, even within the reach of professionals only.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/06/17, 19:21

Janic wrote:sen no sen hello
Science is life is more extensionist than Research, sharper, even within the reach of professionals only.

One can very well do popularization without misleading the reader or trying to give him a car or biscuit package.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/06/17, 19:59

One can very well do popularization without misleading the reader or trying to give him a car or biscuit package.
It is necessary to distinguish these two elements that are the content of the articles and the advertisement which is found in the majority of review and which, without which, would put the key under the doormat. I get magazines without ads and they shoot the language seriously, wondering on what is not the latest happening.
For the errors, of which I can not judge, is often due to points of view to which some adhere and others do not. See the differences between us or the trio.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/06/17, 20:38

Janic wrote:
It is necessary to distinguish these two elements that are the content of the articles and the advertisement which is found in the majority of review and which, without which, would put the key under the doormat. I get magazines without ads and they shoot the language seriously, wondering on what is not the latest happening.
For the errors, of which I can not judge, is often due to points of view to which some adhere and others do not. See the differences between us or the trio.

I am not talking here about advertising space that abounds in magazines (but which are often one of the only means of survival of the written press), but Oriented articles.
There are a number of examples that are more than crumbling, which in addition to not being objective are often false.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 17/06/17, 08:03

There are a number of examples that are more than crumbling, which in addition to not being objective are often false.
This is also what I think about certain points of view given here, we have experienced it in our conflicts of ideas. What one believes to be right and true is only a point of view. It is like looking at only one side of a coin and holding for real the vision that one has of it, but there is also another side completely different, no more true or false, It is just that each is not a true copy of the other. Ca is called tolerance
A wise man said: "the truth does not need a lie to be more than truth, it is sufficient in itself " plus "if the truth never triumphs, its adversaries always end up dying, this is its victory "
Nou, we are like pilgrims in the desert seeking their way into a hostile environment and the only one who holds the truth is the one who reaches the oasis. Others have their bones drying out in the midst of the dunes, so it is with ideas that recommend themselves to truth or lies.
0 x